997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion Motorsport Gen 2.5 Intercoolers Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Champion Motorsport Gen 2.5 Intercoolers Released

Hi 6Speed,

In the never-ending quest to constantly improve our product line, we're proud to introduce our Gen2.5 intercoolers for the 997.1 and 997.2 Turbo and Turbo S. These shiny cooling powerhouses feature the same proprietary core as our most recent coolers, but now feature a billet machined top tank. We have found that by machining the top tanks from aluminum rather then casting, we we were able to improve flow properties out of the cooler by using the thinner stronger material (compare to our old cast top tanks).

Stay tuned for some testing data from the flow bench, of our Gen2.5 units vs stock (and a few of our competitors ) coming soon. For now, enjoy some pictures.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 AM
centexm3 is infamous around these parts
WOW -works of art !

Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Wow machined end tanks, they look beautifully.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpais
They do look really nice, when are they available?
They are available right now. In fact, the last couple sets of intercoolers we shipped have already had the billet tanks on them.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:01 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
hi,

could you present some test results?

what is the max difference between ambient and intake temp during
0-300km/h acceleration?

cores are not produced by bell?

have you compare them with 997.2 coolers?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
hi,

could you present some test results?

what is the max difference between ambient and intake temp during
0-300km/h acceleration?
As I mentioned in my original post, we are in the process of testing right now. We only anticipate a very slight increase in performance over our original Gen2 design, which can be viewed at the video link at the bottom of my post.

cores are not produced by bell?
Cores are NOT made by Bell.

have you compare them with 997.2 coolers?
Testing is taking place as we speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqvCF717Pko

Old 01-26-2011, 04:36 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
It looks great, but what about the end tank on the opposite side any plans? Reminds me of taking a pretty women out to dinner then getting her home only to find she has the nasty foot...

looking forward to the comparo...

Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Good looking tanks. Looking forward to your test results.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestJet
It looks great, but what about the end tank on the opposite side any plans? Reminds me of taking a pretty women out to dinner then getting her home only to find she has the nasty foot...

looking forward to the comparo...

Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 AM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
They are available right now. In fact, the last couple sets of intercoolers we shipped have already had the billet tanks on them.
Tom, you wrote that you are in the process of testing right now.....so you have sent couple sets before testing?

numbers are asked about are critical for the coolers, you know this of course.
Please notice I'm not a competition I'm maybe future customer.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TestJet
Yes, eventually we will design the bottom tank in billet as well. We wanted to start with the top tank for a few reasons. For one it was the side we saw a little bit of room for improvement in. And second, we ran out of supply of cast tanks for the top first.

Tom, you wrote that you are in the process of testing right now.....so you have sent couple sets before testing?

numbers are asked about are critical for the coolers, you know this of course.
Please notice I'm not a competition I'm maybe future customer.
Please understand that this is not a new design. The billet top tank is the same technical design that we have been using since releasing our 2010 Intercoolers. The only difference is that it's now machined aluminum instead of cast. The testing we are conducting is to see if the slight increase in internal volume by switching to billet will improve efficiency. They already perform at a level much higher then any competitor we have ever tested as well as OEM, this machined tank would only be an improvement. Watch the video above to learn about the existing parts.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:52 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Nice!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Yes, eventually we will design the bottom tank in billet as well. We wanted to start with the top tank for a few reasons. For one it was the side we saw a little bit of room for improvement in. And second, we ran out of supply of cast tanks for the top first.

Please understand that this is not a new design. The billet top tank is the same technical design that we have been using since releasing our 2010 Intercoolers. The only difference is that it's now machined aluminum instead of cast. The testing we are conducting is to see if the slight increase in internal volume by switching to billet will improve efficiency. They already perform at a level much higher then any competitor we have ever tested as well as OEM, this machined tank would only be an improvement. Watch the video above to learn about the existing parts.
I know this video but you didn't show numbers I asked for.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor
I know this video but you didn't show numbers I asked for.
Which numbers are you looking for specifically? Let me know and I'll make sure to post them as soon as testing is complete.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Which numbers are you looking for specifically? Let me know and I'll make sure to post them as soon as testing is complete.
Tom, I still believe that there is chance to have good air to air coolers, still looking....
My system work not bad, I never seen more than 20 C difference between ambient and intake. I'm running gt3071r with 1,55bar at 3000rpm.

so my question is what is the difference between ambient and intake during very very hard accelerations....
thank you.

BTW. I saw this movie and I believe your coolers are good but how good?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion Motorsport Gen 2.5 Intercoolers Released