997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

wheel spacers quote...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
wheel spacers quote...

I got a quote for the installation of a 5mm wheel spacer kit on my car and it sounds like a lot of money for the job: $595 (parts and labor). What do you think?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Norman75
I got a quote for the installation of a 5mm wheel spacer kit on my car and it sounds like a lot of money for the job: $595 (parts and labor). What do you think?
Assuming you have a jack, a wrench, wheel hanger guide and a screwdriver, the install is nothing. OEM spacer kit is expensive - try the FVD website or Tire Rack and others for less expensive alternatives. If I lived nearby I'd do it for free it's that easy.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Assuming you have a jack, a wrench, wheel hanger guide and a screwdriver, the install is nothing. OEM spacer kit is expensive - try the FVD website or Tire Rack and others for less expensive alternatives. If I lived nearby I'd do it for free it's that easy.
I agree, very easy to do. If you like to give away money I have a paypal account you can sent it to.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Unfortunately I live in Manhattan and except for the screwdriver have none of these useful tools..:-( I was thinking of getting OEM parts but I'll check out the website. Thx for the answer

Old 02-02-2011, 02:49 PM
dr john is infamous around these parts
Search for H&R spacers they are excellent quality. Any tire store can install them quickly and at a fair price.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:06 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
rss one of the best for $70 i think

Old 02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Whats the price break down? How much are they charging you for labor?

Thats roughly a max of 1hr job, taking your time. Dealer's would probably charge you 1hr per corner.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche997TT
Whats the price break down? How much are they charging you for labor?

Thats roughly a max of 1hr job, taking your time. Dealer's would probably charge you 1hr per corner.
I know that the quote says that it is a 1 hour job, I dont have the exact price break down though.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
If that price quote is for 4 (5mm) spacers, RSS sells them $125/pr or $250/4, choice of silver or black color.

I know Manhattan is expensive but $345 for an hour's worth of effort is still pretty high.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
$430 MSRP for the Porsche 5mm spacer kit plus an hour labor gets you close to $595. As pointed out, there are less expensive alternatives.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Thx for the tips I didn't think that the OEM spacers where so much more expensive than after market alternatives..

Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Norman75
Thx for the tips I didn't think that the OEM spacers where so much more expensive than after market alternatives..
You can buy them for less - http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=997S_wheelacc

Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 PM
thx for the link.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Some wheel spacer kits come with long wheel bolts. If you can't turn the bolt 8 times or more, get longer bolts along w/ spacers, so throw in the cost of the bolts when comparing prices.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
It is our opinion that you must always use longer bolts when installing spacers. Always.
But 5mm seems hardly worth the effort for nearly $600.
Get an H&R kit with bolts and choose the spacer kit that really fills up the fenders. Then you will be happy.
There are many guys on 6Speed that can tell you exactly the best combination of spacers for the look you want, and will even post pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wheel spacers quote...