997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Changing Out Adaptive Sport Seats To...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 07-04-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Couple of wires and and long bill of labor charge i guess !!

P.S You could've asked that same question in the thread u made this morning ..
Instead of infesting the forum with your endless neaty greety "questions"

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 01-08-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:00 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
My question would be 'Why?' I can see changing out for GT2/3 seats or maybe even the sport bucket seat but the other 2 seat options are a step down from the adaptive sport seat.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
If you use search here...lots of info available
Here's one:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-seats.html

Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I've gone from standard seats to sport buckets, swap and drive. My dealer, Porsche of the Village, did a swap from sport buckets on a C4S to adaptive sports with no issues.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
The reason I want to change them out simply because the Adaptives are too tight on me. I've driven some Carrera's with them and they just dont work for me eventhough I'm not that big (190, 5'10").

There's a car I'm very interested in but the seats mght be a deal breaker. If they can be swapped out with standard seats, I'd finally be ready to buy.

The car is a big chunk of change (at least for me) so I want to be sure I can swap them out. I'll call my local dealer on Monday.
make sure you check the adjustments on the adaptives before you pass on them. i'm the same height as you and I have about 30 pounds on you. Not tight at all, and as I said in your "other" thread the std. seats will leave your shoulders outside the seat.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Couple of wires and and long bill of labor charge i guess !!

P.S You could've asked that same question in the thread u made this morning ..
Instead of infesting the forum with your endless neaty greety "questions"
Haha..yeah the dude ask's every little question

needs to get a turbo asap so he can get off the forums and drive it

Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
6'1" 190#, I fit just fine. the AS seats are extremely adjustable. I actually found them more comfortable than my old c4s with std seats. I would try them out again. You will kill the resale if you swap them out anyway.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:49 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Chris
Haha..yeah the dude ask's every little question

needs to get a turbo asap so he can get off the forums and drive it
+1

I wonder what would happen if he starts looking more into tunes and after markets systems. there is big competition

Car-Narcissit no offence but you should get to use the search button up there more often. And Mr.Google is very good as well
Your Q's doesn't really require threads to be made

Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
The reason I want to change them out simply because the Adaptives are too tight on me. I've driven some Carrera's with them and they just dont work for me eventhough I'm not that big (190, 5'10").
I'm about your size (180, 5'11, 34" waist) and I have to tighten the seats up to keep me from moving around in them.

Definitely try them before you get rid of them. They are about a $1200 option.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Part 2, I guess of a question I posted this morning...

Is it feasible to swap out Adaptive Sport seats for standard seats?

I'm not sure but I suspect there are standard seats to be had on Ebay from people who upgraded to racing seats. If that is the case, how hard would it be to swap them out?
i would like to do the opposite, i have standard seats with supple leather do you wanna swap ?

Old 01-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by cgng30
i would like to do the opposite, i have standard seats with supple leather do you wanna swap ?
You should have something earlier and we wouldn't have tried to dissuade C-N not to do it.

Of course by the time a finally gets a car he can live with, he will have forgotten all our comments anyway.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Very funny.

So....
I made an offer on a car today and it was accepted.
My heartiest congratulations to you.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:31 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Very funny.

Here's the good news:
I went to a local Porsche dealer today and went back and forth between AS and standard seats. I can live with the Adaptives.

So....
I made an offer on a car today and it was accepted.

I'm working out the flight details tonight and plan to have the car picked up next week.

Congrats!

Pictures?

bob

Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Great! Enjoy!
Color?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Changing Out Adaptive Sport Seats To...