997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ruf or Fuch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ruf wheels if you can find them, otherwise go for the champions.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 PM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
Love the new look! (but I'm biased ...)

Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JT1198
Love the new look! (but I'm biased ...)
Thanks! Just wait until I finally get around to installing my H&R's. lol.

Slightly better pics... nothing spectacular. Looks like my car needs a drop...

Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
RUF wheels or counterfeits?

I guess I'm the only one who sees the crime in this. It would appear that we are not talking about genuine RUF wheels here but counterfeit RUF wheels.
Yeah, I've heard all the lame rationale about "Replica" wheels but I'm not buying it.

In my opinion, replica wheels are just plain stealing. I'm sure my friend Alois Ruf wouldn't take too kindly to the term "Replica" when it comes to copying one of his designs down to the last millimeter.

I have no sympathy for anyone who takes the intellectual property of another and sells it for profit. You know who you are and I think you belong behind bars.

Classy companies like Champion have the common decency to design their own five spoke and make sure that it is different enough to avoid confusion in the marketplace.

Sorry about the soap box but this subject really rankles me.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:37 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
I guess I'm the only one who sees the crime in this. It would appear that we are not talking about genuine RUF wheels here but counterfeit RUF wheels.
Yeah, I've heard all the lame rationale about "Replica" wheels but I'm not buying it.

In my opinion, replica wheels are just plain stealing. I'm sure my friend Alois Ruf wouldn't take too kindly to the term "Replica" when it comes to copying one of his designs down to the last millimeter.

I have no sympathy for anyone who takes the intellectual property of another and sells it for profit. You know who you are and I think you belong behind bars.

Classy companies like Champion have the common decency to design their own five spoke and make sure that it is different enough to avoid confusion in the marketplace.

The first four pics are the real deal, for the record.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Overdraft is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike

+ 1
________
Overdraft