997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Is this too much $$ for car audio upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Daniel Leung is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Infamous 997
I believe he was quoted for a bit one processor from Audison. It has time alignment, 8 channel in with 32 band eq on every channel and 8 channels out with 32 band on those also. I have the processor in my Cayenne. BTW aside from having an RTA the shop better have an Oscilloscope also. Here is a pic of the audio work done in my Cayenne. All the equipment is Audison Thesis. If you want to listen to it just give me a holler Daniel.. I will come to you if you want.

yes, it is the Audison BitOne that is $1,000 and Audison LRX5.1 that is $1,500. do you mind to let me know what is the rest of your system?

it will be great to meet you in person and listen to your system. we can figure out the time next weekend. I am 15 minutes away from the GW bridge.

thanks
Daniel

Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I believe 6speed member Kafka was in the process of getting the Audison system installed in his 997tt. He started a thread but it hasn't been updated in a while. I've been awaiting his "review" and will follow this thread with interest too.

I'm like the OP and am considered an "audio nut" as well as a car enthusiast. I have been out of the car audio scene for many years so don't really know what progress has been made but it does sound like exciting times based on what little I've heard about the Audison/Hertz stuff.

10k is a lot of money but I've got over 40k in just my front speakers so if it's a worthwhile investment in the car from a results point of view I'd at least consider it.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Infamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura aboutInfamous 997 has a spectacular aura about
Audison thesis three way setup in the front
Originally Posted by Daniel Leung
yes, it is the Audison BitOne that is $1,000 and Audison LRX5.1 that is $1,500. do you mind to let me know what is the rest of your system?

it will be great to meet you in person and listen to your system. we can figure out the time next weekend. I am 15 minutes away from the GW bridge.

thanks
Daniel

Audison two way component in rear doors

Audison hv venti amplifier

Audison thesis quattro amplifier

Audison thesis UNO amplifier

Audison thesis subs.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 AM
roppy5 is infamous around these parts
I spent a lil over $7k on a system upgrade a few months ago. It was a bit expensive to say the least but for me it was worth it. It's a Porsche so you should, if you're going to do it, put in something that fits the car. For me, it's great for those nights going out. For the purist, you can always turn the stereo off and listen to the engine. I just installed an EP1 and I do enjoy that sound as well.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Hi,

I was trying to do the car audio up grade, add Italian Hertz speakers, audison processor and amplifier. rewiring, etc. Some one quote me a 40 hours of labor and is $3,000- does the labor costs sound to much. the whole thing is now like a little over 10k? is this too much to spend on card audio system?

pls let me know your thoughts?

Tks
DL
~ 2.5 yr ago I had an Alpine unit (w-505) installed plus changed all my speakers. Added an Audison 900w amp (I will look for model #) and separate 300w Alpine amp for the oem sub woofer. I crisp & loud music but i also wanted blue tooth & Sirius that the oem unit didn't have (2004). Spent close to $9k (yes labor was about $3k +) - was steep but after spending alpot on the car I just rationalized it ... End of the day I am happy I did. The pain of the cost went away and I do think i would do it again.

Good luck
Al
<!-- / message -->

Old 02-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Alcav5
~ 2.5 yr ago I had an Alpine unit (w-505) installed plus changed all my speakers. Added an Audison 900w amp (I will look for model #) and separate 300w Alpine amp for the oem sub woofer. I crisp & loud music but i also wanted blue tooth & Sirius that the oem unit didn't have (2004). Spent close to $9k (yes labor was about $3k +) - was steep but after spending alpot on the car I just rationalized it ... End of the day I am happy I did. The pain of the cost went away and I do think i would do it again.

Good luck
Al
<!-- / message -->

I am sure your system sounds great!! yeah, I know I won't regret up grading the sound system. may be I should just shop around and compare different brands and options b4 I make the final move

tks
DL

Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by Alcav5

Good luck
Al
<!-- / message -->

Hi Al,

well said, the pain of the costs will eventually go away.

DL

Old 02-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I believe 6speed member Kafka was in the process of getting the Audison system installed in his 997tt. He started a thread but it hasn't been updated in a while. I've been awaiting his "review" and will follow this thread with interest too.

I'm like the OP and am considered an "audio nut" as well as a car enthusiast. I have been out of the car audio scene for many years so don't really know what progress has been made but it does sound like exciting times based on what little I've heard about the Audison/Hertz stuff.

10k is a lot of money but I've got over 40k in just my front speakers so if it's a worthwhile investment in the car from a results point of view I'd at least consider it.
yes, audison and hertz are great stuffs but I am also a man with many expenisve hobbies, got to work harder to make more money to keep up with theese toys!!

DL

Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
technik1 is infamous around these parts
997 Audio

Hello

I am a sponsor here. I have a shop in Manhattan. We specialize in Porsche and other exotics. We have extensive experience in mobile AND home hi end audio, as well as performance tuning and how car chassis and exhaust sound effects sound pressure and tonal balance at speed.

We are authorized Audison/HERTZ, DynAudio, Focal Utopia Be, McIntosh etc.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss options. www.technik1.com

Gus

technik 1

Last edited by technik1; 02-08-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Additions
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
40hrs is on the high end, try tecknic1 on 28th street, gus knows his stuff and won't f you
They are board sponsors as well

Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
the Boss system that comes with the car is just ok. yes, I love the engone tarring sound but I also enjoy misuc when I am driving

Daniel
daniel:
I did that...once. I do have an audiophile setup at home, but IMO, a car is not the place for it.. You know what they say about BOSE..no highs, no lows.

You can spend about 5K and have a wonderful sound system in your Porsche....And as they said, you have to be prepared to get nothing for it on trade in or figure the cost to put it back to stock

Last edited by mikegee; 02-09-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by mikegee
daniel:
I did that...once. I do have an audiophile setup at home, but IMO, a car is not the place for it.. You know what they say about BOSE..no highs, no lows.

You can spend about 5K and have a wonderful sound system in your Porsche....And as they said, you have to be prepared to get nothing for it on trade in or figure the cost to put it back to stock

Hi Mike,

yes, a car is absolutely not a place for me to spend 10k for the stereo system - IMO. I think I can accept 5K for the stereo system including labor but absolutely max. I am not going to bother to put the stock back when I sell the car one day. so far, I am still very happy with the car and I believe I will still drive it for the next 3 years. money will be well spent then - hopefully

DL

Old 02-10-2011, 09:43 AM
AgentSteel is infamous around these parts
If you have to ask the question, the answer is usually yes.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by technik1
Hello

I am a sponsor here. I have a shop in Manhattan. We specialize in Porsche and other exotics. We have extensive experience in mobile AND home hi end audio, as well as performance tuning and how car chassis and exhaust sound effects sound pressure and tonal balance at speed.

We are authorized Audison/HERTZ, DynAudio, Focal Utopia Be, McIntosh etc.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss options. www.technik1.com

Gus

technik 1
You need to simplify your website, its difficult as hell, just a thought

Old 05-16-2012, 01:33 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

I just up graded to the GMG exhaust system like 2 months ago. I also just ordered the Misha911 carbon fiber add-on wings and the HRE P40s wheels. they shod be here in 2 weeks. I was think to do the GiAC software up grade this summer. i love music and I am willing to spend money on the equipment but $10k on a car is kind of too much especially $3k just for labor
for that setup you overpaying.You can get alot better system for your money.
Unexpected creations in NJ is shop who i did my system with and they are top notch with very good prices.
Try contact them.The owner name is Don 732-572 1969

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this too much $$ for car audio upgrade