997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gustav
Exactly, Mr Moderator and Mr Supermodarator fails to notice this
I've seen it. It's pretty old. I've never believed that the timing equipment at that track was accurate, nor do I do now.

If you are serious about providing proof, show me a V-box or Pbox graph of a 9ff car running 0-186 and we'll extrapolate from that. Or, show me a video of a 9ff car run a 9-second anything on a NHRA certified dragstrip.

Until then, 9ff = a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
That pethatic 9ff black 4WD 1000hp GT2 ran

1/4 mile in 11.3sec@ 221.8km/h and placed in 34th
1 mile race it took 26.4km/h and trap 349.3km/h ( 215.8mph )

9ff still SLOW!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Only NHRA certified dragstrip outside the US is in Abu Dhabi, thanks for that

So it is Vbox then. 0-300 km/h? You dont start from a dig on Autobahn. We do it from a roll, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swyxyMHNkqE

So from a roll, 60-180 mph? Or what do you want. Keep in mind that majority of these cars are geared for higher speeds as I stated numerous times.

Also of course I would like to see the same from some cars you are discussing as well. Done in 2011.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I've seen it. It's pretty old. I've never believed that the timing equipment at that track was accurate, nor do I do now.

If you are serious about providing proof, show me a V-box or Pbox graph of a 9ff car running 0-186 and we'll extrapolate from that. Or, show me a video of a 9ff car run a 9-second anything on a NHRA certified dragstrip.

Until then, 9ff = a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
but i havent seen any other Porsche tuner "playing" at over 360 km top speed runs...
The Standing Mile records for Porsches are both held by US tuners: Eddie Bello went 236 mph (380 km/h) and EVOMS went 231 mph (372 km/h).

Remember, these car reached these speeds from dead stop in only 1 mile, so these aren't even their top speeds.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:26 PM

So it is Vbox then. 0-300 km/h? You dont start from a dig on Autobahn. We do it from a roll, like this:
Why are you posting the unimpressive G-Power video? That car would have no chance against a truly fast car. But, it would be good race against my 4,000 lb GT-R that only has exhaust and tune: 100-200 km/h = 6.06.

So from a roll, 60-180 mph? Or what do you want. Keep in mind that majority of these cars are geared for higher speeds as I stated numerous times.
Yes, from a roll. I'd love to race a '1,000 HP' or '1,200 HP' 9ff car from 60-180 in my GT2 with stock gears, and I'd only use pump gas. I think the 9ff driver would find himself very disappointed.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-26-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:02 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The Standing Mile records for Porsches are both held by US tuners: Eddie Bello went 236 mph (380 km/h) and EVOMS went 231 mph (372 km/h).

Remember, these car reached these speeds from dead stop in only 1 mile, so these aren't even their top speeds.
you are right!

I cannot say that 9ff is garbage however... I think they make some very nice cars, for owners who want to have 9ff cars...

Eddie's car is unique!

The EVOMS cars, as well as the Proto cars, SPIs, etc have shown insane performance, with probably much less cost than 9ff if my math is right. And thats where the US Porsche tuners win i think

Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
For the record I posted the video how to do one and not because the time / car in the video. But while we are at it try measuring 200-300 km/h on your GTR on the VBox and see if you get somewhere around 16 s. Just for fun.

You "love" to do it and use only pump gas etc. Nice one, how would I ever know what you are using for gas...

But fine, now we got it decided. 100-300 km/h measured and we see that from a couple of cars. See you in 2011 if we get to arrange that.

It would also be great to see Kentusha do a few runs of that as well!

Old 12-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
you are right!

I cannot say that 9ff is garbage however... I think they make some very nice cars, for owners who want to have 9ff cars...
I actually agree. I don't think their cars are 'garbage' at all. I just think they are unreliable, overpriced, and make MUCH less power than they claim.

I think RUF is a far better choice if you want to stick with a European tuner.

The EVOMS cars, as well as the Proto cars, SPIs, etc have shown insane performance, with probably much less cost than 9ff if my math is right. And thats where the US Porsche tuners win i think
I agree 100%. I also believe they are more reliable.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:11 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
[quote=Divexxtreme;3077236]Why are you posting the unimpressive G-Power video? That car would have no chance against a truly fast car. But, it would be good race against my 4,000 lb GT-R that only has exhaust and tune: 100-200 km/h = 6.06.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-26-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Ruf is superreliable but has a different focus than 9ff. 9ff are Porsches and Ruf is Ruf. 9ff works with more power and for higherspeeds but maybe not as everyday driver as Ruf.

BTW 9ff funder worked with enginedevelopment at Ruf before founding 9ff.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:13 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Divexxtreme;3077236]Why are you posting the unimpressive G-Power video? That car would have no chance against a truly fast car. But, it would be good race against my 4,000 lb GT-R that only has exhaust and tune: 100-200 km/h = 6.06.

That was an awesome run! Your car is a beast! Any other vidoes of your 996?

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-26-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:14 PM
For the record I posted the video how to do one and not because the time / car in the video. But while we are at it try measuring 200-300 km/h on your GTR on the VBox and see if you get somewhere around 16 s. Just for fun.
If I had a place where I could safely drive at speeds up to 186 mph, I would have done it a long time ago in all of my other cars. The only data I have is up to 150 mph (241 km/h).

You "love" to do it and use only pump gas etc. Nice one, how would I ever know what you are using for gas...
If we were actually located in the same location where we could really make a race like this happen, I'd take you with me to the gas station so you could watch me pump the fuel in my car. Or, you could simply take a sample of my fuel and send it to a lab for analysis. My car will run high 4's/low 5's 100-200 km/h on 93 octane, so I'm confident that's all I'd need.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-26-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:19 PM
The trap speed of the 4WD GT2 was the highest of all cars that participateted in the Moscow Unlimited in September. 336 km/h was the trap speed of the GT3RS 1200 HP and that was not because of lesser power but lesser grip

Originally Posted by Shotcaller
That pethatic 9ff black 4WD 1000hp GT2 ran

1/4 mile in 11.3sec@ 221.8km/h and placed in 34th
1 mile race it took 26.4km/h and trap 349.3km/h ( 215.8mph )

9ff still SLOW!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 03:21 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
The trap speed of the 4WD GT2 was the highest of all cars that participateted in the Moscow Unlimited in September.
thats great that it was the highest but, it is still 15+mph slower than other cars that have run the mile in the US

Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by slavik
scott is that your old turbo on low boost...
Slavik - It was at around 1.3-1.4 BAR...so mid-high boost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800