997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2 Side Skirts Installed... Pix Inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
GT2 Side Skirts Installed... Pix Inside

Hi all,

So this is my latest chapter in our never ending epic to personalize our cars.

Gents, I thought of an appropriate title for this epic:
The Quest for Self Impoverishment

But I digress...
... Previously on TQSI ...
I had installed SpeedArt CF side intake covers, ROTtec CF mirrors, roof spoiler and wing blade.

I had ordered and received GT2 side skirts from Suncoast and I now have them installed...

So, without further ado, here are the pics, please lemme know what you think.

Name:  DSC_4223.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  129.8 KB

Name:  DSC_4224.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  DSC_4218.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  134.7 KB

Name:  DSC_4222.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  179.0 KB

Please stay tuned for the next chapter in our ongoing saga, The Metamorphosis of a Spoiler Lip, brought to you by ROTtec.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good, love the spoiler!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
nice never expect any thing less from you great thread and a tasty modd as usual karrim !

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Nice! I love mine; they are subtle but really make the car "pop".

Old 02-01-2011, 09:08 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking ride bro! After seeing ur car the gt2 skirts r definitely on my mod list
Thnx karim for the informative threads.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 AM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
I love the gt2 skirts, they look great.

Ken

Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Look'n good Karim. Nicely accents the car!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:12 AM
xsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud of
looks great!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:16 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looking good man... Always loved the GT2 sideskirts. Did them on my RS as well...

Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Hi all,

So this is my latest chapter in our never ending epic to personalize our cars.

Gents, I thought of an appropriate title for this epic:
The Quest for Self Impoverishment

Hey Karim. I must say they do like very nice indeedy!!. Were these a DIY job or too hard to fit? And the title of the episode TQFSI.....very very clever ....yet so very very true .

So.. your particular QFSI remains a work in progress eh? Oh well, dont forget to let us all know when that pot is finally near empty . I think that type 1 lip is going to set it all off very nicely!! + help that quest along a bit further for you . And dont worry...you will get there.

Last edited by speed21; 02-01-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:01 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by suncoastric
Looks good, love the spoiler!
Thanks Rick. Pleasure doing business with you.

Originally Posted by yalmutawa
nice never expect any thing less from you great thread and a tasty modd as usual karrim !
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Nice! I love mine; they are subtle but really make the car "pop".
Too true. You can tell something is different and nicer about the car but not over the top...

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Great looking ride bro! After seeing ur car the gt2 skirts r definitely on my mod list
Thnx karim for the informative threads.
Thanks bro. Glad you like it!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by floridaBMW
I love the gt2 skirts, they look great.

Ken
Thanks Ken. After having them installed, I'm so glad I went with them and not with another model. They add an aggressive look and fill out the sides nicely all the while remaining subtle and classy.

Originally Posted by TTdude
Look'n good Karim. Nicely accents the car!
Thanks Dave. So glad you like 'em. Specially coming from you my friend.

Originally Posted by xsbc63x
looks great!
Thanks man!

Last edited by k_ddsl; 02-02-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Looking good man... Always loved the GT2 sideskirts. Did them on my RS as well...
Thanks bro. Love 'em too. Although I must say, Kermit is one of the nicest P-cars on here!

Originally Posted by speed21
Hey Karim. I must say they do like very nice indeedy!!. Were these a DIY job or too hard to fit? And the title of the episode TQFSI.....very very clever ....yet so very very true .

So.. your particular QFSI remains a work in progress eh? Oh well, dont forget to let us all know when that pot is finally near empty . I think that type 1 lip is going to set it all off very nicely!! + help that quest along a bit further for you . And dont worry...you will get there.
Hey Paul. Thanks for the compliment.
I got these from Suncoast unprimed. They needed to be primed and painted at a body shop here so I just had them do the install as well, so no DYI.
Priming, painting and installation cost me a grand total of $100/-!

On the QFSI issue, fortunately, I had a wizard cast a replenishment spell on the pot. Unfortunately, the outflow into the drain is somewhat bigger than the inflow from the faucet these days, and on more than one front.

The CF Lip has been shipped. It should be here and installed shortly. I then plan on going out on a proper photo shoot along with some of my friends and their cars. Will post 'em as I get 'em.

Cheers Paul and thanks for all your support and encouragement. Means a lot to me.

Last edited by k_ddsl; 02-02-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Karim that looks great! Nice work... Dam berry was too small to enjoy the pics.
Now you should consider a set of spacers in the back at least. Or 15 in the back and 5 in the front?

Here is the idea, 15mm (or 17 i dont recall) in the back, none in the front!

Sorry to hear the funnel seems inverted, I guess its global. That is always a ***** of a realization to make. I wish (for all of us) it flips back real soon!

Last edited by dianic; 02-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
The CF Lip has been shipped. It should be here and installed shortly. I then plan on going out on a proper photo shoot along with some of my friends and their cars. Will post 'em as I get 'em.
let me know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Side Skirts Installed... Pix Inside