997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Slavik - It was at around 1.3-1.4 BAR...so mid-high boost.
impressive to say the least...an off topic question, but where is the car now? new owner on 6spd as well?

Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gustav
The trap speed of the 4WD GT2 was the highest of all cars that participateted in the Moscow Unlimited in September. 336 km/h was the trap speed of the GT3RS 1200 HP and that was not because of lesser power but lesser grip
Incorrect. The US guys spin too. Some of them through the first 4 gears! Yet, they still went 220-230+ mph.

Get over this grip thing. It's just another excuse for 9ff's continued poor performances.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-26-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
impressive to say the least...an off topic question, but where is the car now? new owner on 6spd as well?
He is. He doesn't post much, but he's still around. Great guy.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:34 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Wrong. RWD US tuned cars that literally spun through the 1st 4 gears still went 220-230+ mph.

Get over this grip thing. It's just another excuse for 9ff's continued poor performances.
exactly...there are a numerous amount of RWD porsche's with plenty of traction issues who still manage to trap more than the 9FF AWD GT2 and the GT3RS
He is. He doesn't post much, but he's still around. Great guy.
thats awesome, car is an absolute beast

Old 12-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Kentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud of
Guys, slow down please, it's my first thread and there's allready 7 pages discussing of 9ff tuner.

The thing is, we won't see this orange 9ff GT3 RS with 1200 hp anymore, after the owner made a few runs on it, he asked himself a few questions:
- is it for 1/4 mile race - No
- is it for 1 mile race - No
- is it for track race - No
- is it a plane - maybe

So he's converting it to a race car without turbos.

I also saw a lot of info about this cars on paper, but none of them showed really impressive results.

And I forgot, can somebody remind me, what is 0-100, 0-200 of 1000 hp 9ff GT9 on papers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mswwrHm5z2o

Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kentusha77rus
Guys, slow down please, it's my first thread and there's allready 7 pages discussing of 9ff tuner.
Not your fault, my friend.

The thing is, we won't see this orange 9ff GT3 RS with 1200 hp anymore....he's converting it to a race car without turbos.
If I'd spent all that money on that car and it performed that badly, I'd probably do the exact same thing. I feel badly for the owner, but I'm glad he has an out.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:02 AM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
I remember Mr-RS tuning ( TB993tt ) said that ur customer higher boost on Ethanol...Is that true??
Then he talks ****, regular pump fuel.. Shell V power from the gas station

Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 AM
RioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura aboutRioGrandeValley has a spectacular aura about
Wow it's HOT in here! Just spent my break at work reading all the input from everyone. From what I've gathered it's like comparing a 45 to a 223 round. Both good in their respective enviroments neither one a bad choice to go with. I guess in the end depends how deep your wallets are to get the speeds you want. Personally I'd like to see the main cars here go head to head @ Tx Mile then at Gustav's home court. Guess we'll never get to see this happen!
Just my .02 cents!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Not your fault, my friend.

If I'd spent all that money on that car and it performed that badly, I'd probably do the exact same thing. I feel badly for the owner, but I'm glad he has an out.

Well for the record most of the Swedes aren´t as fanatic belivers to 9ff magic as Gustav. We would rather call it illusions. ;-)

I run one of Swedens fastest street legal track cars..
I would never trade my turbo engine for a non turbo for faster track times then its misconfigured. There´s no GT3 car here in Sweden thats even close to me and SMR:s track times with our Turbo Porsches.. I´m a proud "Proto" user, I track my car really hard and it worked really good so far. If I would go for a large EU tuner I would proberbly go with RUF if money wasn´t an issue or RS tuning that have proven results with for example Alzen on the Ring.. 9FF, would never ever be my choice..

In my opinion 9ff make really useless cars with bad reliability.. I meen what´s the use of a car that accelerates hard between 350 and 390km/h?? SMR:s Customer 997 Turbo with stage one PROTO tune(exhaust and ECU) kicked *** with most cars at Gustavs event.
If I remember it correctly when they did the runs at Gustavs event in Sweden non of the 9ff cars hold together, both of them or at least one of them fell apart..

Gustav is the owner of "GTboard" and his "mission" is to drive traffic to his website and his clips on youtube, so I´m not sure if he him self belives all his writing on different forums or if he just do it to drive more "bucks" down his pocket.. ;-)

/Pete

Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
Wow it's HOT in here! Just spent my break at work reading all the input from everyone. From what I've gathered it's like comparing a 45 to a 223 round. Both good in their respective enviroments neither one a bad choice to go with. I guess in the end depends how deep your wallets are to get the speeds you want. Personally I'd like to see the main cars here go head to head @ Tx Mile then at Gustav's home court. Guess we'll never get to see this happen!
Just my .02 cents!
Well maybe, but you will never bring your mortar going hunting because it has a useless purpose in that area.. Its the same with 9ff, a lot of bragging power but no real life purpose..

Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
agree regarding to 9ff and I can say that as ex owner of this car.

http://9ff.de/de/products/details.php?n2id=4

Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
agree regarding to 9ff and I can say that as ex owner of this car.

http://9ff.de/de/products/details.php?n2id=4
"ST-GT99x..."

Old 01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K24F
"ST-GT99x..."

correct

Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

Just put your cars on a flight, we had visitors from Moscow and St Petersburg, Russia this summer in Sweden at our usual place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2psbqwtdmiw

UGR might be around, we'll see

BTW nice conclusion, I tend to agree. Different tastes and both fast cars. And yes Divexxxxxxxxtreme 9ff are still fast. And they charge in expensive €€€

Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley
Just my .02 cents!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Pete or is it Puppan or is it Peter? On your nice site it seems to be Peter: http://www.puppan.se/ I would appreciate meeting you in real life since we live within 30 min from each other to correct some of what your are stating, instead if tyoing on an US forum in a different language.

Alternatively, you are welcome anyday to any of the events we are having with your Protomotive Porsche and no, no car had a chance vs the 9ff GT2 BT1000 4WD last summer, that was for sure. The owner stated his car went much better in Sweden than at Moscow Unlimited later in 2010.

Looking forward meeting you and your car in action in 2010!

Originally Posted by Puppan
Well for the record most of the Swedes aren´t as fanatic belivers to 9ff magic as Gustav. We would rather call it illusions. ;-)

I run one of Swedens fastest street legal track cars..
I would never trade my turbo engine for a non turbo for faster track times then its misconfigured. There´s no GT3 car here in Sweden thats even close to me and SMR:s track times with our Turbo Porsches.. I´m a proud "Proto" user, I track my car really hard and it worked really good so far. If I would go for a large EU tuner I would proberbly go with RUF if money wasn´t an issue or RS tuning that have proven results with for example Alzen on the Ring.. 9FF, would never ever be my choice..

In my opinion 9ff make really useless cars with bad reliability.. I meen what´s the use of a car that accelerates hard between 350 and 390km/h?? SMR:s Customer 997 Turbo with stage one PROTO tune(exhaust and ECU) kicked *** with most cars at Gustavs event.
If I remember it correctly when they did the runs at Gustavs event in Sweden non of the 9ff cars hold together, both of them or at least one of them fell apart..

Gustav is the owner of "GTboard" and his "mission" is to drive traffic to his website and his clips on youtube, so I´m not sure if he him self belives all his writing on different forums or if he just do it to drive more "bucks" down his pocket.. ;-)

/Pete

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile Gt2, PDK Turbo, 9ff GT3, SPI 750 and P800