997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New TIP record - 60-130mph in 5.34sec !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
When comparing cars with equal power (6 speed vs Tip), the automatics will Always be faster.
Yes, if the auto has ~10%-13% more crank hsp to be equal on wheel horsepower.

Also, people that really know their 6speed can shift almost as a fast as a tip getting their boost back VERY quickly...

Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
When comparing cars with equal power (6 speed vs Tip), the automatics will Always be faster.
Todd this is the first time that I am hearing this on this forum! There are a lot of threads on the 996tt section where people are saying that manuals are faster.

But i know this, there are a lot of drivers who don't know to shift properly

Last edited by alex55; 10-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:40 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bad107

Also, people that really know their 6speed can shift almost as a fast as a tip getting their boost back VERY quickly...
Nope, not necessarily. I beat 6speed 18g cars with my 16g's.

Yes, this can be true but it's all about losing boost. And when you lose boost, you lose at least a half a car length.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex55
Todd this is the first time that I am hearing this on this forum! There are a lot of threads on the 996tt section where people are saying that manuals are faster.

But i know this, there are a lot of drivers who don't know to shift properly
Alex, do you know of a 6speed 16g car with a faster 60-130 than 6.33 or a 6 speed 16g car with a faster 1/4 mile time than 10.70?

Old 10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Boostedbmw is infamous around these parts
wow so sick

Old 10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Wow! That's MOVING for an automatic car. Very tough to beat your setup on the street. Any 0-60's or 1/4 mile times?
Not yet, i will do some 1/4 mile and 0-60mph tests soon.

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by milou
Amazing results Emre, Was that top speed achieved on stock gearing? Which kit are you running with? I remember a while back you were on a research for an oil cooler, have you created one?
Thanks milou,

Top speed achieved with stock gearing + raised rev limiter.

I finished building my transmission oil cooler kit and it is installed on the car.

Its very effective after 120km/h. But dont expect much cooling below that speed.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
R911 kit with G30s ??? How is the lag ??? I hear you dynoed 775-800 whp on TIPS ???

That car should run 9s for sure...
Yes, i have R911 kit with G30 turbos. It is slightly laggier then the VTG setups.

Not so much different. Definately drivable on street.

Haven't done any 1/4 mile and 1 mile test yet.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Thanks milou,

Top speed achieved with stock gearing + raised rev limiter.

I finished building my transmission oil cooler kit and it is installed on the car.

Its very effective after 120km/h. But dont expect much cooling below that speed.
Thank you for the info, where can i get an oil cooler kit from?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by milou
Thank you for the info, where can i get an oil cooler kit from?
I can build the kit for you, please PM me your mail address.

Regards
Emre

Old 10-06-2010, 05:36 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
WhiteKnight
congrats big bro never go wrong with switzer
[QUOTE]
Quote:

Also, people that really know their 6speed can shift almost as a fast as a tip getting their boost back VERY quickly.../QUOTE]
i was about to jump into the subject and with all do respect to the thread and the owner of the thread but thats a thing that have to be clarified based on what vividracing is saying
800hp package on tiptronic should be faster than 800hp package on 6speed ??
guys m i reading it right ???
based on allot of expert tuners and allot of experience
i know thats the stock tiptronic cars and pdk gears saves shifting time and keeping boost reduction low
but on the other hand if you want do dyno the both cars you'll see more Hp from the manual gearbox
and in the street as well you'll find the manual car preform better
thats EXPERIMENTED

Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Off the line TipS are faster...rolling start probably 6 speed...

Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Congrats!!

That is an outstanding run!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Milou,

Here is the realtime datalogging system that i installed on the car. I check the gearbox temperatures with this.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
that is moving...congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New TIP record - 60-130mph in 5.34sec !