997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT for Range Rover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
SEMJR is infamous around these parts
997TT for Range Rover

My Escalade lease is up soon and i'm deciding if i should trade in my 2007 997tt for a Range Rover or just drive TT as my daily driver. I've always had an SUV as a daily driver and a Porsche as a weekend car. Am i crazy to trade in my 997tt for a Range Rover? They are giving me a pretty fair trade in value (i think?) for the Turbo. basically I can jump into a 2011 Fullsize Range Rover HSE with Luxury package for $0. thoughts?

Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Good god man. Are you nuts?
All comes down to need. Since it's the DD, has to fit your practical needs. From a fun and reliability standpoint: obviously the TT hands down.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SEMJR
My Escalade lease is up soon and i'm deciding if i should trade in my 2007 997tt for a Range Rover or just drive TT as my daily driver. I've always had an SUV as a daily driver and a Porsche as a weekend car. Am i crazy to trade in my 997tt for a Range Rover? They are giving me a pretty fair trade in value (i think?) for the Turbo. basically I can jump into a 2011 Fullsize Range Rover HSE with Luxury package for $0. thoughts?
Drive Turbo for a year... price out 2011 HSE with 8k miles next fall. Laugh and thank yourself that you didn't trade.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
What have you been smoking ? Have you lost your mind

Old 09-13-2010, 09:36 PM
SEMJR is infamous around these parts
drVolkl,
Probably the best advise.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Former Vendor
FORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the rough
Keep the 997...

Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
why not both?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:37 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
You should definitely trade it in if that thought is even crossing your mind.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 AM
quattrogeek is infamous around these parts
Range Rover full size HSE Westminister edition here, bought it brand new. Will never buy another Range Rover new again.

The depreciation hit packs a big punch.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:59 AM
997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all997John is a name known to all
Keep the 997 because the Range Rover will release the new Vogue in 2012. In my opinion this is the only Range Rover.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
It all depends on your needs. I have had all of them 3 full size ranges and 911's.
If you enjoy driving your turbo then you will be at a loss. If you are completely done with the 911 and have no use for it then you can move forward. Its all what you want, but I realized a long time ago that NO SUV will ever replace sports cars no matter how sport and the Range Rover is a great SUV for luxury but it is one of the least performance oriented driving cars out there. That said it is a great car. All cars will depreciate like crazy.

It sounds like you had the best of all worlds SUV practicality and a sick 911 for the weekends and fun times. Are you switching to one because of finances, space, room or just bored. Either way you need to decide for yourself, but clearly you arent trying to replace your 911 with a Range. You could get the Range for free in this case and then get a newer 911 or preowned whatever in the future but have your daily all paid off!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:35 AM
saiko88 is infamous around these parts
997! for sure

Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
At least get the supercharged. I concur with comments about severe depreciation on RR.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Surprised nobody suggested this: if you really must have only one or the other and cannot have the turbo and another dd, then my best advice would be to trade the turbo in for a cayenne turbo and you get the best of all worlds

Old 09-14-2010, 09:33 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Surprised nobody suggested this: if you really must have only one or the other and cannot have the turbo and another dd, then my best advice would be to trade the turbo in for a cayenne turbo and you get the best of all worlds

Bingo,

The new Cayenne TT is the answer.

Excalades and RR's are so yesterday

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT for Range Rover