997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tuning and the Real Facts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010 | 08:19 PM
|
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Tuning and the Real Facts

Hello All,

I thought that I would start a thread if there was interest in it. This thread would be for all to ask questions that are not considered trade secrets in tuning. Many of you may not know that Softronic makes tunes for many companies. You may not find our name specifically listed yet many of the tunes listed on this site and others are made by us . While we make a file the difference is the work of the tuner selling the flash with their hardware. While Softronic can make the best flash it is only complimented with the hardware installed. Basically it is a team situation of software and hardware making the difference you all judge by times and HP.

I would like to offer a specific time per day or week that I could respond to questions. The answers would be factual and not mine is better than yours etc. I will be showing code etc to back all posts unless considered proprietary. This would be on the same lines that I post for the PCA and Porsche.

So who is interested and any thoughts on this so we can get this going and end all the misinformation? Should it also be a multi level thread so that answers could be given for all Porsche cars? 996,987,997 etc?

This I believe would be a first from an actual programmer and not a Janitor by day and then Guru by night posting on a site.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 10-05-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2010 | 08:52 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
Great topic!

For the 997.2 Turbo S have you developed a specific program for the car or is it the same as the standard 997.2 PDK? What would the gain be on a stock TTS?

Old 10-05-2010 | 09:10 PM
|
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Ok we have a first response so lets get this going.... Lets get more input and make it what you all want the facts and perhaps something more? The first question may be why is Softronic posting this? Or why should we trust or listen to you?

Last edited by Softronic; 10-05-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2010 | 09:23 PM
chaud is infamous around these parts
This should be a very interesting thread! Hopefully everyone will be able to learn a ton.

So, I have a question then:

What parameters are able to be tuned, and what are the limiting factors in tuning ability with the Bosch 7.2 DME?

And while I'm not sure the direction of this thread and where it will go (specific tuning questions per car basis, vs. tuner/vs/tuner comparisons, etc), I would be interested in knowing what parameters Softronic takes into account in tuning, compared to EvomsIT, FVD, Revo, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-05-2010 | 09:30 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Why? Cause Scott your a good guy And you truly want to help people and educate them from all the hear say bs.

Old 10-05-2010 | 10:35 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I hope you're serious about this because I'm sure you have much to offer and this could become a very interesting thread. Here's a question for you--there are people on here with a basically an exahaust upgrade and ecu tune (and maybe some supporting mods, like wheels, air intake) that seem to produce equal if not more tq/hp than tunes with upgraded vtgs, at least judging by their 60-130 times. Their claim is upgraded vtgs are not needed for this speed range. It would be great to hear your thoughts on this. TIA.

Old 10-05-2010 | 10:51 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
There is a thread about Technical data on "flashes" and data logs that would be interesting to discuss. Primarily the ignition angle at full throttle from some of these data logs.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...629-post1.html

Last edited by L8Apex; 10-05-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2010 | 11:49 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Or why should we trust or listen to you?
Scott, I know I can't speak for everyone, but I believe most of us trust you and all of us will listen to you. Even the tuners out there will probably listen to what you have to say just on the oft chance they may pick up on something.

This should be a great learning experience for most of us, no matter who's tune we may individually have.

You have my sincere thanks for taking the time to enlighten us. In my case you have to speak slowly and use little words...and draw lots of pictures.

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:09 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Softronic
Ok we have a first response so lets get this going.... Lets get more input and make it what you all want the facts and perhaps something more? The first question may be why is Softronic posting this? Or why should we trust or listen to you?
interesting ..

Old 10-06-2010 | 12:33 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
What a pleasant surprise!
I am very happy you decided to do something like this.
This thread should be an educational experience for many of us.

Rumours, half truths and outright propaganda are spread around as if they were the gospel truth.
What you are offering to do under this thread is a unique opportunity to clear up some of the unintended misinformation and deliberate disinformation.

Some of the questions raised on this thread will probably be of a controversial nature.
I truly hope that this thread does not get side tracked as a result.
It would be a real shame if this opportunity gets derailed.

Also, I would like to request that this thread becomes a sticky. It will be easier for everyone to locate.

So then, I will ask the questions that you wanted asked to start the ball rolling:

1- Why have you decided to do this Scott?
2- Why should we trust or listen to you?

And, although I know the answer to this, but for the benefit of those who don't, and to establish this very early on and put it to bed, could you please provide us with your credentials with respect to the Porsche tuning industry that allow you to speak with such authority?

Old 10-06-2010 | 05:10 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
what a classy thing from a tuner offers help directly to all clients and costumers
keep it up bro
best of luck

Old 10-06-2010 | 05:14 AM
John8809 is infamous around these parts
I think this will be a great thread. I purchased a 07 turbo in April and have been thinking of some mods. I would be interested in what parameters are changed, how it relates to the factory settings and what risks come with the changes. Thanks, I look forward to the responses.

Old 10-06-2010 | 05:36 AM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
Thanks Scott, please everyone let's keep to topic and not turn this into a closed thread. NO, WHO'S BETTER JUST A OPEN Q&A!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2010 | 05:53 AM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by arone997tt
thanks scott, please everyone let's keep to topic and not turn this into a closed thread. No, who's better just a open q&a!!!!!!!!
well said +1

Old 10-06-2010 | 06:17 AM
|
Basic Sponsor
Hello all,

I just thought I would check on the thread this mourning and it looks like we have interest in it. This thread will not be in any way mine is better than yours or made to judge one tuning method to another etc. I will only be offering some knowledge to those who want it. I will also not give specific answers that may harm any tuner or the industry. Basically I wouldn't post how to access the DFI via the OBD2 port for programming yet I would discuss what is read or written etc.

Lets not get into posting debates in trying to get the thread closed. I will not always be able to post binary or state a specific as per my above statement.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tuning and the Real Facts