997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fabspeed tips color choice for Arctic Silver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:53 AM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed tips color choice for Arctic Silver

Guys,

I'm trying to decide on which color exhaust tip to get. I have an Arctic Silver and I'm leaning towards the black chromed tips, but I'm not a fan of black chrome. My next thing are wheels, and those are for sure matte, whatever black or dark charcoal I pick.

Should I match the wheels to the tips or that's not like shoes and belt.

TIA!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
You answered your'e own ? def match wheels to tips i started with chrome & hated it till i switched to black & i did ceramic coat instead of powdercoat so far so good.

Attached Images   
Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Slate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant futureSlate997TT has a brilliant future
Black

Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
The only problem with fabspeed is that they only offer chrome black. Does that mean that I have to powder coat them before I put them on?

Can I powder coat on top of chrome?

Old 11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
I suggest you ceramic coat. And you can do that on top of any finish. Or do a dyi with 2000F spray paint, and bake in the oven at home... do a search I recently did and there are several threads... I figured that explaining why 4 exhaust tips are in the oven, and the funny smell wasnt worth it compared to the 100 bucks for ceramic coating!!

Old 11-07-2010, 04:09 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Oh and I didnt say - go with black I think the pictures of twturbo speak for themselves. I like the belt shoes analogy, right on the money.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
You answered your'e own ? def match wheels to tips i started with chrome & hated it till i switched to black & i did ceramic coat instead of powdercoat so far so good.
WOW, that is exactly what I have in mind! I look at your car and It's exactly how I want mine to look.

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by dianic
I suggest you ceramic coat. And you can do that on top of any finish. Or do a dyi with 2000F spray paint, and bake in the oven at home... do a search I recently did and there are several threads... I figured that explaining why 4 exhaust tips are in the oven, and the funny smell wasnt worth it compared to the 100 bucks for ceramic coating!!

LOL, I can only picture the wife's eyes when she gets home and sees that in the oven.

Actually scratch that, I dont even want to picture it.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by dianic
Oh and I didnt say - go with black I think the pictures of twturbo speak for themselves. I like the belt shoes analogy, right on the money.
Better than shirt and socks huh?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:02 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
I have black chrome fabspeed tips on my arctic tt with a set of matte black gt3 wheels. I love the look with my tinted tails and black turbo badge.

btw I also have an extra set of black fabspeed tips if anyone is interested

Attached Images    

Last edited by dinorocz; 11-08-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I have black chrome fabspeed tips on my arctic tt with a set of matte black gt3 wheels. I love the look with my tinted tails and black turbo badge.

btw I also have an extra set of black fabspeed tips if anyone is interested

I am very much interested, please PM me!

Thanks.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
I am very much interested, please PM me!

Thanks.
pm sent

Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
I Personally love the black chrome, it looks more aggressive and just has a more distinctive appearance, but it all depends on the color of the car and other things. You can get them Ceramic coated, just make sure the coating is done properly so it doesn't chip off or anything since our Chrome tips are Hard Chrome plated.
Thanks,

Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Alex,

Thanks so much for your reply.
Could you please check your email? I just sent you one.

Thanks.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Alex,

Thanks so much for your reply.
Could you please check your email? I just sent you one.

Thanks.

I sent you an email with the pics of the tips, didnt hear back from you, did you get that email?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed tips color choice for Arctic Silver