997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
It looks like both of you are trying to make a different point here and you're not getting anywhere by continuing this discussion and not understanding what the other guy is trying to say.
I hope you're realizing this by now.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Agreed. Useless to discuss cars, better to compare them in real life at the same time. Therefore you cant draw too many conclusiones from different events where both compared cars where not present.

Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
It looks like both of you are trying to make a different point here and you're not getting anywhere by continuing this discussion and not understanding what the other guy is trying to say.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gustav
Impressive on no1 and no3 to acheive good launches with 2WD, they must have drag tyres? Both 9ff also had street tyres.

As stated it is also about gearing and progressive power. And drivers of course.
These are the excuses you've thus far attributed to 9ff's poor performance(s):
-Gearing
-Progressive power
-RWD
-Manual transmission
-Tires
-Poor drivers

Regardless of all of your excuses above, the facts here are clear. 9ff's power numbers are overrated. Their claimed "1200 hp" cars are ridiculously slow in the 1/4 mile (500 HP slow), are slower than manual/RWD 800-900 HP manual/RWD cars from 100-200 km/h, and slower than 1,000-1,100 hp manual/RWD cars...all weighing significantly more...in the Standing Mile.

For every single performance test you've brought up with regard to 9ff, I've been able to post details of a faster manual transmission/RWD car, with less claimed power and significantly more weight.

Not much else to say here.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-24-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I understand exactly what he's trying to say. I'm simply stating (and proving) that he's wrong.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

They arent excuses, they are facts. As stated for the third time they are NOT built for quartermile. They are built for longer distances, read races on Autobahn / Moscow Ring between 200 km/h and 400 km/h for example.

You are just calling them names left and right without even ever seen one in real life.

You should learn up on some non quartermile cars below And yes it probably wont launch that good for quartermile sprints

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEaWr74zAEo

Alsom you didnt reply to my question what tyres was used in the RWD mile cars?

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
These are the excuses you've thus far attributed to 9ff's poor performance(s):
-Gearing
-Progressive power
-RWD
-Manual transmission
-Tires
-Poor drivers

Regardless of all of your excuses above, the facts here are clear. 9ff's power numbers are overrated. Their claimed "1200 hp" cars are ridiculously slow in the 1/4 mile (500 HP slow), are slower than manual/RWD 800-900 HP manual/RWD cars from 100-200 km/h, and slower than 1,000-1,100 hp manual/RWD cars, that weigh significantly more, in the Standing Mile.

Not much else to say here.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:06 PM
They arent excuses, they are facts. As stated for the third time they are NOT built for quartermile. They are built for longer distances, read races on Autobahn / Moscow Ring between 200 km/h and 400 km/h for example.
Yes, they are nothing but excuses. It doesn't matter what they are built for. The fact is that if they can't trap over 125 mph in 1/4 mile, or 'well over' 220mph in a Standing Mile, they aren't making 1200 HP....regardless of their purpose in life. Why is that so difficult to understand?

You are just calling them names left and right without even ever seen one in real life.
They don't perform. Seeing one in real life isn't going to change that.

You should learn up on some non quartermile cars below And yes it probably won't launch that good for quartermile sprints
Thanks, but I'm not interested in watching an advertising video from a company who severely over-rates their severely under-performing cars.

On another note, do you even know what a "quarter mile car" is? I think not. If you did, you wouldn't be implying that the Porsches that are faster than 9ff cars are "quartermile cars". What they are, are "faster" cars. Which is much easier to pronounce as well as more accurate. Install some taller gearing and guess what? They'd run higher maximum speeds than any 9ff cars as well.

Also you didnt reply to my question what tyres was used in the RWD mile cars?
I believe street-legal road course tires called r-compounds (same type of tire as Michelin Pilot Sport Cups that come on the GT2s and GT3s from the factory). Same type of street tires (I'm betting) that the 9ff cars used when they went 218.

Regardless, even with non-sticky tires....trap speed isn't really affected. Time to distance certainly can be, but not so much the speed at the end of the distance. Hence the reason why even while spinning in the first 3 gears, I still went 15 mph faster in a 1/4 mile than the "1200" HP 9ff car did.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-24-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:14 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Why don't you two get a "thread"?

Old 12-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Why don't you two get a "thread"?
This one's fine. Thanks, though.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Again, progressive power, grip and drivers (quarter mile) and gearing for 380-400 km/h (mile) can make it seem that they d not perform. But you are not listening so it is useless to argue with you. Carry on with your namecalling

Oh and BTW the 1000 HP 997 GT2 had all options and 4WD added to it obviosly. Street car that is obivously heavier than a stock 997 GT2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3a5lU3KLzs

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Yes, they are nothing but excuses. It doesn't matter what they are built for. The fact is is that if they can't trap over 125 mph in 1/4 mile, or well over 230mph in a Standing Mile, they aren't making 1200 HP....regardless of their purpose in life. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Old 12-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Again, progressive power, grip and drivers (quarter mile) and gearing for 380-400 km/h (mile) can make it seem that they d not perform. But you are not listening so it is useless to argue with you. Carry on with your namecalling
There's nothing to listen to but more of the same (lame) excuses from you. You know what I do listen to, however? Results. Unfortunately, 9ff doesn't seem to produce them.

Oh and BTW the 1000 HP 997 GT2 had all options and 4WD added to it obviosly. Street car that is obivously heavier than a stock 997 GT2.
Ya...great. I was talking about the 9ff GT3 that's RWD and lighter than a stock 997 GT2.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-24-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Gustav, you know what? just buy highly tuned 9ff car and you won't say anything positive about 9ff ever. Trust me.
Of course Fathauer won't answer your call either.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
GTurbo 1200 data

0 - 100 km/h 2.8 s
0 - 200 km/h 7.1 s
0 - 300 km/h 14.1 s
100 - 200 km/h 5 s
200 - 300 km/h 7.5 s
100 - 300 km/h 12.5 s
weight 1390 kg

Several bolt on 997tt's hitting LOW 4's from 100-200kmh ( SPI +900whp ran 100-200kmh in 3.77sec ) and modded vtg's hitting 5's

I know Joe EVOMS 996tt ran 100-300kmh in 10's

I wonder what kind of 100-200 and 200-300 we will see with built 997tt from U.S tuners

Who stupied 380-500kmh..Even Mr-9FF said it would dangrous in Autobahn<!-- / message --><!-- share after postbit REMOVED -->

Old 12-25-2010, 03:28 AM
kelesha is infamous around these partskelesha is infamous around these parts
If we forget that 9ff car what is "in lag" 70% of this 1/4mile run, i am interested of other fact i.e why SPI750 and SPI800 cars driven on race fuel have such low trap speeds i.e 207-208km/h ??? They need to have at least 220km/h trap speed but seems no way to done that out of USA and i am interested why ??? I am interested too how that "Race America" start cells are positioned, and what is exact rollout distance ?

Anyway on that video my favorite is that GT2 what trap 187km/h, seems driver is total poser look 20sek on video........he was on start line, but catch the steering wheel with left hand on right side........if he have the Ronnie Coleman hand okey no problem but with hand like whip is nothing more than funny

Old 12-25-2010, 04:47 AM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
I must say I was very impresses with the 750 launch, even better than the standard PDK 911.

Regarding the discussion, imo: the 9ff may have a strong specific skill, high speed acceleration. However all the other highly tuned 911's have better overall and day-to-day performance. Just different standards you can apply to 'what is a fast car'. For me 0-200 and sprints from a <100 km/h are more 'useful' in everyday driving. I'm on the autobahn quite a bit, but it's a rare oppurtunity to go head to head on a empty stretch with runs over 300 km/h. Russia might still provide more opportunities, so use them while you still can!

Old 12-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kelesha
If we forget that 9ff car what is "in lag" 70% of this 1/4mile run, i am interested of other fact i.e why SPI750 and SPI800 cars driven on race fuel have such low trap speeds i.e 207-208km/h ??? They need to have at least 220km/h trap speed but seems no way to done that out of USA and i am interested why ??? I am interested too how that "Race America" start cells are positioned, and what is exact rollout distance ?

Anyway on that video my favorite is that GT2 what trap 187km/h, seems driver is total poser look 20sek on video........he was on start line, but catch the steering wheel with left hand on right side........if he have the Ronnie Coleman hand okey no problem but with hand like whip is nothing more than funny
U need to know that SPI750 ( Which is modded vtg's ) on tip cars not 6speed

SPI750 on tip cars made low 600whp.

Here is 6speed modded vtg's but from another vendor ( TPC Racing ) trap 216.3km/h...This car made 670whp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIPwtaYUkxY

+220kmh need +700whp on tip cars...UAEturbo has TIP 997tt w/Protomotive GT3071R's on mid boost made low 700whp..Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZLAvNTpfI

BTW....9ff always claimed that they r ran HIGH boost WITHOUT racegas.

Why that 9ff 1200hp use MS103 now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800