997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

DME Report - Your Thoughts On This One

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Some tunes don't raise the flash count in the dme - Proto for example.

I had a flash count of 2 on my car when I bought it and presumably it was Porsche upgrades b/c the car was cpo-ed.

The overrevs were supposed to be shifted up with the higher rev limit on my flash too but I don't think it works correctly. Not a big deal since I rarely hit that high of an rpm anyway.
Doesn't Todd offer OBD flashing now? My understanding is an OBD flashed car will ALWAYS read as a reflash by increasing programming operations, but a bench flashed ECU may not necessarily - a complete rewrite or PIWIS could program and ECU to zero programming operations.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
bensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to behold
imo, you need to make sure the dealer warranty's the car. just have them do a pre-buy inspection and document it. we all run our TTs hard because we can. why buy the ice cream if you are not going to eat it.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:27 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
I'm writing this message from the passenger seat of a rented Ford POS. Typing on an IPad ain't fun on bumpy roads!

We're about 5 hours into our 10 trip to pick the car up. The seller is picking us up at our hotel in the morning. I spent many hours on the phone last night with several dealers and even spoke with JHBrennan for a bit. Then this morning I spoke with the service manager at Porsche of Greenville SC who said that the car is in such good shape that they would CPO it if they were the seller. I tried to convince him to buy it and then sell it to me. No luck.

I'm so stoked right now. This time tomorrow I'll be cruising back home in my Turbo.
Don't forget to take pics!

bob

Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I would still play the 'gee I don't know...all those over-revs' angle for a discount.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Doesn't Todd offer OBD flashing now? My understanding is an OBD flashed car will ALWAYS read as a reflash by increasing programming operations, but a bench flashed ECU may not necessarily - a complete rewrite or PIWIS could program and ECU to zero programming operations.
Yes, Proto uses Softronic's flash client to do OBD flashing as do others. I've reflashed countless times between 91 and race tunes and never noticed increases in programming operations using Durametric but maybe I just wasn't paying close attention.

Scott did say that it should not record overrevs if rev limiter has been raised. Proto also thought the same at the time but it turned out something was overlooked and it does record normal overrevs with even with a flashed ecu. Scott/Dan also said that if you flash back to stock program it would wipe out the overrevs. Scott also said he has an OBD tool that can clear overrevs. I'm not aware of anyone on the boards who has provided independent verification.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Take it and go...Sounds like a good one. The first person took a look and waited. The first person then called back about the car and found out someone else is ready to purchase...and now probably would pay full asking price after looking elsewhere. Happens all the time!

Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM
bensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to behold
congrats! post pix asap. great to see the enthusiasm.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Im glad it's all working out for you and paying 2.29% is a BIG BONUS... Take some pics and drive safely.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Yes it is odb programming (via Softronic cable). Like TTDude said, reflashing multiple times doesn't increment the counter - at least not according to Durametric.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
First of all,good luck with the car...
Now about flashing and number of programming operations,I ve read several tuned cars here and some were supposed to had raised range levels...So far I havent find even 1 car with a raised range level...Anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.