997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Europipe 997.2 TT Exhaust Installed... Review and Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bosco42
Sounds like your making progress.....hope you hit it out of the ballpark !
Thanks bro!
Can't say it enough, man, am I loving the sound of my car!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Really liked your pics and descriptions!
What tips did you end up using? Look fwd to the video/sound clip too. Thanks for sharing your excitement with the EP.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tommy350
any sound clips? that work?
This one works :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xKoUnD21Qw

Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Not quite as raw as the EP 2 sound for 997.1 but that does sound real sweet. Another hit for Europipe!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:39 PM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
Great review Karim...as usual, you left no stone unturned and I could hear the sounds while you narrated your experience. All I know is that if you are so impressed, i certainly will be. I just had my EP cleared from customs today and delivered to my house. Unfortunately I wont be able to install it till 25th Oct!!! I just hope the wife wont hold it for ransom in my absence.

Cant wait to hear that "purr"...

Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Hi all,

I just came back into town and am still trying to play catch up on several fronts, but I thought I'd share with you the EP install pictures and impressions, although I have yet to find the time to record video/audio and perform PBox runs.

The install took place while I was out of town but my friend, fellow 6speed member YSFG35 (thank you my brother), visited the shop regularly and took pictures. He used his Blackberry to snap the shots and I polished them up as much as I could in Photoshop, so pardon the image quality.

The install was exceedingly easy. The shop deviated from Stef's instructions on one single issue only: The oxygen sensors. Rather than remove the sensors from the exhaust side before removing the exhaust, the shop found it easier to remove them from the engine side.

The EP exhaust bolted on without requiring any adjustments or efforts in alignment. The manufacturing tolerances are perfect.

Here are the pics:

Stock exhaust off

Sensors off

Sensors on

Side by side

Europipe On:

Precise fitment and alignment, no adjustments necessary:

Audio impressions:

cannga, a fellow member here on 6speed, whose advise was very much appreciated in the early stages of my hunt for an exhaust system, described his Cargraphic exhaust sound as "heavenly".

I believe I know now what he meant with his allusion to audio Nirvana.

It's not that our turbos will ever sound like a 599 GTO or a formula 1 car.

Having said that, I have auditioned a number of exhaust brands here that shall remain nameless and I can simply say that the new Europipe is simply in a league of its own.

Take the above statement for what it is, totally personal. The EP is a very civilized exhaust sound wise. What you will get is pure class for a purely classy car. If your tastes tend towards the louder straight pipe type sound, then you will find the EP sound composed and restrained.

What you hear if you're outside the car:
1- Cold start:
Very low bass rumble that sounds like a lion's threatening grumble but faster in pitch and deeper in tone. Quite loud if you're on the outside but never too loud to disturb neighbours.
That part lasts for about 30 seconds.

2- Warm idle: only slightly louder, volume wise, than the stock exhaust, but much throatier and with much more of a bass line to it, hinting at things to come when you're on the throttle. Think a tiger purring as if it were a household cat being gently stroked under the chin and increase the volume.

3- Normal partial throttle driving: very melodious sound that is about 20% louder than the stock system, but totally different in character. The pitch and frequency changes as the revs build from a deep guttural throaty sound to a rapid fire burble.

4- WOT driving: OMG! The only picture I can think of to paint for you is this: Think of a bunch of vikings shouting out war cries to Thor accompanied by a bunch of sirens singing out the turbo whistle with Thor's hammer finally coming down at every shift point to start it all, all over again!
You become addicted and find yourself lowering your windows, switching off your music, switching off your A/C and repeatedly flooring the go-faster pedal for short bursts while slightly angling your head out the window, all the while people in cars around you are looking at you as if to say WTF is wrong with this deranged lunatic!

All of the above is in normal mode. Engage Sport or Sport + and multiply the above descriptions by about 15 to 20%!

Electrifying.

I went out for a drive with a bunch of friends yesterday. One of my friends kept pulling up beside me with his windows down, urging me on to floor it again and again shouting "I want to hear it one more time!" "I want to hear it one more time!"

What you hear inside the car with the windows up:
Well, almost nothing... That is until you go WOT.
Drone is on par with the stock exhaust, if not somewhat less in volume.
Partial throttle driving is on par with stock but with all the different sound characteristics described above (throatier, bass-ier, etc...)
WOT driving is about 20% louder than stock, but, again, with the same differences in tone and character.

In short, it hit the perfect wish list for me in every possible way!

I absolutely love it.

Power:

I cannot unfortunately describe the benefits of adding the exhaust without having an ECU tune as I already have the Softronic tune in my car.

What I can truly tell you is that the old rule of thumb to change exhausts to truly feel the full potential of a tune holds true and firm.

My car is spinning wheels in second gear now; something which had not happened before.

Down low and through the mid to upper mid ranges of the rpm, the car feels like two monsters have been unleashed inside every piston chamber, pushing up and down with every rotation!
Up high, the impact is not felt to the same extent.

I have a new tune going into my car tonight that has been sent to me by Scott Slauson. It should be a significant step up from the tune I currently have and it should allow me to maximize the benefits from the exhaust.

I will report back after some testing is conducted.

I will also try to take video and audio soon.

I want to close by thanking every member here who helped advise me in my exhaust selection.

I want to single out some members:
Barry: ruf_turbo for his taking the time repeatedly and patiently to share his experiences with me
Paul: Speed21 for his zero compromise approach to demanding nothing short of excellence
Yousef: YSFG35 for taking so much out of his time to follow up my exhaust install and documenting it with pictures

Bobby, Scott, Chad, and the rest of our benevolent moderators for the wealth of knowledge they bring and for their eagerness to share it freely.

Scott Slauson from Softronic for sheer genius and being a true gentleman. Scott, chivalry is not dead...

And last, but definitely not least, Stef and Herman at Europipe for exceeding every expectation. Truly, no compromise! You guys are the best!
I can only hope this review does enough justice to a truly masterclass product and team!
Stef: Please thank mom for me for her meticulous welding work !
cool story bro!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
wow the .2 really does sound much more tame.

I saw a cpl posts on here re: the same, but figured it was some fools trolling...

guess not.

Sounds nice for sure!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone.

@C2SNerves: Congrats bro. Can't wait to hear your feedback on it. I am positive you'll love it.

What the videos are losing in terms of sound quality is the lower range (bass) frequencies.
Factor those in your mind and you'll see that the actual sound is not that tame.
Civilized to be sure, but to the point of being tame, as in OEM tame.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
artur777 is infamous around these partsartur777 is infamous around these parts
K_ddsl,

What about performace figures? Have you stabilised it?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by artur777
K_ddsl,

What about performace figures? Have you stabilised it?
Still a work in progress. I will post results and a write on it as soon as all is settled.

Best regards,

Karim

Old 10-06-2010, 02:41 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ i'm wondering if it really is that much more tame or if the driver just isnt pushing it to the rpm limit and at WOT in this video...

Old 11-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by split
^ i'm wondering if it really is that much more tame or if the driver just isnt pushing it to the rpm limit and at WOT in this video...
Well the driver is my brother and he's hitting 105 mph in that last corner and over 145 mph in that last straight line. WOT indeed so the video doesn't do justice as most videos , I'm sorry.

Filmed near Tijuana as I recall

Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Sounds very 993tt-esque in a good way. I like it.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 PM
centexm3 is infamous around these parts
sorry if this was mentioned - but what weight savings are we talking about with this ?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:02 PM
lazar is infamous around these parts
Great review. Very detailed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe 997.2 TT Exhaust Installed... Review and Pics Inside