997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Guess what I found on the floor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:16 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gmoney
I actually found fluid on the floor, directly under the engine. However previous times i did not, total mystery where it goes, I asked the dealer to no avail. It's almost comical then you realize your 140k car has a repetitive $250 crappy failing part problem and then it's not so funny. Highly disappointing, the turbo clutch feels like crap on a good day and should be similar to the gt2 setup to begin with.
Didn't Challenger blow up due to a faulty cheap $5 part?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:33 PM
lexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond reputelexart has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Didn't Challenger blow up due to a faulty cheap $5 part?
Not quite. The O-Ring that failed on the Solid Rocket Booster (SRB) is between sections on the booster rocket - hardly a $5 part

Last edited by lexart; 11-27-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:44 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cgng30
Ok I see. I checked my slave cylinder reservoir and its full and dry, but my power steering reservoir is almost dry, when the car is warm, the dip stick has a touch of oil on the tip, no leaks, pedal feels normal, but why is ps reservoir super low, do I have a problem and don't know it?
Quite honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much. I never see consistent levels in the PS system. If you want piece of mind, add a little CHF-11S (most parts stores have it if you ask), but don't add too much.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:33 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Got her back, clutch felt way different in a good way, I roll onto the freeway, mildly accelerating then 'WHOOSH'....after 3 lbs she would not boost. Unreal.

Limped her to the dealer, easy fix, the intake runbber part leading into the plenum was not tight.

They have now replaced both the clutch slave and accumulator so hopefully this will be a permanent fix. The later being evident of a pool of fluid under the engine on the garage floor so if you see that consider getting it into the dealer asap as you have a few hundred miles before the clutch hits the floor one morning.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:30 PM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts
Gmoney, I have had a lot of issues with my clutch too. The thing felt very spongy and didn't engage until the very top of the throw. Finally after a half dozen trips to the dealer (replaced accumulator, clutch slave, etc) they completly replaced the whole clutch assembly (under warranty). I only had 15k miles on it and according to the dealer the old clutch was only 20% worn. The car feels better now but I am still not fond of the way the TT's clutch feels. Its too soft and catches way up at the top 1/3rd of the throw. I prefer the feel of my 2005 997S's.