997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sweet Anticipation - My Europipe 997.2 TT Exhaust has Finally SHIPPED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:48 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Sweet Anticipation - My Europipe 997.2 TT Exhaust has Finally SHIPPED!

Hi everyone,

It seems that there is an abundance of debate these days about what is the best choice of exhausts for our cars.

In our part of the world, we have a very popular saying that, loosely translated, says: You want to confuse someone, give him many choices...

Well, starting from initial confusion, and after researching this issue and after exchanging posts and PMs with a lot of my fellow 6speeders, it became abundantly clear to me that owners of Europipe exhaust were the group that were the happiest with their choice. I never had a single EP exhaust owner wish he had made a different choice, while some owners of other brands were swapping out their initial choice for something else, or, at least, expressed some criticism or another about their selection.

So, very early on, i.e. back in May or June, I put my name down on the pre-order list for the yet unreleased 997.2 TT Europipe exhaust.

While 997.1 owners have a choice of EP Stage 1 and EP Stage 2, from what Stef at Europipe told me, there will only be one system for the 997.2 TT.

A week ago, Stef told me that the 997.2TT exhaust is now available for final ordering and asked me if I want to confirm my order to get my preferential production slot because of my pre-order.

Duh! I wired the money immediately!

Fedex picked up my exhaust from EP yesterday and it's on its way.

Stef was kind enough to send me the following pictures:

Note: Not pictured here are also the heat shields for the cats.
What a work of art! Too bad no one will ever see it after the install!

I also have a sound clip and specifications, but I will leave that for Stef to share with all of us!

On the 997.2 TT ECU on freer-flowing exhaust and adjustments made by the ECU after monitoring the loss of back pressure, well, Scott Slauson at Softronic and I are working on something rather extra special. We will share details and results with the community when we nail everything down!

So, anticipation is building up!

I will post a new thread with plenty of pictures on packaging, install, etc... soon.

Last edited by k_ddsl; 09-04-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:59 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
congrats, that is a truly beautiful exhaust!

can't wait for some video clips!

Old 09-04-2010, 03:17 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Congrats!
And speaking of art. I my self never seen a beautifully finshed exhaust as EP, the guys got taste u could see how nicely finished the exterior .. probably better in performance .. gr8 write up thnx and for sharing the info.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:00 AM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Wow. That is awesome. Please please post some vids and a thorough review.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:05 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex55
congrats, that is a truly beautiful exhaust!

can't wait for some video clips!
Thanks Alex! Will post clips when everything's done.

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Congrats!
And speaking of art. I my self never seen a beautifully finshed exhaust as EP, the guys got taste u could see how nicely finished the exterior .. probably better in performance .. gr8 write up thnx and for sharing the info.
Thanks brother! EP quality is second to none!

Originally Posted by M3 Chris
Wow. That is awesome. Please please post some vids and a thorough review.
Thanks Chris. I promise, I'll post a full review with plenty of pics and video/sound clips from outside and inside the car, cold start, fly bys, etc...

It'll probably be the last week of September as I am going to be out of town until the middle of the third week of September.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:05 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Congrats! Piece of art.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Gerardo is infamous around these partsGerardo is infamous around these parts
Awesome!!

Old 09-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Congrats! Piece of art.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Gerardo
Awesome!!
Thank you mate!

Old 09-04-2010, 02:19 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, enjoy the sound

Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
An exhaust masterpiece! The nice thing about EP is the assurance that you will be happy with your purchase in advance. Porsche is sure trying to make these cars less mod friendly. The limited PDK threshold, backpressure sensor...you can't even change out exhausts. I guess it shouldn't be too tough to trick out the sensor.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:48 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Hi everyone,

It seems that there is an abundance of debate these days about what is the best choice of exhausts for our cars.

In our part of the world, we have a very popular saying that, loosely translated, says: You want to confuse someone, give him many choices...

Well, starting from initial confusion, and after researching this issue and after exchanging posts and PMs with a lot of my fellow 6speeders, it became abundantly clear to me that owners of Europipe exhaust were the group that were the happiest with their choice. I never had a single EP exhaust owner wish he had made a different choice, while some owners of other brands were swapping out their initial choice for something else, or, at least, expressed some criticism or another about their selection.

So, very early on, i.e. back in May or June, I put my name down on the pre-order list for the yet unreleased 997.2 TT Europipe exhaust.

While 997.1 owners have a choice of EP Stage 1 and EP Stage 2, from what Stef at Europipe told me, there will only be one system for the 997.2 TT.

A week ago, Stef told me that the 997.2TT exhaust is now available for final ordering and asked me if I want to confirm my order to get my preferential production slot because of my pre-order.

I also have a sound clip and specifications, but I will leave that for Stef to share with all of us!

On the 997.2 TT ECU on freer-flowing exhaust and adjustments made by the ECU after monitoring the loss of back pressure, well, Scott Slauson at Softronic and I are working on something rather extra special. We will share details and results with the community when we nail everything down!

I will post a new thread with plenty of pictures on packaging, install, etc... soon.

Is the 997.2 TT exhaust being made with 100 or 200 cell cats ? Stage 1 or Stage 2 ?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bosco42
Is the 997.2 TT exhaust being made with 100 or 200 cell cats ? Stage 1 or Stage 2 ?
unlike the previous 997.1. EP has made it's exhaust in one option only for the 997.2tt 100 cell cats

Old 09-04-2010, 06:26 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
unlike the previous 997.1. EP has made it's exhaust in one option only for the 997.2tt 100 cell cats
for 997.1 they only come in 100 cell cats as well, just the muffler design is different for stage 1 and 2

Old 09-04-2010, 06:29 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Hi everyone,

k_ddsl congrats, i know the feeling. you made a good choice. so where does it measure the back pressure, as i do not see any back pressure tap ports on the exhaust in the picture, just curious?

Old 09-04-2010, 06:38 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I see a scratch.

Just kidding...

Nice choice for an exhaust.

- bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sweet Anticipation - My Europipe 997.2 TT Exhaust has Finally SHIPPED!