997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 ECU+Exhaust or 04 Gallardo TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:57 PM
AMGJax is infamous around these parts
997.1 ECU+Exhaust or 04 Gallardo TT?

Just looking for some opinions from you guys. The 07 turbos are coming down in price and it makes for an interesting option vs. going the 04 Gallardo plus bolt on TT kit route ($79K+$35K=650 WHP). What is the cost of an ECU flash and exhaust and what kind of WHP and 1/4 mile trap speed does it yield compared to the basic turbo Gallardo kits (around 10.7@137 MPH traps in the 1/4)?

Any other thoughts on the ownership experience of either, etc. are appreciated.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:36 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
i had the gallardo. I now have the 997.2tt

Lambo's are definately awesome performance cars. Not to mension adding to that the TT system, u'll get one hell of a wicked fast car. BUT that all depends on ur driving style, wht do u like? a DD that is fast and cost effective, while mainting drivability? or a weekend car that is tight and waaay out of model? ur talking 6 yrs today! put that in perspective

Moreover, talking of quarter mile runs. A 21.5K kit on a 997tt from TPC racing is good value for a 10.6@135 .. IMO

Old 10-01-2010, 04:52 AM
AMGJax is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the feedback. It seems like nearly identical straight line performance can be had from the 997.1 TT for less $. As I was poking around researching some of this stuff last night I found a video of a Nissan GTR pulling on a Bugatti Veyron. It looks like the 850HP kits on those are good for getting into the low 10's and into the 140's. Again, at less cost than the Gallardo.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Don't forget that a Lamborghini is still a Lamborghini and a Porsche, as good as it may be, it will never have the WOW factor, unless you live in Africa.
Switzer is (for me) the one tuner to look into tuning your 997 Turbo. A P800 997 Turbo might disturb a Veyron and it costs less. And it's liveable day by day.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
As a person once said (and this is the best description I've heard to-date on describing a lambo)..." a lamborghini is a freak show on wheels".

Edwin

Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
/\/\5POWER is infamous around these parts
I would get the TT Ghini

Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Lol, I am having the same problem. I am looking at a Gallardo or a 997.1TT, I love the looks of the Gallardo more, but it will be awhile till I will do a turbo kit. The 997TT will be faster but I love the Gallardo.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:17 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
As a person once said (and this is the best description I've heard to-date on describing a lambo)..." a lamborghini is a freak show on wheels".

Edwin
I actually refer to it as a "circus". When "non" car people see the Lambo it just makes them smile...it's like you made their day! Always positive comments and tons of pictures.
The Turbo on the other hans blends in much more. It will never sound as good or have that "exotic" feeling in comparison but it is definitely a more practical car to live with on a daily basis.
Performance value, the Turbo is tough to beat...tough call!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PCJR
I actually refer to it as a "circus". When "non" car people see the Lambo it just makes them smile...it's like you made their day! Always positive comments and tons of pictures.
The Turbo on the other hans blends in much more. It will never sound as good or have that "exotic" feeling in comparison but it is definitely a more practical car to live with on a daily basis.
Performance value, the Turbo is tough to beat...tough call!
says the guys who owns both...
I'd take his words to heart!

Personally, its exotics over function for me!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Lambo, if it is not going to be a daily driver.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Fugazi is infamous around these partsFugazi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AMGJax
Just looking for some opinions from you guys. The 07 turbos are coming down in price and it makes for an interesting option vs. going the 04 Gallardo plus bolt on TT kit route ($79K+$35K=650 WHP). What is the cost of an ECU flash and exhaust and what kind of WHP and 1/4 mile trap speed does it yield compared to the basic turbo Gallardo kits (around 10.7@137 MPH traps in the 1/4)?

Any other thoughts on the ownership experience of either, etc. are appreciated.
You are correct the prices have dropped i just got a 07-997tt and all i can say is why did i wait SOOoo long. You can modd a 997.1 and get faster than(10.70@137)just search this fourm!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I'll throw in my 2 cents...

IMO without question the Lambo has more star power. If that's most important I'd go that route.

You mentioned speed/performance is critical too. I'd continue to do some searching here. There a several cases of folks who have nothing more than a tune and exhaust who achieved 10 second qtr mile times in a 997 turbo. IMO, that's outstanding performance/cost ratio...couple that with reliability and much lower cost of ownership and the turbo is tough to beat.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
LOL...just noticed how old this thread was.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PSTT07
I'll throw in my 2 cents...

IMO without question the Lambo has more star power. If that's most important I'd go that route.

You mentioned speed/performance is critical too. I'd continue to do some searching here. There a several cases of folks who have nothing more than a tune and exhaust who achieved 10 second qtr mile times in a 997 turbo. IMO, that's outstanding performance/cost ratio...couple that with reliability and much lower cost of ownership and the turbo is tough to beat.
I thought 997.2 pdk turbos run high 10s stock?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I do believe the 997.2, especially the S, is capable of high 10s stock.

The original post stated 997.1, which is what I was commenting on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 ECU+Exhaust or 04 Gallardo TT?