997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

$8100 for 3/36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John in Norcal
You may be right. I'll call Jerry tomorrow and ask him what my cost would be if I had lower miles. Thanks.
John - you might also call Paul Medina at Rector - he's a stand up guy and seems to have good warranty prices - great porsche guy as well.

Also - I didn't see it mentioned that these warranties are usually pro-rated - if you sell the car before the warranty expires you can transfer it to the new owner _or_ get the unused amount ($$) refunded to you (the original buyer).

Old 05-27-2011, 07:45 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 997xpress
John - you might also call Paul Medina at Rector - he's a stand up guy and seems to have good warranty prices - great porsche guy as well.

Also - I didn't see it mentioned that these warranties are usually pro-rated - if you sell the car before the warranty expires you can transfer it to the new owner _or_ get the unused amount ($$) refunded to you (the original buyer).
Yes, that's right. You get a linear pro-rated refund on the unused portion - $25 processing fee if you cancel before the warranty expires.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:27 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Good tips guys. Is there any benefit to immediately getting the coverage upon purchase vs. waiting a month or two to shop around? I just put down a deposit on a car today.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I got an easy-care warranty in 2006 for 7 years and up to 60K miles. My car is covered till 2013! I paid $1800 and they have covered very common issue these cars have with $100 deduct.

Clutch Accumulator
New Hydraulic Wing Actuators
Ignition Switch

Cat's meow in my book. Very easy to deal with. I would do business with them again in an instant.

Resale value alone is worth it if you don't use it.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by arash
Good tips guys. Is there any benefit to immediately getting the coverage upon purchase vs. waiting a month or two to shop around?
I bought a 4yr/48K $100 ded warranty today for $3247 from my local P-dealer. My car has 11K miles. 997tturbo paid less for a 6yr/60K warranty because his car had 4K miles. Cayenne-TT also paid less for a 7yr/70K warranty because his car had 6K miles. The dealer told me the price of the warranty is based strictly on miles. The price difference seems to be huge even with a few K miles difference. Buy your warranty ASAP before you rack up more miles.

Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
I shopped around and found that the easier deals were from non-Porsche dealers. But in the end, I got a Fidelity Platinum for $3,000 with a zero deductible for 7 years or 70k miles from the finance manager at Greenville Porsche in SC. The guy's name was Sid. He was very easy to work with. I did everything via phone within a conversatipn lasting no more than 10 minutes.
How many miles was on your car when you bought your warranty?

Old 05-28-2011, 01:21 AM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
John in Norcal: Good job doing your research and buying it now when miles are still low. I believe these warranties are a must...takes away the worries of having to shell out big bucks if something goes wrong. It's still alot of money but definitely worth it. BTW, I like your white Turbo with the black wheels, very sporty. Mine is GT Silver with the stock polished 19" rims, thinking of putting H&R spacers on the wheels, 5mm front and 15mm on rear...

Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by 997TTurbo
John in Norcal: Good job doing your research and buying it now when miles are still low. I believe these warranties are a must...takes away the worries of having to shell out big bucks if something goes wrong. It's still alot of money but definitely worth it. BTW, I like your white Turbo with the black wheels, very sporty. Mine is GT Silver with the stock polished 19" rims, thinking of putting H&R spacers on the wheels, 5mm front and 15mm on rear...
Thanks for your feedback on the warranty. I'm glad I bought one.

My car has H&R spacers, 7mm front and 15mm rear with stock wheels. Wheels sit flush with fenders. Would look even better lowered but my sloped driveway has me hesitant to lower the car.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
v-train is infamous around these parts
Would any of these warranties cover a car that has aftermarket mods such as coilover suspension, exhaust, headers? Do they inspect the car before signing off on the extended warranty?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:13 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by gradyex
I just purchased a Platinum Fidelity warranty last week 3yrs/36K for $2680 with $100 dollars deductable. Easy Care quoted me $5100 for the same coverage. I have an 07 TT with about six months left on the factory warranty. My odometer just hit 25K yesterday. Thats the magic number. Anything over 25K miles and the price doubles for the same policy! Thats why I didn't wait any longer. Shop around. These are the only 2 companies that I would even consider because they are both very reputable and work directly with almost all Porsche dealerships in the USA. Also, you can up the deductable and save even more $$. For me your buying peace of mind. Good luck.
I got an Easy Care when I purchased my turbo new for $2500. Best $2500 ever. These cars are just too expensive to fix and all I have talked to (i.e., techs, owners) highly recommend an after market warranty before or once the factory expires. Even since my fact-warr has expired, have used it for a starter, mass airsensors & 02 sensor all for around $5000. Also got a blow out that was covered for a rear tire which was another $500. Just before Easy care coverage expires next year, my 997.1 is history. With a Honda maybe wste to get an aftermkt warranty but not with these Porsches, they are sensitive to problems and expensive beasts to fix. Just be sure warr-co has a good history of paying....there are some out there that are real losers.

Last edited by johnww; 06-30-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:45 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I just purchased a 2010 TT with 12,400 miles and I paid $4500 for a 4/80000 with a $500 deductible. Did I get ripped off?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
I just purchased a 2010 TT with 12,400 miles and I paid $4500 for a 4/80000 with a $500 deductible. Did I get ripped off?
Yep, always check with 6speed first

Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Put the 8k in the bank and forget about it. You're banking on a major (>10k) failure that will likely never happen. Aftermarket warranties, regardless the product are always a ripoff.
You'll get +90% agreement with EP1 but <15% agreeing that aftermkt warranties "regardless of pdt are always a ripoff." )

Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Hi Guys,
Looking at a '05 TTS, 19,600 miles. Dealer (not Porsche) is offering Safe Drive w/ 6yr/60K for $3950 + $250 ded. Or Select Protective 4yr/48K for $4408 + $100 ded.
Any thoughts of these two options here in Orange County CA? Thanks.