997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Interesting hood, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:07 PM
jastx is infamous around these parts
Interesting hood, what do you think?

Been looking at Turbos lately. I like this car. It's different and nice enough I had to mention it. No affiliation, just a nice Turbo.

Nice Midnight or maybe Lapis Blue with Stone Gray interior, Adaptive Sport Seats, Sport Chrono, leather center console, carbon fiber package. Yellow seatbelts. At first I wondered why yellow belts but they tie in perfectly with the yellow PCCB calipers. The turbo wheels are painted body color except for the faces.

This car also has an interesting aftermarket hood I have never seen before that pays homage to the previous generations of 911 with the hood vent. It is very nicely done. Instead of being a wind block, the wind flows through it and up over the windshield. What do you think about it?

I like cars that are a little different from what you generally see (my Arctic Silver 997 would not have been my first choice for exterior but when you buy used a number of factors come into play. At least my Sea Blue interior is uncommon.) I generally prefer other interior colors over the Stone Gray of this car but the combination of the colors, the options, the seatbelts and PCCB's make it a striking, elegant package. Definitely one you don't see everyday.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-07-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
It's funny you posted this, because just yesterday I was thinking to myself how nice that hood vent looked on the older models.

Not sure if it works (looks right) or not with the new one... but it's pretty cool.

After looking at all the pics, I like it... that's actually one very pretty 997.

Last edited by DrVolkl; 10-07-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
Masts I believe I drove this car around the block a dew weeks back (yes, very easy test drive just to see how the sport shifter felt). I had the same interest you did in the hood. Def aftermarket. Looks great but the scoop served no purpose. Just cosmetic so if you like it go for it. Car in general drove nice and looked amazing. Wheels with blue highlights were a nice touch.

Only reason I didn't get it is I have my heart set on owning a black turbo. Besides that it's a nice car, options well and in great cosmetic shape.

Be sure to run the DME check and do a PPI. If all checks out pull the trigger.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
xyzzy is infamous around these parts
I'm actually going to be pulling the trigger on one of 3 im currently looking at, and this is one of them!

Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I'd put it on my car.

Ken

Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
That's a good looking car and I like the looks of the hood. Wish I could see it in person to really see how the hood would work on my car (black).

Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
(lots of typos, mid flight, on my phone)...Have to say hood looked nice in person. Have to look close to see the vent doesn't scoop air and is for show, but reminds me of older and classic 911's. I am a huge fan of every scoop serving a purpose, but regardless it would look great in black.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:19 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
So where did this hood come from?? Is it a one off? Looks like some sort of carbon-kevlar build.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this before.

Old 10-08-2010, 03:35 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
So where did this hood come from?? Is it a one off? Looks like some sort of carbon-kevlar build.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this before.
Gemballa makes them but it's $3500. If you are looking for cheaper option you can find replica ones in ebay, but the fitment is not the best. I have one on my car and I would rate it 7 out of 10.

Abdullah