997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

CPO'ed 911 Turbo with accident history - Has anyone seen this before?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:05 PM
TerrorByte is infamous around these parts
CPO'ed 911 Turbo with accident history - Has anyone seen this before?

Hi All,

I came across a CPO'ed 911 Turbo that had previously been involved in an accident. This seemed unusual to me - Has anyone else seen this before?

There is no detailed information readily available on the severity of the accident.

I'm thinking that since I plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time, if the car test drives OK and the price was reduced to reflect the added risk and decreased resale value when buying a vehicle with accident history, it could be a good way get into a 911 Turbo for less.

Thoughts?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-06-2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: not enough posts and not in open forum
Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
Yep, unfortunately they can still certify them. It's not right but most reputable dealers won't do such a thing. Of course the accident would have to be something minor or it couldn't pass certification... This is why you always do the best due diligence possible before purchasing. If I was you I'd move on down the road. There are other cars out there that won't come back to haunt you with documented damage history. It's not a good deal especially without a record of exactly what happened. You'd be much better off paying a bit more and having security. Then you'll get it back when you decide to sell. You may not be able to sell this thing.

Last edited by Ted; 02-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerrorByte
Hi All,

I came across a CPO'ed 911 Turbo that had previously been involved in an accident. This seemed unusual to me - Has anyone else seen this before?

There is no detailed information readily available on the severity of the accident.

I'm thinking that since I plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time, if the car test drives OK and the price was reduced to reflect the added risk and decreased resale value when buying a vehicle with accident history, it could be a good way get into a 911 Turbo for less.

Thoughts?
Would it happen to be a black/black '08 Turbo?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
TerrorByte is infamous around these parts
Nope, it was a Blue / Gray Turbo. It looks like it was sold already so the search continues...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:53 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
In my opinion...If you're looking to find one in a lower price range I'd look at a well-maintained higher mileage vehicle. I realize things happen and minor damage can be easily fixed but the fact that it shows some negative history may not be worth it.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:42 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Quantum
Would it happen to be a black/black '08 Turbo?