997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone live near Wall, NJ, who can go take a look at a car for me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:02 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone live near Wall, NJ, who can go take a look at a car for me?

Anyone here who can go check out a car in NJ for me? 997TT.Would like a over-rev readout and check frame and general condition.Many thanks for reading/your consideration!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Anyone here who can go check out a car in NJ for me? 997TT.Would like a over-rev readout and check frame and general condition.Many thanks for reading/your consideration!
The blue/tan 2007 that's roughly $15-20k below market? It was posted that it's been wrecked:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...turbo-60k.html

Old 11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the link. Still looking for someone who can go take a look at it for me. Pls PM!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
any news on your car that was stolen?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:55 AM
No more new than that it's gone. Will post if something comes from police.Re this 997, I got lucky, the car was at a Porsche dealer for lookup.Overrevs range 1 and 2 normal:1 10202 227 3 354 33-4 is not the regular riding the rev-limiter. Plus more interesting, the range 4 overrev is recorded on hour 1824, and range 1-3 on hour 1828 at various minutes. So it's not one occasion.Assuming average speed of the car is 25-30mph (which is quite normal for mixed profile), including idle time, it's right around the mileage they are selling it now (48-52000 miles). This tells me dealer or auction people had some "fun". Overrevs early in the life time usually don't worry me, if the original owner then drive several hundred hours with the car after. But when it JUST happened, the consequences are yet to be found out. The Porsche dealer also stated they will NOT warrant any engine work on the car.A bumper and radiator replacement don't make me walk away from a good price car, but a recently overrevved turbo engine does.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:59 AM
RE-posting since IE sucks and won't include line breaks in above post, and won't accept changes.No more news than that it's gone. Will post if something comes from police.Re this 997, I got lucky, the car was at a Porsche dealer for lookup.Overrevs range 1 and 2 normal:1 10202 227 3 354 3Range 3-4 is not the regular riding the rev-limiter. Plus more interesting, the range 4 overrev is recorded on hour 1824, and range 1-3 on hour 1828 at various minutes. So it's not one occasion.Assuming average speed of the car in it's lifetime is 25-30mph (which is quite normal for mixed profile), including idle time, it's right around the mileage they are selling it now (48-52000 miles). This tells me dealer might have had some "fun".Overrevs early in the life time usually don't worry me, if the original owner then drive several hundred hours with the car after. But when it JUST happened, the consequences are yet to be found out. The Porsche dealer also stated they will NOT warrant any engine work on the car.A bumper and radiator replacement doesn't make me walk away from a good price car, but a recently overrevved turbo engine does.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Argh. Overrev range1: 1020. Overrev range2: 227. Overrev range3: 35. Overrev range4 3. Did I mention IE blows?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrWhite
Argh. Overrev range1: 1020. Overrev range2: 227. Overrev range3: 35. Overrev range4 3. Did I mention IE blows?
The hour info just tells when the last time the overrev occurred. For example the car may have only had 20 ignitions overrev at hour 1828 and all the rest of them occurred earlier - the "when info" of the prior overrevs you can't get from the DME. This overrev info doesn't look too bad but then again you as the buyer have to get comfortable with it.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:57 AM
The occurance is the point. The car has been overrevved very recently. With 35 and 4 hits in Range3 and Range4 there should have been more if previous owner was doing it to the car as well, so it's been done recently. Range4 is typically in the 8krpm range (Range2 above 7250rpm). Numbers are not too high but there are other cars with competitive pricing so taking one that Porsche straight up says they won't warrant any engine work on is not interesting to me...

Old 11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
agreed mr. white, but all around this car just doesnt seem to have IT. The overrevs are definitely the dealer/auction people beating it up, wait for the right car, plus Im sure that with the insurance taking care of the previous baby, you can settle for a proper 997. Be patient (i know im not, lol) and get the right car for yourself

Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
That is a good friend of mines place selling the car. Definitly the lowest priced 911(997) Turbo around and not for any other reason that he works on Volume... alot of Volume!