997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 tt PDK custom ecu upgrade...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned
mikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these parts
997 tt PDK custom ecu upgrade...

A buddy of mine bought a 997.2 tt PDK just recently, and is in love. He sent the car to Proto Tech in Ft. Lauderdale FL just recently for some mods. They did a performance program to the engine ECU, and made 78.48 hp more on their basic tune !! this is far as they were able to go with the mods as the PDK trans. was slipping. However, he still wanted more ( who can resist) . So he sent his car back to Proto Tech becuase they now have a custom PDK transmission tune that allowed for a substantial increase in power!! He is now running 750+ hp with their latest turbo system upgrade and let me tell you, 750 + hp in a PDK car is absoloutley unbelievable, i really dont know any other words... The closest thing i can describe it to is being shot out of a cannon. As far my knowledge goes, they are also the only outfit with this technology. So to all of you PDK guys out there, I suggest highly that you look into Proto Tech.

Note: anyone reading this should know that at this individual is in fact Proto Tech and he has been banned

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-22-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
bumperpip is infamous around these parts
Well, this sure going to be interesting........

Old 09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned
mikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these partsmikejaggerturbo is infamous around these parts
what do you mean by that?..

Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Originally Posted by mikejaggerturbo
what do you mean by that?..
He means that upgrading the PDK unit via software to handle 750+ HP just sent his BS meter off the scale.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TXTurbo
He means that upgrading the PDK unit via software to handle 750+ HP just sent his BS meter off the scale.

to put mildly....lol

Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Lmao...i sharted...

Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 AM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Absoloutley not.. if you really think I'm B.S.ing you, go ahead and call ProtoTech and talk to them yourself, you WILL be proved differently.
I don't think your BS'sing, I thank you have been BS'ed.

If the clutch packs can't hold at 575HP how do you explain, via a tune, that they now can take 750 HP?

Do you see how this is not possible?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:10 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
For the GT-R, I know that Cobb has released the ability to change clutch capacities and touch points, along with launch RPM's via software. This wasn't too far of a stretch at all. It helps with clutch slipping, no-shift problems, etc...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
What is confusing is why prototech haver chimed in to showcase their upgraded pdk gearbox/software etc.

We see Champion moyorsport's efforts on making the pdk to hold more power by spending a significant amount of time, testing and money with different setups, etc etc...

I find it difficult to believe that if they could do a let's say software update to hold more power, they wouldn't have presented it to the community.

I am curious to see more info on the prototech upgrade and data...

Maybe what they do with the gtr for at leat up to a point could also have application on the Porsche pdk gbox

Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
ProtoTech partnered with Protomotive and have been pioneering the industry for the past 20 years, they do know what they are doing and what they are talking about....I wouldnt be so quick to pull up the B.S. card until you have experienced it yourself.. Have any of you not seen the joint effort between both shops on Kieth Taubs white 997 tt? The proof is in the pudding, if you only knew how fast that car is now after the custom E-85 system built by ProtoTech.
Sorry but when it's stated that via a tune the PDK can suddenly handle 50% more power than stock your going to get allot of skeptics.

Maybe you should look at this so you can understand the complexity issue. If it were a simple software upgrade it would already be implemented.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXTurbo
Sorry but when it's stated that via a tune the PDK can suddenly handle 50% more power than stock your going to get allot of skeptics.

Maybe you should look at this so you can understand the complexity issue. If it were a simple software upgrade it would already be implemented.
Hi guys.....as you can see from the link the TXTurbo posted, we have in fact spent considerable time, money, and effort in developing and testing our PDK transmission upgrade. During our testing and development, we have encountered both the hardware and software limitations of the factory PDK system. We've experienced slipping under higher power levels, varying drivability issues, but also some great success. At this time we are confident that we have developed a proper hardware package capable of holding higher power levels. This development was all done in-house by our infinitely skilled team of engineers.

Now that we have a capable hardware package, we are in the process of working with our exclusive software partner, GIAC, to develop PDK software to accompany that hardware. We're confident that once the software is complete, we will be able to offer a total package that will maintain higher power levels, and lower operating temperatures, without slipping and also offer stock drivability, something that has been a challenge for us all along.

It's very exciting to see other tuners diving into the PDK system. After all, it's all about choices for you guys, the end users. Take a moment to read our original thread, there's tons of cool pics and info in there. We'll do our best to keep you updated with our progress.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Well...since the car now produces 750hp and is not slipping...it should be more than interesting to see some 60-130 times...Or at least any acceleration time

Old 09-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Everyone should know that member mikejaggerturbo is from Proto-Tech, and has been posting positively for their own products/services on the board as a registered user...this is not cool and member mikejaggerturbo has been banned...

Last edited by bbywu; 09-22-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
We kind'a saw that coming...

Old 09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
"Everyone should know that member mikejaggerturbo is from Proto-Tech, and has been posting positively for their own products/services on the board as a registered user...this is not cool and member mikejaggerturbo has been banned..."
Does this mean all of this is BS or should he simply should have become a sponsor before he post positive information about his company.

Sorry if this is a stupid ? Just not sure how ethos works. I won't be trying to sell anything just kind of new first person I have noticed getting banned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 tt PDK custom ecu upgrade...