997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Race Fuel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 06:12 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Race Fuel

What would be a safe octane to run with my 997.1tt? I have a GIAC tune with a race fuel map and wanted to test out some higher octane this weekend. I plan to mix it 50/50 and see the performance gains.

Locally, there is a oil company that sells vp,sunoco and other oil products and they supply vp by the factory packaged metal drums.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
MS VP 103 or 109. I have been runing 109 in my car for over three years straight. She has not seen a gas station duing that time. i buy the 5 gallon cans

Old 11-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
What would be a safe octane to run with my 997.1tt? I have a GIAC tune with a race fuel map and wanted to test out some higher octane this weekend. I plan to mix it 50/50 and see the performance gains.

Locally, there is a oil company that sells vp,sunoco and other oil products and they supply vp by the factory packaged metal drums.
The programmers at GIAC are fans of the VP MS103.

The timing maps of their race fuel programs are pretty agressive, so be sure to use only pure race gas. We really don't recommend mixing.

Get the tank as low as possible then fill with the race fuel.

Hope that helps.

We are a GIAC dealer if you were unaware...

Old 11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Sunoko GTplus 109 octane is my car's favorite

Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Thoughts on VP 109?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Abby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura aboutAbby997TT has a spectacular aura about
Don't try it! You and your car will get addicted to it and you won't be able to cut it back! JK

Not sure about GIAC tune, but my protomotive tune loves ms109. Don't try to smell the ms109 if you fill it, that thing is really strong, it hurts your nose and will give you headache.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I just called the company and they have both ms109 and streetblaze 100 in factory sealed 5gal drums.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:53 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Abby997TT
Don't try it! You and your car will get addicted to it and you won't be able to cut it back! JK

Not sure about GIAC tune, but my protomotive tune loves ms109. Don't try to smell the ms109 if you fill it, that thing is really strong, it hurts your nose and will give you headache.

My car is STOCK and when I get the chance to swing by Infinion raceway in goes Sunco's 100 octane unleaded. Its not cheap but after 10-20 minutes I do feel a difference in torque/horsepower. Keep in mind I only have access to 91 octane in California. Our cars are tuned at the factory for 93 octane so just a 2 point increase in these turbos makes a difference. Anything over that won't matter much. Now if the computer is flashed....well thats a different story. I wonder if California cars were programed for 91 instead of 93 would that make a difference performance wise?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
I just called the company and they have both ms109 and streetblaze 100 in factory sealed 5gal drums.
Big difference between the two. Stick with the VP 109. The 100 can be purchased from some gas stations.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by gradyex
My car is STOCK and when I get the chance to swing by Infinion raceway in goes Sunco's 100 octane unleaded. Its not cheap but after 10-20 minutes I do feel a difference in torque/horsepower. Keep in mind I only have access to 91 octane in California. Our cars are tuned at the factory for 93 octane so just a 2 point increase in these turbos makes a difference. Anything over that won't matter much. Now if the computer is flashed....well thats a different story. I wonder if California cars were programed for 91 instead of 93 would that make a difference performance wise?
All cars are the same from the factory. The sence the slight difference in octane and make the adjustments you noted.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
MS109 all the way.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
MS109 it is then!

Last edited by PacMan Z; 11-17-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !

Old 11-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa

Nice stash. I go through that much in 6 months.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:07 AM
It looks like you transfer the gas from the steel container to the plastic one before filling. I use a hand pump I purchased from VP Racing that pumps right from the 5 gallon can.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Race Fuel