997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Europipe installed impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:29 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Europipe installed impressions

Well, after researching high and low, I went with Europipe.

Ordered directly from Stef. What a great guy!The transaction went smoothly. After payment, my EP arrived in 3 days via Fedex. Duties and taxes were horrendous but oh well.....

The EP was boxed very well. All tools and nuts/bolts/gaskets were included. The install went without a hitch. Instructions were clear and precise. The exhaust was beautiful!

Originally, I had an OEM exhuast modified without cats, running O2 simulators. No drone, excellent flow and just 10% louder. A stealthy system.

While the flow of the catless OEM exhaust is slightly better, the sound of the EP is louder and deeper. Meaner. Overall, I am very pleased.

Although a great exhaust, if I had to do it over again, I would stick with my catless OEM exhaust, as that only cost me $1,000 (shipping/duties/taxes/O2 simulators) to do, while the EP was more than $5000. Is it worth 5k compared to my catless OEM exhaust - debatable and probably not.

But is it worth 5K compared to a bone stock exhaust? Definitely!!

If price is not an issue, go for the Europipe. But if you want something on the cheap, modifying your OEM exhaust is a good option.

(P.S. Anyone interested in an OEM catless exhaust including simulators, send me a PM. $500 plus shipping.)

Last edited by NWturbo; 08-21-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: More info
Old 08-20-2010, 03:38 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Please PM me what you had to pay in duties and taxes. Where was it shipped to ??

I have been trying to investigate this and can't get any answers.

Thanks

Old 08-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Happy to hear it did it for you. It sure fixed my problems and im out for way more than 5K....with 2 exhausts on to get to that. 3500 euro is currently 5k aussie. 4400 usd for a tubi is 4888.00 Aus. Both plus taxes and freight. The EP tool kit is worth way more than the 200 difference and then the qual...well, youve seen the EP1 so you will know exactly what i mean when i say how can you make anything better than that. It even put the OEM to second best. You gotta hand it to those guys. They sure do know how to make one heck of an exhaust .

Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I just purchased a Europipe stage 1 for less than $4K with free shipping. Duty is 2.5%...

I was looking for something like a PSE in terms of sound with zero drone.

Roy

Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 AM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
what's an 02 simulator?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
O2 simulator

With any exhaust running catless, you need to either have an ECU updated to account for this, or you can run simulators.

The OEM exhaust is monitored by two O2 sensors on each side. 1 before the 600 cell cat, and 1 after. Without cats the second sensor would detect it and set off a CEL.

With a simulator on the second O2 sensor that monitors the air that passes through the cats, you trick the computer into thinking everything is fine, and you have no CEL.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:27 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tpup
I just purchased a Europipe stage 1 for less than $4K with free shipping. Duty is 2.5%...

Roy
So did you get the PSE sound without drone you were looking for, Roy?
Thanks,
Lee

Old 08-21-2010, 10:52 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tpup

Roy
That's a good price, straight from EP? 997tt?
c

Old 08-21-2010, 04:55 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
The longer you have it, the more you will appreciate it. Absolutely great system and Stef is a great guy to deal with.

And if, for some reason, you don't like dealing with Europe, TPC sells it in the States.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
i intstalled mine ep stage 1 couple months ago, no hassle fit, i got it when the euros were weak, so i did ok on the price.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:57 PM
F16Chuck is infamous around these parts
Maybe I am not completely clear: So "going catless" and using an O2 "simulator" means you have completely removed the catalytic converters from the car, and whatever unburned fuel is left after the combustion process just spews out the tailpipe? If so, how do you get past emissions testing with this? I thought it was a violation of federal law to tamper with or remove a street-legal vehicle's emissions system, including the catalytic converters.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:03 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by F16Chuck
I thought it was a violation of federal law to tamper with or remove a street-legal vehicle's emissions system, including the catalytic converters.

It's not against the law to remove a cat, it's against the law to use a vehicle ON THE STREET with a tampered emission system.

Poster probably isn't using it on the street.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 PM
F16Chuck is infamous around these parts
Ummm....sure.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
I bought NWTurbo's exhaust that has cats removed and comes with C02 simulators. It looks in excellent shape. However, i decided to get a packaged kit on my car and no longer need the exhaust. In fact, its still in the box. (i think its the Europipe box that NW got when that was shipped to him) I have it for sale in the marketplace section if anyone is interested.

NWturbo said he would have stayed with this exhaust instead of the Europipe.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
There is no question that the most power can be made by deleting the (600 cell) catalyst. EuroPipe excels in this applied theory.