997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Lil Powell's 997.1 First Track Pass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Lil Powell's 997.1 First Track Pass

About two weeks ago we got Matt's 997.1TT to the track to do some initial testing.

Current Mods:
EPL 997.1TT 93oct Tune
GMG Catless Titanium Exhaust
Bilstein PASM Coilovers
DPE 19" Rims

Stock Filter, BVRs, etc...

The car was driven to the track with a little more than a half tank of gas when we got there. The car had 5gal of MS109 mixed with 93oct. We were not able to get the weight because the scale was broken at what is now Royal Purple Raceway (Houston Raceway Park). So you figure Matt is 185lbs and whatever a stock 997TT weighs with the backseats out and a half tank of gas would give you the total.

The only really clean pass was the first pass the first pass at the track. He showed up to the track, tech'ed in, and got straight in line. He clicked off the following time:

He made 2 other passes as the night went on but the track was going to hell. He had one bad launch where it bogged and another where it spun. Both passes were 11.4's @ 127/128, but he aborted the run on the big end because he was already warned on his first pass. Apparently NHRA changed their rules again because I was told 11.0-11.5 required a helmet and a fire jacket but not a cage till 10.99 (This is what I was told many moons ago). He did have a best 1/8th MPH of 102.9 (I think .9 was the tenth MPH, but when I get Matt to send the other slip to me (they are at his house and he is not home). He let out of it hoping to stay above 11.5, but wasn't so lucky and they did not give him the time slip from the last 11.4.

We are VERY impressed on how the car responded to just two basic mods. Next up on the list is going to be a Tilton Triple Disk Clutch, 1000cc injectors, and a Aquamist kit. Eventually Matt will be adding a Boost Logic turbo kit with the same turbos as I have. He will be staying stock DME unlike me and EPL will be doing the tune on it still.

I would recommend this tune to anyone and if anyone needs help getting setup with one please have EPL contact me and I will do what I can to help you get going on it. It is VERY impressive that is for sure!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Waiting on YouTube to approve the video of the pass. He was running a Vette with "NT" on his window so it did not display the time. I also do not have anything to edit the video here so it is a minute long, but you do get to see the car (makes me want a 997 now! )

Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Bah stupid iPhone... I should have turned sideways...

Sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6JP_Gy4044

Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Powell

Since he is upgrading his injectors, have him go for E85 tune instead of the meth kit.

Less complexity and at a minimum MS109 power/timing @2.50 a gallon.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone, I know the car will go alot faster if the car was cold and the weather was colder. But im still on stock clutch and I didnt want to launch the car or shift the car to hard. Tony is an awesome tuner, the car runs like stock just alot faster. I plan on upgrading the clutch soon and adding a meth kit. I would go e85, But there is only 1 station near me.
Matt

Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Awesome, can't wait to see what it does with a real race gas tune! Nice driving Matt!