997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 TTS PCCB to Iron Rotor conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:01 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
997 TTS PCCB to Iron Rotor conversion?

I have my Turbo S on order (December build) and I'm planning my mods so, a couple of questions for People Who Know:

You can replace the PCCB rotors on the 997.2 Turbo S with Brembo iron rotors from Vivid Racing - fronts are 102.9008A and rears are 202.8004A, correct?

What are the correct Pagid RS-29 front and rear pads for this rotor/caliper combo? I thought 2707 for the fronts, but the Cup rotor, which has the same diameter as these Brembo rotors, uses a different Pagid. And 8006 for the rears?

Does Porsche, or anyone else, make a street pad for this rotor/caliper combo? I''ll be swapping to the Pagid Yellows for track days, so the street pads can be true, American-quiet street pads.

Thank you in advance, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by PyroKerry; 11-25-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: correct part #
Old 11-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We do have the street pads as well. It is the same 6piston caliper for the 997.1 or 997.2. If your going to get track pads then go with the RS19 yellow and RS14 black in the rear for more bite. You will love the combo

Old 11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
If you are going to replace the PCCB rotors why buy them in the first place.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
turbo S may come with them standard?

Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
that's correct, they come standard on the S. A bit too pricey for track use.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
that's correct, they come standard on the S. A bit too pricey for track use.
Agree!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I'd run the pccbs until they are toast, then replace.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Change them out for steel Brembo track parts, save the ceramics in a box in your basement.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here are the options for the Brembo Iron Rotors - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...rotors&x=0&y=0

Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Another option to consider is the Stoptech DRK set up for these cars.

We have had a ton of success with these rotors for the entire Porsche model range, we also run them on our World Challenge cars. (same exact rotors we run on the race cars)

As far as pads go for the track, I would highly recommend the Endless pads as we have worked with them over the past year in ALMS and had amazing success.

Feel free to drop me an email for more info.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 PM
jasont is infamous around these parts
Is there a reason not to use the PCCB until they wear out and then switch to Iron? Or, is it just so you can re-install the PCCB when you go to sell the car?

Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
The pure cost of the rotors to replace PCCB is why you should stop using them now and switch to iron. If you dont mind sinking $3500/rotor.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:04 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Fabryce, wondering if you still stand by these comments you made on the 1st page of this thread a few years ago regarding PCCB's and track use. I understand not letting the pads get below 50% is a big key in their longevity

Would be great if you were still seeing positive results with PCCB.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...track-use.html

Old 12-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Fabryce, wondering if you still stand by these comments you made on the 1st page of this thread a few years ago regarding PCCB's and track use. I understand not letting the pads get below 50% is a big key in their longevity

Would be great if you were still seeing positive results with PCCB.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...track-use.html

Absolutely!

When PCCB's are you used correctly they are amazing. Its the "use" that kills them and just like any other consumable item that wears you will eventually need to replace them.

From race cars that are allowed to run them such as European Cup cars, LMP cars or F1 they are serviceable and consumable items.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Old 12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Another option to consider is the Stoptech DRK set up for these cars.

We have had a ton of success with these rotors for the entire Porsche model range, we also run them on our World Challenge cars. (same exact rotors we run on the race cars)

As far as pads go for the track, I would highly recommend the Endless pads as we have worked with them over the past year in ALMS and had amazing success.

Feel free to drop me an email for more info.

Fabryce,
Thank you for the info on the Stoptech rotors. I've already ordered the Brembos, but I'll keep the DRK in mind.

The other mod I'll be making right away is replacing the springs with your GMG WC Sport lowering springs. I like the fact that you took the time and effort to match them to the stock PASM dampers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with the PCCB rotors. I know they are better, and I'd really like to use them for the track. Of course they wear out; everything does. What is comes down to is how often? Can you give me a comparison with iron rotors? I haven't read anyone who has tracked their car extensively enough with both to make this comparison. If you replaced iron rotors once every 20 track days, how often would you be replacing PCCBs?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TTS PCCB to Iron Rotor conversion?