997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fault P0021

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:37 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Fault P0021

I just got this code for the second time today...I got it early this morning after I left the bank...I went home read the code and did a search on the forum regarding the code....I went ahead and deleted the code and went a for 40 mile cruise and it didn't come back...Well I just started the car and the code is back...I called the dealer but sevice is closed...My warranty expires in a couple of days and the CPO will kick in...Hope its just a bad cam sensor and not a bad cam like I read on one thread..Wish me luck...I also hope they can arrange a loaner on short term notice on Monday, since that is my day off....

Old 08-28-2010, 05:56 PM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
I got the same code for my TT after I pushed it hard several times on the drag and on the highway!

Old 08-28-2010, 06:56 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sayegh87
I got the same code for my TT after I pushed it hard several times on the drag and on the highway!
Did it just go away? I wasn't pushing my car at all...After I deleted it the first time, I went out and pushed the car to see if it would come back on and it didn't...Then when I started it in the garage a few hours later it came up again...

Old 08-28-2010, 07:46 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
This code came up on my car showed up as P2100 using durametric

Throttle actuator control motor circuit/open
Implausible signal

and I cleared it.

Spoke to Todd/Protomotive and he informed me that Durametric shows up codes in reverse(P2100) and the code would have been P0021.

I have driven over 500 miles since the reset and it has't come back.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:53 PM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by skeeter
Did it just go away? I wasn't pushing my car at all...After I deleted it the first time, I went out and pushed the car to see if it would come back on and it didn't...Then when I started it in the garage a few hours later it came up again...
I let it sit for a day or so and when I started the car again it wasnt there. I had purchased a 50 dollar tester to see if the code was still there though and it showed up on the tool, so I am guessing even if it doesnt show up it might still be in the system.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
This code came up on my car showed up as P2100 using durametric

Throttle actuator control motor circuit/open
Implausible signal

and I cleared it.

Spoke to Todd/Protomotive and he informed me that Durametric shows up codes in reverse(P2100) and the code would have been P0021.

I have driven over 500 miles since the reset and it has't come back.
Thats not the same code I have...Mine was a cam bank 2 error... Just read another thread and I guess they are related... Hopefully its a easy fix....

Originally Posted by sayegh87
I let it sit for a day or so and when I started the car again it wasnt there. I had purchased a 50 dollar tester to see if the code was still there though and it showed up on the tool, so I am guessing even if it doesnt show up it might still be in the system.
Thanks for the info...Mine is still there and thats a good thing I guess...This way the dealer doesn't brush me off and send me on my way!

Last edited by skeeter; 08-28-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I just called the dealer that I bought the car from and the first question was have you modified the car? I said yes I have exhaust on it...He told me most likely that is my problem and exhaust voids your warranty...Needless to say I told him I can't bring it in and called another dealer....I've been to the other dealer before and all they did was complement me on the exhaust...I made an appointment with the other dealer...I guess some dealers have a zero tolerance on mods while others don't...

Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Yes, my dealer is the same way. They won't even put on aftermarket wheels. We all take our chances with warranty issues when modding. People can cite the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act but in all practicality not something you want to deal with. Good luck with your repair.