997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:21 AM
kelesha is infamous around these partskelesha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
U need to know that SPI750 ( Which is modded vtg's ) on tip cars not 6speed

SPI750 on tip cars made low 600whp.
good driven manual ot Tip is not so important, here we have Heidl 997tt tiptronic with 10.9sec/205km/h on airport track equipred with Race America system, car is with stock VTG turbos, only Heidl exhaust with sport cats and Heidl software......
Another example is 996tt Tip with K24/18G turbos on 1.4bar with 98RON fuel(93 in USA) it trap 217-220km/h, same results it get meassured with Racelogic Driftbox........thats the reason for my question about trap speeds, 750+hp car need to trap at least 220km/h

Old 12-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kelesha
good driven manual ot Tip is not so important, here we have Heidl 997tt tiptronic with 10.9sec/205km/h on airport track equipred with Race America system, car is with stock VTG turbos, only Heidl exhaust with sport cats and Heidl software......
Another example is 996tt Tip with K24/18G turbos on 1.4bar with 98RON fuel(93 in USA) it trap 217-220km/h, same results it get meassured with Racelogic Driftbox........thats the reason for my question about trap speeds, 750+hp car need to trap at least 220km/h
Why u don't be more specific?

Heidi 997 turbo

acceleration:
0-100 km/h in 3.2 s
0-200 km/h in 10.8 s

100-200kph in 7.6s

0–402,34 m (1/4 mile) in 10.99 s

prices (based on 997 Turbo):
engine tuning, sports cat: 14,997 Euro
suspension: 1,890 Euro
wheels incl. tyres: 5,380 Euro
ceramic disk brakes: 8.491 Euro
Tiptronic S: 2,871 Euro

Total = 33,700 Euro = $44,200 for 10,8-10,9sec in 1/4

SPI 750 kit would cost $19,000 like most of U.S tuners

BTW...That slow tip SPI750 ran

0-100km/h under 3sec
0-200km/h in 8.5sec
0-300km/h in 22-23sec

100-200 km/h in mid 5's

Old 12-25-2010, 06:22 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light

This is what matters for this comparison and with -20% VAT out of it.

We all get the point that US tuners are cheap. We get it. Get over it now.
Out of all US tuners only Switzer actually have proved that their cars are reliable in a lot of events. The rest are cheap, fast and have unproven reliability (I remember reading a post by an Euro guy here with a US tune saying that even he was unsure the engine would last if stressed more).
I don't get it why you have to compare the prices all the time. It's not your money. Whomever wants to pay will pay what he wants/can.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack

This is what matters for this comparison and with -20% VAT out of it.

We all get the point that US tuners are cheap. We get it. Get over it now.
Out of all US tuners only Switzer actually have proved that their cars are reliable in a lot of events. The rest are cheap, fast and have unproven reliability (I remember reading a post by an Euro guy here with a US tune saying that even he was unsure the engine would last if stressed more).
I don't get it why you have to compare the prices all the time. It's not your money. Whomever wants to pay will pay what he wants/can.
U need to know what u r talking about ...Ur Heidi ran 10.99??

Look at this..tune + exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3O0ms-5VQ

I posted proven 1/4 mile vids + verified acceleration numbers ( 0-100kmh, 0-200kmh, 100-200kmh..etc ) for 997tt from SPI, Proto, EVOMS, and TPC and u and ur friend keep posting BS!!!!!!

Last edited by Shotcaller; 12-25-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:17 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Look, here's the thing: it's not my whatever it is called. I was just trying to avoid bias in comparisons. I don't care which one is faster as long as that's the only thing it is. Why can't you understand that? I'm not being subjective here. I don't give a flying **** about who is it that makes the power. I'm not taking sides here. I was pointing out that you were comparing two different packages and it was unfair for whomever was involved in the comparison. Now stop being biased towards whatever you think is right and read my posts. I don't take sides.
I believe there are two philosophies for Porsche tuning: one is the European way the other is the American way. There isn't the best one, just two separate ones. You, Americans, are biased towards your tuners, Gustav was biased towards 9ff. You all have your reasons for being such and I'm not involved in this. There is no clear better tuner here. Everyone's good at something, but not everything. I for one am biased towards Switzer and for a few good reasons: the only US tuner that has proved that their cars are reliable and fast and can be daily driven. That's my bias. I don't like the others simply because they seem to be focusing on what's fast, but not on what's reliable. That's my take on things. I can admit one's faster than the other and still not like it.
This whole discussion is simply stupid from my point of view and for a moderator to even continue this whole Internet "fight" is wrong. Make your own thread, bash 9ff or whatever European tuners you don't like and get on with it.
This thread was Kentusha's way of introducing himself and all you people do is argue about which tuner is best. How mature is that?

Last edited by FadeToBlack; 12-25-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Why u don't be more specific?

Heidi 997 turbo

acceleration:
0-100 km/h in 3.2 s
0-200 km/h in 10.8 s

100-200kph in 7.6s

0–402,34 m (1/4 mile) in 10.99 s
So Heidl need to run 197-200km/h trap speed, but in reality it run constant 203-205km/h traps........may be Heidl car is 700hp(with stock VTGs) because SPI750 run 207km/h trap

SPI 750 kit would cost $19,000 like most of U.S tuners

BTW...That slow tip SPI750 ran

0-100km/h under 3sec
0-200km/h in 8.5sec
0-300km/h in 22-23sec

100-200 km/h in mid 5's
0-200km/h for 8.5sec thats fine........than 207km/h trap speed made no sense, it need to be 220+ like i already wrote, but you see that cant be done in real world without special prepaired track.....even with race fuel

Old 12-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Kentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kelesha
If we forget that 9ff car what is "in lag" 70% of this 1/4mile run, i am interested of other fact i.e why SPI750 and SPI800 cars driven on race fuel have such low trap speeds i.e 207-208km/h ??? They need to have at least 220km/h trap speed but seems no way to done that out of USA and i am interested why ??? I am interested too how that "Race America" start cells are positioned, and what is exact rollout distance ?

Anyway on that video my favorite is that GT2 what trap 187km/h, seems driver is total poser look 20sek on video........he was on start line, but catch the steering wheel with left hand on right side........if he have the Ronnie Coleman hand okey no problem but with hand like whip is nothing more than funny
It's getting hot here.

Talking about the trap - it was +26 C, and a little uphill. The launch was perfect. On the last unlim my best trap was 219,64 km/h and 10.447 sec. It was +17, without uphill.
And SPI750 - 215,95 km/h 10,587 sec

Old 12-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Banned
Bla Bla Bla bla

Look, here's the thing: it's not my whatever it is called. I was just trying to avoid bias in comparisons. I don't care which one is faster as long as that's the only thing it is. Why can't you understand that? I'm not being subjective here. I don't give a flying **** about who is it that makes the power. I'm not taking sides here. I was pointing out that you were comparing two different packages and it was unfair for whomever was involved in the comparison. Now stop being biased towards whatever you think is right and read my posts. I don't take sides.
I believe there are two philosophies for Porsche tuning: one is the European way the other is the American way. There isn't the best one, just two separate ones. You, Americans, are biased towards your tuners, Gustav was biased towards 9ff. You all have your reasons for being such and I'm not involved in this. There is no clear better tuner here. Everyone's good at something, but not everything. I for one am biased towards Switzer and for a few good reasons: the only US tuner that has proved that their cars are reliable and fast and can be daily driven. That's my bias. I don't like the others simply because they seem to be focusing on what's fast, but not on what's reliable. That's my take on things. I can admit one's faster than the other and still not like it.
This whole discussion is simply stupid from my point of view and for a moderator to even continue this whole Internet "fight" is wrong. Make your own thread, bash 9ff or whatever European tuners you don't like and get on with it.
This thread was Kentusha's way of introducing himself and all you people do is argue about which tuner is best. How mature is that?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Kentusha77rus
It's getting hot here.

Talking about the trap - it was +26 C, and a little uphill. The launch was perfect. On the last unlim my best trap was 219,64 km/h and 10.447 sec. It was +17, without uphill.
And SPI750 - 215,95 km/h 10,587 sec
If the "track" is uphill thats other story, and thanks for your input mate

Old 12-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Bla Bla Bla bla
You just proved my point. Thank you.
Fight the power!

Old 12-25-2010, 10:26 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Why to you keep repeating Switzer is the only US tuner who has proven reliabilty. No disrepect my friend, but that is simply not true.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Moscow Unlimited is one of the reasons. It's a very tough crowd out there and they're winning and their cars are alive and kickin' after the events. I'd like to see other US tuners do that. The Russians are the only ones putting so many miles on those cars and so far they're working. That's enough proof for me.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
I have to agree with you. Cruising between restaurants and shopping streets in Moscow the night before and the day after setting times close to Veyron the day after and then also driving home from the track is impressive by Switzer. My hats off to Switzer.

That said the car is geared exactly for the mile and it did what it was supposed to do. Great runs.

Moscow Unlimited is one of the reasons. It's a very tough crowd out there and they're winning and their cars are alive and kickin' after the events. I'd like to see other US tuners do that. The Russians are the only ones putting so many miles on those cars and so far they're working. That's enough proof for me.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Agreed and well spoken.

I believe there are two philosophies for Porsche tuning: one is the European way the other is the American way. There isn't the best one, just two separate ones. There is no clear better tuner here. Everyone's good at something, but not everything.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:13 PM
F360C is infamous around these parts
U need to know what u r talking about ...Ur Heidi ran 10.99??

Look at this..tune + exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3O0ms-5VQ

I posted proven 1/4 mile vids + verified acceleration numbers ( 0-100kmh, 0-200kmh, 100-200kmh..etc ) for 997tt from SPI, Proto, EVOMS, and TPC and u and ur friend keep posting BS!!!!!!
The 206-208 kph trap speed sounds right. I took my old mans 997 TT tip to a crappy track around here in the summer and ran a 10.86 @ 128.2mph (206.3kph) and it just had Protomotive upgraded VTGs, Protomotive software, and a Tubi Street Exhaust. That run was a very low 2000rpm launch and some wheel spin. The 60ft was only a 1.747. I think with a proper launch and a 1.5 60ft the car is very capable of a low 10. Going from a 1.964 60ft to the 1.747 60ft drop the quarter mile from a 11.283 to the 10.868. The mph only went from 127.39mph to the 128.3. These result were confirmed and the car is the official Team Speed 1/4 mile list

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800