997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

For those flashed w/ occasional post cat CEL's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
For those flashed w/ occasional post cat CEL's

Ive had a few CEL's lately with 18k on the odo, most of miles with the EVOMS flash and Cargraphic exhaust. CEL was post cat, rich condition code, one bank or the other.

Could be many variables of course, most assume the cats are bad but having swapped the plugs out for new ones the CEL has not shown its face since.

So before your curse your exhaust manufacturer, or install the CEL eliminators might want to check your plugs, if flashed swap at 20k vs. what the manual tells ya.

I will report back if anything changes but so far so good, car runs much better also in the higher gears with plugs changed.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:09 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Did the plugs look bad? What plugs were you using and what plugs did you install?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Stock plugs replaced with stock, gapped per tuner recommendation. Did not inspect, dealer failed to return them even though I asked.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Whenever the full fuel charge isn't burned, you'll get that code. Almost always plugs, they simply can't burn the charge completely. Nothing to do with the cats at all, flash just accentuates the problem imo.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
My car just has been throwing that code for the last 1K miles or so. No flash, only exhaust with 200 cell cats. Only 14,xxx on the odo. I can't imagine the plugs have gone bad already

Old 10-04-2010, 06:03 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Changing plugs did not help

Changed my plugs and still got CEL (error 420 / 430). My fix was to add a mini cat bung extension. Clever invention and it really works.

http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html

Old 10-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by bonehead
My car just has been throwing that code for the last 1K miles or so. No flash, only exhaust with 200 cell cats. Only 14,xxx on the odo. I can't imagine the plugs have gone bad already
Your plugs are probably fine if not flashed.