997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

A few daily-driver 997 Turbo Projects @ SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Red face A few daily-driver 997 Turbo Projects @ SharkWerks

We've done our fair share of crazier HP Turbo projects over the years but this past couple of weeks we've set up a good few bolt-on daily-driver sleeper 997TTs. We've got a few to share with you

Let's kick things off with this rare Aqua Blue 2009 997TT showed up for a power-increase in the form of our Stage II kit, comprising of the Tubi Exhaust and the EVOMSit software. Also on tap was the B&M short shifter kit.

In she goes for surgery:

The first phase involves the ECU tuning treatment. Being a local car we calibrated it for a 91 octane EVOMSit program:

With the bumper removed here you can see Tubi Exhaust system being installed. With less back-pressure there is a noticeable reduction in lag:

Over to the interior and out comes the rear main center console and stock shifter housing:

In goes the B&M short throw shifter kit which gives you a more precise feel as well as a shorter throw:

Ready to go home:

This stealthy Atlas grey 997TT is now pushing out approximately 570hp with our Stage II kit, courtesy of the EVOMSit software tuning and a Cargraphic Exhaust with high-flow cats.

Arriving for surgery...

The first step is to remove the factory exhaust system. With the bumper off the factory exhaust can be easily removed and the Cargraphic exhaust is installed:

A close-up:

Heat shields back on...

The ECU is benchflashed and calibrated for 91 octane with the EVOMSit software:

Dual tips installed but otherwise a stock-looking turbo with considerably more power than stock...

Ready to go home...

This brand new black 2010 Turbo S is already quick out of the box but came into us for a a Europipe Exhaust system to address the lackluster factory exhaust note.

On the chopping block...

Off comes the bumper:

Unpacked the exhaust itself is a thing of beauty:

You also get a very nice basket of tools but sadly no Belgian Chocolates! Very handy indeed:

A shot of the factory exhaust:

Side-by-side shot:

On goes the Europipe:

From the belly:

Nice fitment from behind and the factory tips can be re-used. There is also no overhang from the rear either:

Ready to go for a test drive. As you'd expect from Europipe the sound is very unique, clean/crisp and no resonance either. Perfect for this daily driver:

And ready to go home:

This daily-driven local silver 2007 997TT Tiptronic came in for a boost in power with the EVOMSit software, a Tubi street exhaust and headers, the IPD Plenum & GT3 throttle body upgrade.

Here she is ready for a SharkWerks Stage II power make-over. With the bumper off it's time to get the exhaust and headers off:

Some of the goodies on ready to install include the 82MM IPD Plenum with 997GT3 throttle body, the EVOMS BRV kit, Tubi street exhaust and headers:

Off comes the heavy exhaust:

And then it's off with the y-pipe, smaller stock throttle body, heat shields etc:

On goes the Tubi Exhaust with high-flow cats. The part not only flows better with less back pressure but it also weighs about 25 pounds less than stock:

From underneath with the headers installed:

The smaller stock throttle body is removed and the larger 82mm GT3 version installed along with the IPD Plenum kit:

Installing the EVOMSit software for this particular Tiptronic car with a 91-octane calibrated tune.

Ready to go for a test-drive! A sleek-sleeper 997TT that can also run low 11s high 10s in the 1/4mile.

We've also got another black 2008 Tiptronic from SoCal on the chopping block getting a few TechArt goodies as well as the full stage II I think the next time you see a "stock" 997TT in California think twice. It's raining stage IIs

Old 12-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Roadie is infamous around these partsRoadie is infamous around these parts
I am interested in all of those exhausts. Can you give me a brief idea of how they differ? I want a great exhaust for my daily driver that won't make my wife hate riding in my car.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:44 PM
rennteche55 is infamous around these parts
What wheels are on the Blue Turbo?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Turbo city for sure...

Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
i definitely need to switch out my stock anchor... i mean exhaust

Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 PM
onempty is infamous around these parts
Love that blue

Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
GREAT WORK as always, Sharks.

Just wondering what kinda headers are they on the silver .1TT?

Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alan6888hk

Tubi

Ken

Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 AM
MikeWads is infamous around these parts
Great post! Thanks for the photos!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 AM
jasont is infamous around these parts
That blue really is a great color, don't see many of those.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jasont
That blue really is a great color, don't see many of those.
Yes it is! First one I've seen like that... Very brave but it works
Originally Posted by MikeWads
Great post! Thanks for the photos!
You bet... got another sweet one we're doing today with a TechArt Type II front...
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
Tubi

Ken
Champion MS
Originally Posted by alan6888hk

Thanks alan.. those are the Champion MS ones. Sorry I said Tubi
Originally Posted by onempty
Love that blue
Me likey too! I almost got that color for my 09 997S...
Originally Posted by porka
i definitely need to switch out my stock anchor... i mean exhaust
LOL!
Originally Posted by TestJet
Turbo city for sure...
Yep I know.. it's hard to impress ya though... I mean you want GT2RS city don't ya!
Originally Posted by Roadie
I am interested in all of those exhausts. Can you give me a brief idea of how they differ? I want a great exhaust for my daily driver that won't make my wife hate riding in my car.
Sure thing and here goes.... I take it you're referring to the 997.1TT, correct?

The Cargraphic Loud is the loudest of all of them. It has the deepest sound of all too. It's not good for a Tiptronic in terms of drone in my opinion. It's also the hardest to install due to fitment but a lot of people swear by it. It's manufactured in England so it's not pretty to look at. Quite industrial. It does flow well.

Here's a video:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...7TT_166564.htm

For more: http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=101

The most popular one we do is the Tubi. Single cannister design. It's got a higher pitch sound to it and it has less drone than the Cargraphic loud. Overall it's a quieter exhaust. We've used it on many 700s and it flows great. Much prettier to look at.

Here's a video (on a Tip):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3JymX3LS0g

For more: http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=126

The Europipe is for the .2 so it's not really comparable to these but as you'd expect from them it's the most beautifully crafted of the lot. This is their bread and butter and they've been doing it this way for years. Very distinct/unique sound. You really need to hear one to get that... easy to install (they give you extra tools). No drone/resonance at all on the inside so you can use it on a Tip no worries.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
It's manufactured in England so it's not pretty to look at.
LOL, Sharky. Is that a generalization or just referring to the exhaust?

Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
LOL, Sharky. Is that a generalization or just referring to the exhaust?
ROFL... well here's my take having been born there:P Great ideas, innovation... and just poor manufacturing Has to be said... Hence the British Motoring industry has been non-existent since the early 80s. It could have been argued that even then it hadn't changed since the 60s

Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM
PorscheSocieta is infamous around these parts
That Lapis Blue with a set of LEDs on the back would be drool worthy. I wish I had a blue one everytime I see one.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheSocieta
That Lapis Blue with a set of LEDs on the back would be drool worthy. I wish I had a blue one everytime I see one.
Well funny thing is.. the black Tip we're working on had the TechArt LEDs installed and now that we're upgrading it to the TechArt Type II bumper and the larger LEDs as well so it may happen

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few daily-driver 997 Turbo Projects @ SharkWerks