997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

thoughts on upgrading turbos....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:30 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
I have isntalled my new TPC/PROTOMOTIVE hotsides and couldn't be happier. The car spins 1st and 2nd gear very bad, imust change my PS2 with some semislicks.
I raced a hayabusa from 180 to 300 and beat it! I haven't tried to PBOX the car buti will very soon.
Awesome. What exactly did they do to your turbos? Any adjustments needed to your tune? It must be a good mod if you notice such an improvement over your already modded vtgs.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:04 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, i had the extruded hot sides installed on my 63mm VTGs, yes the ECU was tuned again from Todd, via e-mail. The car was horrible before new tune, the tail goes left and right like a RWD car really big difference. My 0-60 should be very good with some semi slicks. For the moment it spins all 1st and 2nd to the end, all these without brake launch.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:19 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Dude, i had the extruded hot sides installed on my 63mm VTGs, yes the ECU was tuned again from Todd, via e-mail. The car was horrible before new tune, the tail goes left and right like a RWD car really big difference. My 0-60 should be very good with some semi slicks. For the moment it spins all 1st and 2nd to the end, all these without brake launch.
wow, great to hear Milou, I've been eagerly awaiting your report. Can't wait to see some pbox times with the extruded turbos. That was the only change that was made, right? (apart from updating the tune to accommodate the upgraded turbos).

Old 11-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Big H is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Well...its designed to perform its best with 100octane fuel...But will adapt to whatever fuel you use...switch to that and put the best pump you can find...But first read the codes to fix the check engine light...Yes i ve been to xios...a few times...
I totally agree with what your saying. But there are some variables here that need to be considered. Yes you are seeing excellent run times for example 60-130. I wouldn't expect the same numbers between cars in US and Europe with same tune running pump fuel.

I'm not an expert at determining pump fuel octane rating differences. The super at the pump is alot more potent in European countries than whats available in the US. We will see many differences even within the US west 91 vs east coast 93.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
I have isntalled my new TPC/PROTOMOTIVE hotsides and couldn't be happier. The car spins 1st and 2nd gear very bad, imust change my PS2 with some semislicks.
I raced a hayabusa from 180 to 300 and beat it! I haven't tried to PBOX the car buti will very soon.
I told u man

beating a busa from 180kmh still not bad i guess

How many cars u beat the busa until 300kmh?

BTW....Did u race the busa on pump or racegas?

Old 11-26-2010, 07:59 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
I told u man

beating a busa from 180kmh still not bad i guess

How many cars u beat the busa until 300kmh?

BTW....Did u race the busa on pump or racegas?
The busa was stock, it got the jump but i cought it later at aroung 250 after that it dies. Exhaust/ECU on a bike makes huge difference. I PBOXed a busa and ZZR1400 both tops at around 300-305km/h.

While i was racing the busa i passed from a laser gun police checkpoint at over 310km/h i saw the policeman for about half a sec and he was like WTF.
He heard us comming and thought it was just the bike, bikers always run away so the police are used to that. But when he saw the car comming he was shocked. He didn't even try to stop me.
To be honest i was very scared, thank god i made it home in one pice not busted.
Streetracing is stupid but there is no track here. I always say i won't do it again till i hear a new challenge They are building one soon, as i've heard.
I'll post PBOX times soon, i need to finetune it a little more first

Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
The busa was stock, it got the jump but i cought it later at aroung 250 after that it dies. Exhaust/ECU on a bike makes huge difference. I PBOXed a busa and ZZR1400 both tops at around 300-305km/h.

While i was racing the busa i passed from a laser gun police checkpoint at over 310km/h i saw the policeman for about half a sec and he was like WTF.
He heard us comming and thought it was just the bike, bikers always run away so the police are used to that. But when he saw the car comming he was shocked. He didn't even try to stop me.
To be honest i was very scared, thank god i made it home in one pice not busted.
Streetracing is stupid but there is no track here. I always say i won't do it again till i hear a new challenge They are building one soon, as i've heard.
I'll post PBOX times soon, i need to finetune it a little more first
And ur car was on pumpgas or racegas?

The most important thing is that the busa is BEATABLE LOL!!!

Old 11-26-2010, 11:39 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
wow, great to hear Milou, I've been eagerly awaiting your report. Can't wait to see some pbox times with the extruded turbos. That was the only change that was made, right? (apart from updating the tune to accommodate the upgraded turbos).
It seems like the extruded vtg hot sides produces even more tq at low-mid range. My 'standard' upgraded vtgs produces plenty of tq in that range and reponse time to boost is world's better but dies off in the upper end as do most vtgs I've seen so far. It will be interesting to see if any of the new upgraded vtgs can break 6s 60-130.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:17 PM
And ur car was on pumpgas or racegas?

The most important thing is that the busa is BEATABLE LOL!!!
pump 100 oct

Old 11-26-2010, 03:20 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
milou,
can you give us some more impressions of the extrude vs non-extrude? Some of us are dying here waiting for some pbox numbers too!
I'm most interested in the changes below 200km/h

Old 11-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Mike currently has 6 sets apart at the shop... Glad you are happy.

Casey

Old 11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
TTdude and The Bogg

The quickest 6speed 997tt which is ran 60-130 in 6.66sec on pumpgas already has extrude housing for almost a year now

I though u guys already now

Old 11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
TTdude and The Bogg

The quickest 6speed 997tt which is ran 60-130 in 6.66sec on pumpgas already has extrude housing for almost a year now

I though u guys already now
lol, didn't realize that!
Can you tell me all the mods on your car to get that time? PM if you prefer.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by The Bogg
lol, didn't realize that!
Can you tell me all the mods on your car to get that time? PM if you prefer.
It is already posted while ago but here we go

1- TPC/Protomotive modded VTG's
2- Protomotive ECU
3- Protomotive X pipe
4- Protomotive 5' Intercoolers
5- BMC airfilter
6- DV's
7- Aftermarket clutch w/LWFL

Old 11-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Ah, that's right. good stuff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thoughts on upgrading turbos....