997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

hood emblem on cf. Yes or NO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
hood emblem on cf. Yes or NO?

My VIS dry matte carbon fiber hood has arrived and will be installed next week. What do you think of gold crest emblem? With out could be more streamlined & modern but with it a nod to tradition. I've seen pics both ways and can't decide.

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2010, 09:06 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by number 3
My VIS dry matte carbon fiber hood has arrived and will be installed next week. What do you think of gold crest emblem? With out could be more streamlined & modern but with it a nod to tradition. I've seen pics both ways and can't decide.
I'm partial to the clean look - I removed the emblem on the rear deck on mine and if there were a clean way to do on the front, I'd probably do that too but OEM has holes - sounds like your CF does not.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:00 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
no holes, so can go either way.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:11 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
Post some pics of the new hood. Thanks

Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 PM
The hood is at the shop so I can't send pics today. I did inspect it and it's perfect. Finnish is just as billed very dry. The cf fiber is very straight along the diagonal.

Looking for opinions about emblem or no emblem.

Last edited by number 3; 12-10-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:47 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Yes on emblem. No on the OEM gold. Go silver.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
derooy is a jewel in the roughderooy is a jewel in the roughderooy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bonehead
yes on emblem. No on the oem gold. Go silver.
+1!!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:06 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Black Chrome. Expensive but unique. I have one but have not installed it yet. This reminds me I have to put it on.

www.pcars.com/porsche_parts/shop.php/porsche/new-cool-things/porsche-black-chrome-hood-crest-badge-kit/p_3014.html

I don't know how to make this not a link after copy & paste.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 12-10-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:52 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
i believe the new GT2RS has a sticker crest on it, not a metal emblem per se.
I would get a high quality sticker, in the silver colors not gold, and go with that. Consistent with the weight reduction theme. Can look it up in my UK 911 & Porsche world mag if u want, but I am sure you can find pics online.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:56 PM
PorscheSocieta is infamous around these parts
Silver crest is a must in general. Are you leaving the CF exposed? I'm wondering what the theme of your car will be. Depending on the rest of your modifications you should make the decision whether to keep it on or not.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
3: email me if you want a slick deal on a Silver one.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I took this pic at the LA Auto show of the GT2RS CF hood some kinda decal ,it looked pretty good i thought.

Attached Images   
Old 12-11-2010, 02:14 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
Yes on emblem. No on the OEM gold. Go silver.
+1... I'm not sure how much an OEM gold one costs, but if you're gonna do it, grab the silver.

I would love to swap out my stock one for a silver... just not bored enough yet!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:08 AM
I like the idea of silver but wheel hubs have gold crest and it could like odd if they didn't match.

The wheels are color of car, rear turbo emblem is black, as is the lic plate frame. There's no front lic plate so there really is no chrome or silver on car.

Maybe, I'll leave it off for now and see how it goes.

Another thing is that the car wash that I like applies a teflon polish that makes everything really shinny and I wonder how it will affect the flat finnish?

Anyway, pics next week.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Wait...did you say 'car wash you like?'.....RUN

Don't take that thing through a car wash. And whatever they sling on the car (teflon won't adhere unless you put the car in an oven at temps that would melt the rubber), it washes right down the drain, along with your money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hood emblem on cf. Yes or NO?