997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Ice Blue Metallic ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
Ice Blue Metallic ??

I know this may have been covered but I am under the impression that Ice Blue Metallic is a special order color and is not avaliable to general public. However, I was just browsing on a local dealer's website and saw that they have just received an IBM Turbo. I was trying to find this color on the Porsche site but it is not one of the colors which I can pick. Any thoughts? Also, any pictures around for this color. Too bad I have already have my car in order.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
There are two or three verts for sale in stock right now if anyone was looking for one. I think they all had grey guts.

Attached Images   

Last edited by PRS 7; 01-21-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: pics
Old 01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PRS 7
There are two or three verts for sale in stock right now if anyone was looking for one. I think they all had grey guts.
Great, isn't it? Porsche use IBM to launch the S, sign up lots of buyers, then say it's delayed, sorry about that, you'll have to choose a new color or wait forever - and end up slapping the special paint on the standard Turbo.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:21 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
IBM: Beautiful color. Stone grey interior: Not a big fan of ..

Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mhh
Great, isn't it? Porsche use IBM to launch the S, sign up lots of buyers, then say it's delayed, sorry about that, you'll have to choose a new color or wait forever - and end up slapping the special paint on the standard Turbo.
+1 mhh

I'm one of those who stuck it out and the long wait is nearly over as I'm scheduled to pick up my IBM TTS when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gerbs
+1 mhh

I'm one of those who stuck it out and the long wait is nearly over as I'm scheduled to pick up my IBM TTS when I get home in a couple of weeks.
I too ordered Ice Blue but switched to a PTS. Gerbs going to win IBM lottery. But grey int on those ordered cars. Black/Blue Int. Only way to go!!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Hot off the press. My IBM TTS has just arrived at the dealership. Here's a sneak preview.

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Hot off the press. My IBM TTS has just arrived at the dealership. Here's a sneak preview.
Looks good so far!!! You are one lucky man!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Finally! Look absolutely gorgeous, congrats. Post better pix as soon as you can!

Old 02-02-2011, 02:20 AM
gradyex is infamous around these partsgradyex is infamous around these parts

I absolutely love that color! (Along with GT silver). Polar silver isn't bad but I still prefer Ice Blue Metallic. By the way congrats! That car is a beast!

Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Mmmm, ice blue TTS.
Mmmm, blue skies.
Mmmm, it's summer down there.

Enjoy.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:32 AM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
I tried to order IBM about a month ago. Told not producing any more. Very upset.
Post seom pictures of the IBM coupe.

Where is the IBM convertable??

Old 02-06-2011, 11:57 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Unique color. Wonder if it helps or hurts resale?? Most folks like black or white.

Actually, I wonder how much the Turbo S will drop in value after the new 911 Turbo is launched... $50K?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 PM
mhh
mhh is infamous around these partsmhh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thebland

Actually, I wonder how much the Turbo S will drop in value after the new 911 Turbo is launched... $50K?
In all likelihood, the Turbo S will be a 3 year old car by the time the new 911 Turbo is launched so it will have depreciated plenty.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
That's why I ordered a Turbo instead of a C2S.

Originally Posted by mhh
In all likelihood, the Turbo S will be a 3 year old car by the time the new 911 Turbo is launched so it will have depreciated plenty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ice Blue Metallic ??