997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

It's time for a New Clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
It's time for a New Clutch

Hey Guys, I had a thread up a few months back about my Car Slipping sometimes. Now its real bad and wont even hold the gear anything over 4k with good amount of boost/load on the motor. Its more of a shaking slip now. Real Bad.

Mods: Tubi Race & EVOMsit 600 tune(11,000mi). Is this the main reason why its slipping? Or maybe something else?

Hear a lot about the Sachs Stage 1 & 2, which will better suit my car? I would like to have some room to improve power down the road.... Also any GOOD/HONEST shops around to get the job done? Cost?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:21 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Stock clutch and pressure plate should be able to handle the 600 kit. Sounds like the clutch is just toast. If you're looking to upgrade power in the future, probably should look at the Stage 3 Sachs.
AWD Motorsports and Champion may be good places to check out.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
Stock clutch and pressure plate should be able to handle the 600 kit. Sounds like the clutch is just toast. If you're looking to upgrade power in the future, probably should look at the Stage 3 Sachs.
OK....Im not sure if I wanna get another stock clutch, just afraid of thinking its gunna start slipping again.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:31 PM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Its probably the crazy torque you are getting from the evoms tune. Go with the sachs 2.5 clutch set up AWE offers. Its basically the sachs stage 3 764 pressure plate with a stage 2 disc. It will feel like stock while holding the power. Sach stage 3 will not be easy to drive because of the disc they use is a 6 puck which will give you a on or off feel and be really tough to modulate. If you were to do a light weight flywheel, I would go with the clutch master stage 3. The organic material of the stage 2 discs does not bit well to the aluminum flywheel. Trust me, if you want to keep your stock feel, the only way to go is sachs.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
am preparing my self for a new clutch and m going to buy Carbonetic Triple Carbon Clutch

Old 11-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by QUIK 911
Its probably the crazy torque you are getting from the evoms tune. Go with the sachs 2.5 clutch set up AWE offers. Its basically the sachs stage 3 764 pressure plate with a stage 2 disc. It will feel like stock while holding the power. Sach stage 3 will not be easy to drive because of the disc they use is a 6 puck which will give you a on or off feel and be really tough to modulate. If you were to do a light weight flywheel, I would go with the clutch master stage 3. The organic material of the stage 2 discs does not bit well to the aluminum flywheel. Trust me, if you want to keep your stock feel, the only way to go is sachs.
Sachs it is then....Whats the ballpark figure on getting it all done?

Old 11-21-2010, 10:44 AM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
Sachs it is then....Whats the ballpark figure on getting it all done?
The sachs 2.5 clutch will cost you about $1500 from AWE and the labor can be anywhere from $500-$1200 depending on who you get for the install. Clutch pedal will feel the same but you will feel the initial grab a little more when it engages. Sorry, the stage 3 clutch has a 4 puck disc, that would be really tough to modulate.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
The sachs 2.5 clutch will cost you about $1500 from AWE and the labor can be anywhere from $500-$1200 depending on who you get for the install. Clutch pedal will feel the same but you will feel the initial grab a little more when it engages. Sorry, the stage 3 clutch has a 4 puck disc, that would be really tough to modulate.
Hopefully can report back soon on whether this is true or not
How is the RSS clutch stop working out, Randy? Useful or not?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Hopefully can report back soon on whether this is true or not
How is the RSS clutch stop working out, Randy? Useful or not?
I've had the sachs 2, sachs 2.5 with LWF and now the clutchmasters stage 3 with fiber tough disc. I was happy with the sachs, it just couldn't hold the power. The Clutchmaster works but its not as easy to modulate. The RSS bump stop helps but took time to get use to. Basically I only need to release the pedal 1/2" and it grabs. Everyone always stalls my car the first time they drive it. I guess that's the price you pay for power.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I've had the sachs 2, sachs 2.5 with LWF and now the clutchmasters stage 3 with fiber tough disc. I was happy with the sachs, it just couldn't hold the power. The Clutchmaster works but its not as easy to modulate. The RSS bump stop helps but took time to get use to. Basically I only need to release the pedal 1/2" and it grabs. Everyone always stalls my car the first time they drive it. I guess that's the price you pay for power.
That's part of what I'm afraid of. Was told the SRE Stage 3 clutch RAISES the engagement point compared to stock and it was already high to begin with. Also getting the GT2 slave conversion so the increased pedal effort combined with an altered engagement point will be....interesting. Wonder if I would benefit from the clutch stop?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:32 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Mine could not handle the v580 tune after 8,000m so I had BBI install their recommended clutch setup. It would grab fine in low gears but 3rd and 4th it would slip.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by gmoney
Mine could not handle the v580 tune after 8,000m so I had BBI install their recommended clutch setup. It would grab fine in low gears but 3rd and 4th it would slip.
Hmmm. I believe EVO told me the stockers should be good for around 6-650. Regardless, OP's is slipping. Be it the disc or pressure plate at fault, if he plans on upgrading the power in the future, the stock system has to go.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I'll give a few shops around town a call for pricing...

Whats the most power a Sachs 2.5 can handle?

Old 11-21-2010, 12:57 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
At what point in your power increases did your sachs 2.5 stop being adequate? I presume it did fine with the AWE750R package, right? I see that you have more mods on top of that package.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
At what point in your power increases did your sachs 2.5 stop being adequate? I presume it did fine with the AWE750R package, right? I see that you have more mods on top of that package.
I believe the sachs 2.5 could handle AWE's 750 kit and then some as long as it is matched with the stock flywheel. There are a number of guys on this forum running that setup without a LWF. The organic disc and aluminum flywheel just do not work well together. The sachs stage 3 764 pressure plate has 3600 lbs of clamping force. The clutch master stage three I have now has a 3900 lb clamping force with a duel material disc. I believe the fiber tough on one side of the disc is the best combination with a LWF.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time for a New Clutch