997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:26 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
9ff needs R-compound tires and a driver mod!

my 997tt runs 10s all day with just bolt on intercoolers and 65mm vtgs, doesnt make it necessarily a better car than the 9ff GT3.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
U need to know what u r talking about ...Ur Heidi ran 10.99??

Look at this..tune + exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3O0ms-5VQ

I posted proven 1/4 mile vids + verified acceleration numbers ( 0-100kmh, 0-200kmh, 100-200kmh..etc ) for 997tt from SPI, Proto, EVOMS, and TPC and u and ur friend keep posting BS!!!!!!

what tune and exhaust is on the car in the video??

Old 12-25-2010, 06:54 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nyamg
what tune and exhaust is on the car in the video??
evoms but thats irrelevant, that is one of the fastest claimed tracks in the states; one is a built car thats capable of WAY more power, and one is a stock porsche with software on it.. yes they are VERY fast 1/4 mile cars, but even better in many other ways..

Old 12-26-2010, 10:29 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Guys if 9ff wants to build a Drag car, they can...

9ff Porsche 9.5 sec@160mph

as well as a fast street car... Thats the 391 km/h top speed greek TR-1000

9ff TR-1000 acceleration runs...

The later car has a very long 6th gear for top speed...

Switzer for me is king in terms of standing starts, even mile events, but i havent seen any other Porsche tuner "playing" at over 360 km top speed runs...

Old 12-26-2010, 10:55 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Amazingly, my manual-2WD car at only 800hp traps over 140 mph on street tires in a 1/4 mile. 9ff is a joke.

Gustav belive 9ff is god

Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
These are the excuses you've thus far attributed to 9ff's poor performance(s):
-Gearing
-Progressive power
-RWD
-Manual transmission
-Tires
-Poor drivers

Regardless of all of your excuses above, the facts here are clear. 9ff's power numbers are overrated. Their claimed "1200 hp" cars are ridiculously slow in the 1/4 mile (500 HP slow), are slower than manual/RWD 800-900 HP manual/RWD cars from 100-200 km/h, and slower than 1,000-1,100 hp manual/RWD cars...all weighing significantly more...in the Standing Mile.

For every single performance test you've brought up with regard to 9ff, I've been able to post details of a faster manual transmission/RWD car, with less claimed power and significantly more weight.

Not much else to say here.
Same here in sweden.. 9ff ist best, 9ff can do this, 9ff etc same with konigsegg same story then..My run when i run 1.1 agianst a switche p800 has not come up yet... with a 600hp 997 turbo

Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
That's for Dragers ( FadeToBlack and kelesha )

A FAST Germany high quality tuner 997tt w/Modded vtg's ran +220km/h in 1/4 mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWK-oNACyM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llc3OxLp_jA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JCDxsz1iM&NR=1

Old 12-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
According to GTRUS the GT2 owner got his engine KABOOM after he paid 50,000 EURO

Old 12-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SMR
Same here in sweden.. 9ff ist best, 9ff can do this, 9ff etc same with konigsegg same story then..My run when i run 1.1 agianst a switche p800 has not come up yet... with a 600hp 997 turbo
I remember Mr-RS tuning ( TB993tt ) said that ur customer higher boost on Ethanol...Is that true??

Old 12-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
2nd Moderator in this thread that slams 9ff. Without ever seeing one inreal life I suppose? Interesting.

I beleive that was same 9ff GT2 before 1000 HP tune. After 1000 HP tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMDMZZDr2M

Bye bye Switzer SPI750 (both on racegas).

Old 12-26-2010, 12:15 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
Moscow Unlimited is one of the reasons. It's a very tough crowd out there and they're winning and their cars are alive and kickin' after the events. I'd like to see other US tuners do that. The Russians are the only ones putting so many miles on those cars and so far they're working. That's enough proof for me.
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
engine tuning, sports cat: 14,997 Euro

This is what matters for this comparison and with -20% VAT out of it.

We all get the point that US tuners are cheap. We get it. Get over it now.
Out of all US tuners only Switzer actually have proved that their cars are reliable in a lot of events. The rest are cheap, fast and have unproven reliability (I remember reading a post by an Euro guy here with a US tune saying that even he was unsure the engine would last if stressed more).
I don't get it why you have to compare the prices all the time. It's not your money. Whomever wants to pay will pay what he wants/can.
I can speak of protomotive who I only have experience with. I have built couple cars with protomotive kits.

1) VTG kit daily driven and zero issues for almost a year now.
2) GT3076 more than 5000KM so far including a road trip of 900km
3) keithta
I use the car as a daily driver on 93 octane at 1.0 bar driving about 15,000 miles a year. Maybe 2,000 of those miles are on the high boost setting.
4)aisxos
I run modded turbos, big intercoolers Tiptronic ECU, DME, headers for 2 years time now.. I have done more than 40.000km with this setup full throtle.. Everything by protomotive... MY CAR is a bullet!!! Great results with no problems at all...
Now i will place the whole 3071R kit, again by protomotive..
and keep in mind one of the fastest 60-130 cars in the forum are built by protomotive.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gustav
2nd Moderator in this thread that slams 9ff. Without ever seeing one inreal life I suppose? Interesting.
Drop it already. We are enthusiasts first. I'm not going to censor all of my opinions simply because I'm a moderator, or because you're unhappy that we continue to prove you wrong. Heck, you OWN a BMW forum and serve as an Administrator, yet you're one of the biggest 9ff nut-swingers around. Hypocrisy at its best.

I beleive that was same 9ff GT2 before 1000 HP tune. After 1000 HP tune

Are you for real? Because an AWD 9ff GT2 supposedly making 1,000 HP (900 to the wheels) is racing a heavier, 750 HP Tiptronic 997TT with probably only 600 to the wheels (due to increased Tiptronic drivetrain loss)...you actually call that a good showing for 9ff? My little 800 HP GT2 (on 93 octane fuel) would flat embarrass that '1,000 hp' 9ff car at any speed...and my car certainly is not the fastest around.

9ff is an embarrassment to all european tuners.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-26-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:45 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
According to GTRUS the GT2 owner got his engine KABOOM after he paid 50,000 EURO
Exactly.

And how many miles have been put on the Switzer?

Originally Posted by Gustav
2nd Moderator in this thread that slams 9ff.
I post two races with obvious outcomes and now I'm "slamming" another tuner, lol. It appears that you simply can't swallow the truth.

Without ever seeing one inreal life I suppose? Interesting.

I beleive that was same 9ff GT2 before 1000 HP tune. After 1000 HP tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMDMZZDr2M

Wrong on both points. You know what they say when you "assume."

Last edited by bbywu; 12-26-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Exactly, Mr Moderator and Mr Supermodarator fails to notice this

Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
Guys if 9ff wants to build a Drag car, they can...

9ff Porsche 9.5 sec@160mph

as well as a fast street car... Thats the 391 km/h top speed greek TR-1000

9ff TR-1000 acceleration runs...

The later car has a very long 6th gear for top speed...

Switzer for me is king in terms of standing starts, even mile events, but i havent seen any other Porsche tuner "playing" at over 360 km top speed runs...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800