997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Europipe Stage 1 install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Love the workmanship on the EP, Stef. First class product and service. I expect to order one from you when I finally get the TT to attach it to. LOL

Old 07-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
Stef....Got a compliment from an outside store employee where I have lunch often. He wanted to compliment me on the new sound of my turbo(now EP1). He says he can hear it as I leave and as I shift up and down for maybe a mile thru the neighborhood after I leave the store, but says it is a "good" sound and wondered how/why he had missed it before. Mentioned to him EP1 install. Still enjoy the enhanced acceleration, decreased turbo-lag, great rumble-sound and no dash lights. Thought maybe some better gas mileage might jump out, but forget that with my constant use of the new enhanced acceleration with accompanying badly-needed new improved Porsche turbo sound.
Cheers John! Too bad you haven't heard the sound of the exhaust on the outside yourself.
Why don't you hand over the keys to your wife and tell her to floor it for the first mile or so?

Originally Posted by airmitch
I've had my EP exhaust on for about 4 months now. I enjoy it more every time I drive the TTS. I did the install myself, and can't say enough about the excellent fit and finish, and about the outstanding support from Stef.
Where will this all end?

Originally Posted by DLJ
Love the workmanship on the EP, Stef. First class product and service. I expect to order one from you when I finally get the TT to attach it to. LOL
Thanks and Cheers DL!

Old 07-06-2011, 12:02 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Can anyone answer if the EP stage 1 complies with California emissions code? I emailed Stef, and while he quickly answered all my questions, this one he didn't know. I would really like to upgrade the exhaust to EP but I'm worried about passing emssions tests for renewal in Ca, and voiding the warranty if other parts fail on the car after the upgrade. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Ive seen some 996 Turbos with the EP exhaust pass the CA test. The 997 is a very clean car actually, and even with 100 CPI cats Id bet it would pass. Of course, no big thing to stick on the stock one for a smog test when the need arises.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the quick response gmoney. By the way, are these exhausts legal as well? If a cop pulls you over, can they give you a ticket or fine you for owning this (or any exhaust for that matter)?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Does CA use OBDII scanning to test emissions?

If so, as long as you don't reset your ECU immediately before going to emissions, you should be able to pass.

A stock programmed ECU would read an OBD error if more than one of the OBD emissions protocols either failed or were "not ready." Most states permit at least 1 OBD sensor to be "not ready."

As we know that there are no CELs with Stef's exhaust, you should be fine.

Programmed ECUs sometimes shut off sensors to avoid displaying CELs to allow running catless or high flow cat configurations. They will shut off the sensors like:

Catalytic Converter Eff.----Not ready
Heated Oxygen Sensor----Not Ready
Secondary Air System----Not Ready

...to allow the car to be run without CELs being displayed, but a OBD scan from DMV will show multiple sensors disabled, and your car will fail despite no CELs.

bob

Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
If it does not have a CARB label on it its not legal in CA. Now that does not mean it wont pass Smog, its just that CA have crazy testing that needs to be done.

This may mean if you get a sharp technician he might question some aftermarket exhausts. However looking at the EP1 it looks very OEM and thus probably wont even show up on the radar of the technician. Polished exhausts on the other hand could pose a problem.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Does CA use OBDII scanning to test emissions?

If so, as long as you don't reset your ECU immediately before going to emissions, you should be able to pass.

A stock programmed ECU would read an OBD error if more than one of the OBD emissions protocols either failed or were "not ready." Most states permit at least 1 OBD sensor to be "not ready."

As we know that there are no CELs with Stef's exhaust, you should be fine.

Programmed ECUs sometimes shut off sensors to avoid displaying CELs to allow running catless or high flow cat configurations. They will shut off the sensors like:

Catalytic Converter Eff.----Not ready
Heated Oxygen Sensor----Not Ready
Secondary Air System----Not Ready

...to allow the car to be run without CELs being displayed, but a OBD scan from DMV will show multiple sensors disabled, and your car will fail despite no CELs.

bob
Thanks Bob!