997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Questions 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:55 AM
MK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to all
Questions 1 and 2

1. Whats the best brake pads i can install on my 997 turbo with OEM rotors and brake system?
2. the rear seats if i remove them will it help with weight reduction, if yes what can i install instead of the seats?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Remove the rear back seats....They will save you around 20lb and if anyone sits back,there is more room...

Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
If you don't mind a little noise, the Pagid Yellow 19s are the best for a high horsepower car used at high speed often. They will stand up to plenty of track abuse and will still work fairly well at low temperatures.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:52 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
I could be wrong but in my opinion, the turbo is already so heavy that i'm not sure there is much you can do without totally tearing your car apart. Removing the seats is a pretty easy thing to do but not sure you're going to notice it.

I guess a light weight battery is an option. I was on porsche's site yesterday playing with the GT2RS configurator and noticed they have a light weight battery option - saves about 22lbs and the one that really surprised me was a light weight headlight option saving about 15 lbs.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
The Pagid pads are great and work fine even in winter, I know because I leave them in all year round. The one draw back is they will squeal, but you can learn to modulate the pedal to eliminate 97% of it.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:30 PM
MK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to allMK-ALSABAH is a name known to all
skandalis447 thanks and can u give me instructions of how i can remove them and how will it look like after the removal of the seats.
Robin@EPL thanks and were can i buy them online?
E55AMG thanks and i will check with the dealership tomorrow if they got those batteries.
landjet thanks and if you can direct me to a website i can place an order for them.

THANKS GUYS

Old 09-01-2010, 07:32 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
rennstore.com

Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
The pagid RS-29 work just as well as the 19 but the have a bit more initial bite then the 19s. Sometimes we will run the 19 in the frond and the 29 in the rear. but that depends on the driver and the chassis. But both great options. We also have both in stock.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
landjet thanks
Betim@BBIAutosport thanks and may i have the price of both rear and front pads with shipping to kuwait if you dont mind.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I was told by a few experts to stick to the originals for street use, for track they do recommend the pagids

Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MK-ALSABAH
landjet thanks
Betim@BBIAutosport thanks and may i have the price of both rear and front pads with shipping to kuwait if you dont mind.
I will PM you pricing in the morning (USA morning)

Kindest

Old 09-01-2010, 07:45 PM
dinorocz thanks but in kuwait the stock pads are expensive ($840 without installing them)

Old 09-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Betim@BBIAutosport thanks and may u please send pictures of them too please.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MK-ALSABAH
Betim@BBIAutosport thanks and may u please send pictures of them too please.
No Problem at all.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Try the Hawk HPS pads. Stonger bite than stock pads and no squeal like race pads. They will eat up rotors a bit more than stocks, but nothing like Pagid race pads. If you do a lot of tracking, then go with the Pagids. They are great for track applications.

Hawk HPS pads are great for aggressive street use and the occasional track day. The only issue is that they only make applications for the front and not the rear on the 997tt. However, Porterfield in Costa Mesa, CA (USA) will custom cut a set of rear pads for you. The best part of it all is that these pads create almost NO DUST!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions 1 and 2