997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My 997tt Sachs clutch review.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
Brilliantly stated Speedy...and oh so true...

Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Serpentene
Brilliantly stated Speedy...and oh so true...
So, Serp have you got a clutch in yet? What have you got in??

Old 12-17-2010, 03:19 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the replies and excellent writeup Speed ...

My stocker is holding up good so far with my exhaust/tune combo ... hope the next round of mods doesn't change that fact ...

Old 12-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
No not yet. waiting until after the winter here in NYC area.
The crisp weather only further adds to my slippage problems oh well.

My eyes set on SACHS 764 pressure plate set up. set it..forget it..mentality.
really want a full titanium plumbing too...

Old 12-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Serpentene
No not yet. waiting until after the winter here in NYC area.
The crisp weather only further adds to my slippage problems oh well.

My eyes set on SACHS 764 pressure plate set up. set it..forget it..mentality.
really want a full titanium plumbing too...
If you can serp, bite the bullit and get one in asap. You wont know just how much you've been slipping until you do . Now, if only i had mine in last winter

Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speed21
And for those who may of heard or read other reports of shudder and other unpleasant changes all i can say is something else must be wrong in the install for that to happen as this one is silk .

I'm one with the rattling noises. Drives me crazy sometimes. Maybe I'll get it checked one of these days. My setup is the ClutchMasters Stage 3/LWFW. It engages really high and the takeup is quite abrupt. Definitely took me a long time to get used to it. I'm pretty smooth with it now but it'll snap your neck if you aren't careful.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:50 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I'm one with the rattling noises. Drives me crazy sometimes. Maybe I'll get it checked one of these days. My setup is the ClutchMasters Stage 3/LWFW. It engages really high and the takeup is quite abrupt. Definitely took me a long time to get used to it. I'm pretty smooth with it now but it'll snap your neck if you aren't careful.
The LWFW is causing the rattle. Can't do anything about that. I don't believe anyone else on this thread changed out the flywheel, only the clutch and pressure plate.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:34 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Paul, very good report and good to hear that it feels like stock. Change from the stock feel is my biggest fear as I drive my car to work daily.

For those interested, the table below lists the Sachs plates; Paul uses the 764 and this is the one that is recommended by most. Don't use 752, even if yours is only stage 2 (exhaust and ECU); it's not strong enough. I know, I have to re-edit this table.

Name:  SachsClutchmotormomentecopycrop.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  182.4 KB

Old 12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
I went with the GT3RS LWFW/764PP/GT3RS Clutch and could not be happier.

I was told by Todd.K this is best LWFW/Clutch Kit combo and I believe him.

More expensive the Clutch Masters LWFW/Clutch Kit combo but worth it.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:39 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
I went with the GT3RS LWFW/764PP/GT3RS Clutch and could not be happier.

I was told by Todd.K this is best LWFW/Clutch Kit combo and I believe him.

More expensive the Clutch Masters LWFW/Clutch Kit combo but worth it.

Vent, you use the GT3RS clutch disc instead of the Sachs 973?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:49 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Can

Yes sir, sprung not solid clutch disk.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
Can

Yes sir, sprung not solid clutch disk.
Thanks Vent. What's the advantage of sprung disc please? Stock disk is solid?

Isn't Sachs 973 sprung also?

Old 12-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks Vent. What's the advantage of sprung disc please? Stock disk is solid?

Isn't Sachs 973 sprung also?
Can,

I am pretty sure stock is sprung.

Sprung disks dampen the clutch engagement.

I believe the 973 is a solid disk.

School of though that states, if you use dual mass fw , then go with a unsprung disk, and if you go with a LWFW then go with the sprung clutch disk as the sprung clutch will take some of vibrations and single sided load on the crank, not sure but in theory it sounds right?: thats why the gt3 rs uses a sprung clutch with a LWFW.

Kit from Todd.K includes

GT3RS lwfw 964.102.239.31
GT3RS Clutch Disk(Sprung) 996 116 015 32
Stage3 PP 88 3082 999 764
release bearing, pilot bearing, ring gear, bolts etc.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Vent thanks. How does your clutch feel compared to stock as far as ease of engagement and point of engagement?
Do you have problem with chatter?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Can

The clutch engagement is lower unlike the OEM which was higher up.
For some reason the shifting is much better, on OEM clutch the 2nd gear was hard to get into
on cold mornings.

There is some clatter, but it does not bother me.

The revs build up much faster and drop much faster too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997tt Sachs clutch review.