997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fried my DME today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Red face Fried my DME today

Hi Guys,
I was trying to load a different map into the car today after some data logging. I was on laptop battery and it took a little longer than usual for the start , then I decided to just cancel it and restart. By time that clicked on the X button, the rewriting already started. Now I have all kinds of warning/failure messages showing and the fans are blowing in the front. The DME won't communicate with the cable anymore and the car won't crank at all.
am i out of luck ?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Abby997TT; 11-26-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:21 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man that sucks...I heard you have to send it in and they can fix it for a couple hundred! G/l! Which tune do you have?

Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Hi Guys,
I was trying to load a different map into the car today after some data logging. I was on laptop battery and it took a little longer than usual for the start , then I decided to just cancel it and restart. By time that clicked on the X button, the rewriting already started. Now I have all kinds of warning/failure messages showing and the fans are blowing in the front. The DME won't communicate with the cable anymore and the car won't crank at all.
am i out of luck ?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-14-2010, 09:23 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I would scrap the OBDII flash for this inherent reason. I would Contact Evoms or SharkWerks pull your ECU and send it to them, they can replace the corrupt chip but of course you will also be purchasing EVOMSit software as well.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
From my very little experience (just with softronics) the cars can and usually go into limp mode for about 10 to 12 hours after remapping the ecu. My car did this and they said it was normal, to just wait at least 10 hours before trying to restart and it should be back to normal. Also everytime you try to start the car before 10 hours the countdown starts all over again.
Hopefully this is your case and not something worse.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Your tune is with Todd K, right? Pull your ECU, and over night it to him. He should have all the baseline files and can bench flash your ECU to stock. He'll just need your VIN.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Wow, that sure isn't pushed in any sales pitch

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
From my very little experience (just with softronics) the cars can and usually go into limp mode for about 10 to 12 hours after remapping the ecu. My car did this and they said it was normal, to just wait at least 10 hours before trying to restart and it should be back to normal. Also everytime you try to start the car before 10 hours the countdown starts all over again.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:34 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
that sucks big time......boy you cant get no faster.....I didnt even do that to my car and was able to hit 198 mph, 192 mph in the pic.....

Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Thanks guys! I have Todd k's tune. I have sent him an email earlier and most likely I will have to take it out and have it fixed or get a new DME.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:38 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Thanks for the help. If the rewriting was done and the car went to limp mode, that should be an easier fix. What happened to mine was that rewriting was in motion and I cancelled it.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:40 PM

Thanks X 10000 ! I was just thinking about that thread a moment ago

Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes, you cannot cancel any firmware update midstream for any reason, you can brick your tv, blu-ray player, even a f'n refrigerator by aborting.

Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Thanks for the help. If the rewriting was done and the car went to limp mode, that should be an easier fix. What happened to mine was that rewriting was in motion and I cancelled it.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by TestJet
Yes, you cannot cancel any firmware update midstream for any reason, you can brick your tv, blu-ray player, even a f'n refrigerator by aborting.

It was an accident. I went to cancel it because I thought it hasn't started rewriting and still verifing my cable. It started on the spilt second that I pressed the "X" button. Then I knew I made an expensive mistake

Old 09-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by TestJet
Ah yes...but at least the fridge will still serve you

albeit warm...

Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
A couple hundred dollars and a few days without your car...It happens! Don't worry about it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fried my DME today