997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

$8100 for 3/36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
ZedOddSix is infamous around these parts
$8100 for 3/36

Went to dealer today and this is what I was quoted for a fidelity full coverage warranty. Dealer also said I couldn't get a CPO because that is only offered at time of purchase. Any thoughts, experience or advice out there? Thanks

Old 10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Try EasyCare...should be about half that cost

Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Put the 8k in the bank and forget about it. You're banking on a major (>10k) failure that will likely never happen. Aftermarket warranties, regardless the product are always a ripoff.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
I just purchased a Platinum Fidelity warranty last week 3yrs/36K for $2680 with $100 dollars deductable. Easy Care quoted me $5100 for the same coverage. I have an 07 TT with about six months left on the factory warranty. My odometer just hit 25K yesterday. Thats the magic number. Anything over 25K miles and the price doubles for the same policy! Thats why I didn't wait any longer. Shop around. These are the only 2 companies that I would even consider because they are both very reputable and work directly with almost all Porsche dealerships in the USA. Also, you can up the deductable and save even more $$. For me your buying peace of mind. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Using ownership of my last 4 modern Porsches as any indication, I wouldn't pay more than 2000 for a 3yr 36mo. At 5-10k for a warranty, you would maybe come out even if your transmission or engine fails, otherwise, you are losing. AND if something does fail, expect a battle. When I looked at Fidelity for my previous car, the dealership told me to skip it because my car was modified and they send a representative to review all major claims. They also had a cap on the amount per claim, which made the warranty useless for that potential catastrophic failure.

In the realm of high performance sports cars, these things are "bulletproof." The cost is in fuel, oil, tires, brakes, insurance, and modifications.

I would put the cash in a rainy day trading account or CD and leave it there until the car is gone.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gradyex
I just purchased a Platinum Fidelity warranty last week 3yrs/36K for $2680 with $100 dollars deductable. Easy Care quoted me $5100 for the same coverage. I have an 07 TT with about six months left on the factory warranty. My odometer just hit 25K yesterday. Thats the magic number. Anything over 25K miles and the price doubles for the same policy! Thats why I didn't wait any longer. Shop around. These are the only 2 companies that I would even consider because they are both very reputable and work directly with almost all Porsche dealerships in the USA. Also, you can up the deductable and save even more $$. For me your buying peace of mind. Good luck.
Reviving an old thread. Looking at extended warranties. Can you tell me which Bay Area dealership offered you a 3yr/36K Fidelity Platinum warranty for $2680? Thanks!

Old 05-25-2011, 08:24 AM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
I purchased a Platinum Fidelity warranty in December, 2010 from Pacific Porsche in Torrance, CA for $2591 and it is for 6yr/60K miles. My car is a 2007 Turbo and it only had 4607 miles on it when I purchased the warranty. Ask for Christine Takla, 310-891-2100. I shopped around and she had the best price. Prices are based on year and mileage, the more mileage, the higher the cost. You might be able to do it over the phone. Good luck. Tell her Gary from Orange County says hello

Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 AM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 997TTurbo
I purchased a Platinum Fidelity warranty in December, 2010 from Pacific Porsche in Torrance, CA for $2591 and it is for 6yr/60K miles. My car is a 2007 Turbo and it only had 4607 miles on it when I purchased the warranty. Ask for Christine Takla, 310-891-2100. I shopped around and she had the best price. Prices are based on year and mileage, the more mileage, the higher the cost. You might be able to do it over the phone. Good luck. Tell her Gary from Orange County says hello
That seems like a great deal. Did you opt for the $100 or $250 deductible? Did you still have factory warranty remaining when you purchased the Fidelity?

I received a quote from my local P-dealer for Fidelity Platinum and 6yr/60K is $4613 for $250 ded and $3708 for $100 ded, quite a bit more than what you paid. My car is an 07 with 11K miles but factory warranty has recently expired.

I'll call Christine to get a quote. Thanks!

Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 AM
997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold997TTurbo is a splendid one to behold
My car was still under factory warranty when I purchased the warranty. Have $100 deductible. I believe it does make a difference in price if car is outside of warranty. The fact that you only have 11K miles will help you since the lower the miles, the cheaper the rates. I would get the warrranty now with the low miles on the car. Peace of mind and great resale asset if you later wanted to sell the car. These cars are expensive to repair if something goes wrong. A friend of mine didn't bother with a warrranty and he spent close to 2K to fix his rear spoiler which stopped going up automatically as well as not going up with the manual button

Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Its a hard call on a car like this but 8K is a lot of chaff for a warranty.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by 997TTurbo
My car was still under factory warranty when I purchased the warranty. Have $100 deductible. I believe it does make a difference in price if car is outside of warranty. The fact that you only have 11K miles will help you since the lower the miles, the cheaper the rates. I would get the warrranty now with the low miles on the car. Peace of mind and great resale asset if you later wanted to sell the car. These cars are expensive to repair if something goes wrong. A friend of mine didn't bother with a warrranty and he spent close to 2K to fix his rear spoiler which stopped going up automatically as well as not going up with the manual button
With $100 ded, you got an incredible deal on the warranty. I called Christine at Pacific Porsche and she gave me a quote nowhere near what you paid. In fact, her quote was slightly higher than what my local P-dealer quoted. I think I will go ahead and buy the warranty for peace of mind.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM
cayenne-tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John in Norcal
With $100 ded, you got an incredible deal on the warranty. I called Christine at Pacific Porsche and she gave me a quote nowhere near what you paid. In fact, her quote was slightly higher than what my local P-dealer quoted. I think I will go ahead and buy the warranty for peace of mind.

My 2007 997 TT had 6,xxx miles when I got Fidelity Platinum 7yr/70miles, $100 ded for $2958 from Jerry at Stevens Creek Porsche.

Jerry told me the pricing is very heavily based on mileage. I think it helped that I service my cars there regularly. But I would definitely get the warranty for piece of mind.

My cayenne warranty paid for itself and more!

Old 05-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne-tt
My 2007 997 TT had 6,xxx miles when I got Fidelity Platinum 7yr/70miles, $100 ded for $2958 from Jerry at Stevens Creek Porsche.

Jerry told me the pricing is very heavily based on mileage. I think it helped that I service my cars there regularly. But I would definitely get the warranty for piece of mind.

My cayenne warranty paid for itself and more!
When did you get your warranty from Jerry? I'm talking to Jerry as well. I don't want to spend much beyond $3K for an extended warranty. The best he could do near that number was 4yr/48K $100 ded for $3247, nothing close to the deals that you guys received. It's hard to believe that my car having 5K more miles would account for such a big price difference on the warranty.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 PM
cayenne-tt is infamous around these parts
I got mine a couple of months ago...

I think the warranty prices jump quite a bit when you have higher miles. It sounds like the prices are stepped based on mileage groups (ie. 4k -7k, 7k-10k, 10k-15k.. These are just my guesses for the ranges for the mileage steps).

The prices could jump quite a bit between each group. So your car could be 2 price brackets higher with only marginally more miles... This is just my speculation from what I've gathered from various ppl quoting the Fidelity warranties...

Last edited by cayenne-tt; 05-26-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by cayenne-tt
I got mine a couple of months ago...

I think the warranty prices jump quite a bit when you have higher miles. It sounds like the prices are stepped based on mileage groups (ie. 4k -7k, 7k-10k, 10k-15k.. These are just my guesses for the ranges for the mileage steps).

The prices could jump quite a bit between each group. So your car could be 2 price brackets higher with only marginally more miles... This is just my speculation from what I've gathered from various ppl quoting the Fidelity warranties...
You may be right. I'll call Jerry tomorrow and ask him what my cost would be if I had lower miles. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $8100 for 3/36