997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dealer Confused About CS2 and Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 07-04-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
Just got back from a test drive of a used 2007 C2S. I'm really in the market for a TT but had the day off and decided to have some fun with it.

Anyhow, the dealer made three points that I didnt think were correct. What do you guys think about these items...
  1. Artic Silver Mettalic TT's - He said there are so many of them on the market that it's brought the price down by 15%. He wouldnt even consider buying a TT in this color because it will soon be worthless.
  2. He claimed that a C2S with a manual transmission will feel faster than a TT with Tiptronic (assuming this is because of the slushbox).
  3. He also said the C2S uses the exact same body as the TT (except the intake ports). I still think the TT has wider haunches over the rear tires so it cant be the exact same.
  4. He said there is absolutely no difference between the 2007 and the 2008 TT's.
Help me out here.
Go to a different dealer.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Artic Silver Mettalic TT's - He said there are so many of them on the market that it's brought the price down by 15%. He wouldnt even consider buying a TT in this color because it will soon be worthless.
LOL. That's my only response.

He claimed that a C2S with a manual transmission will feel faster than a TT with Tiptronic (assuming this is because of the slushbox).
Again, LOL. He's essentially lying or is ignorant...possibly both.

He also said the C2S uses the exact same body as the TT (except the intake ports). I still think the TT has wider haunches over the rear tires so it cant be the exact same.
How does he define "body?" Subframe? Sheet metal?

He said there is absolutely no difference between the 2007 and the 2008 TT's.
There are differences. Look at the parts manual and you will find updated control units, parts, options, etc. There were minor updates, but they are essentially the same car.

Last edited by bbywu; 12-06-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:57 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
He's right and wrong.

Just got back from a test drive of a used 2007 C2S. I'm really in the market for a TT but had the day off and decided to have some fun with it.

Anyhow, the dealer made three points that I didnt think were correct. What do you guys think about these items...
  1. Artic Silver Mettalic TT's - He said there are so many of them on the market that it's brought the price down by 15%. He wouldnt even consider buying a TT in this color because it will soon be worthless. No way he can predict this, but silver is probably the most common color for a TT or any make/model from 2006-2008. Was simply the most popular color, period.
  2. He claimed that a C2S with a manual transmission will feel faster than a TT with Tiptronic (assuming this is because of the slushbox). That's retarded and false.
  3. He also said the C2S uses the exact same body as the TT (except the intake ports). I still think the TT has wider haunches over the rear tires so it cant be the exact same. Absolutely false. TT is a widebody, C2 is not.
  4. He said there is absolutely no difference between the 2007 and the 2008 TT's. This is pretty much true. If there are differences that exist, they are VERY minor.
Help me out here.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
This dealer is an absolute moron, please please please, tell us who it is ??? lol

Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Quantum
+1 million! Dont just walk, RUN!!!

I cant believe these people...

Old 12-06-2010, 02:15 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Well you can give him credit for feeding you a bunch of lies to make a sale! I would either go to a different dealer or find a new sales man thats a bit more knowledgeable about the cars or won't try to rip you off...

Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
I dont think that's a good idea. I may need this dealer for something in the future.
I live in the mid-Atlantic area, would rather know. Not sure what retribution your concerned with, the board is pretty anonomous. Probably just a lousy sales person

Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Quantum
+1. Run quick...

Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Advice...copy and paste what you have written and send it to the owner of the dealership and CC the service manager. Be interesting to see what the response is. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
I would do more research and try another dealer. You can do much of the legwork yourself before going to the dealer, and then negotiate from there. I believe you mentioned in another post you want an 08 tip in White, Blue, or Red w/black interior – with <20k miles and a warranty. So…you have a starting point...look online at the vehicles for sale, generate some price comparisons for similar equipped vehicles and work from there. <o></o>
<o></o>
You mentioned the dealer won’t reply to your questions too… Doesn’t surprise me based on what you posted they told you. I know you are looking for help and this is a great place. The C2S is a great car… but someone selling you on the points that you mentioned is really trying to take advantage of you. <o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>

Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Lots of options out there...I'd probably call the dealer if you are very interested. It's not uncommon to negotiate shipping into deals...these cars move all over frequently. When you get serious there are plenty on here that might be willing to check it out also if they are close to the dealer.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Just a stupid salesmen, the dealer itself I'm sure is decent.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It sounds like you had a salesman who is simply irrational. He makes an observation and draws a conclusion on an invalid argument. Let's go through each --

1) Silver was a very popular color in ALL cars back in 2007 .. just like white gained popularity in 2009. These are classic colors and has NO INFLUENCE on resale.
In fact .. there are some who would only buy a car in red, white , black, or silver .. because they are classic .

2) The normally aspirated engine has no Turbo lag . The throttle response precision is different. The Turbos are also more quiet as the impellar homogenizes the sound .
The salesman may perceive as he wishes .. but perception is not necessarily realty .. and in this case it isn't. The Turbo is faster.

3) I completely do not understand what he means by "the same body". The C2S is a narrow body and Turbo is not only wider but has intake ports and a major areodymanic front and rear bumper differences .

4) 07 Turbo did not have any Cabs . That falsefies his assertion right there before going further.

Conclusion --If the saleman distorts facts and he doesn't even have your money it raises enough red flags . Of course you could discuss the car with technicians but you still have to face the financial transaction and that includes the saleman and in my opinion --it's a dealbreaker .

good luck.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:39 AM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
Call Casey Parkin in one of the above posts. He knows the real deal and will help you out. The saleman you spoke to is a dumb ***.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Mertin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Just a stupid salesmen, the dealer itself I'm sure is decent.
Yes, sales person probably talking without really knowing. He's gotta say things so that the potential buyer thinks he's an expert. Can't just stay silent. It probably works 95% of the time for the Toyota shoppers he was trying to sell to last month. Same tactic with Porsche buyers? Probably works for 25% of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Confused About CS2 and Turbo?