997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 GT2 Boost/power problem Tuners please chime in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:27 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Make sure you have the most current version of Durametric. You should be able to datalog more than 2 variables at once.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 PM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Originally Posted by TTdude
Make sure you have the most current version of Durametric. You should be able to datalog more than 2 variables at once.
TT Thanks ,

I will try to datalog the car with the new version once im out of office..

Old 02-08-2011, 04:39 AM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
Last month...
So, did it started sometime after change of plugs ,if yeas I would think that one of divaiter valves vacuum houses is leaking .

Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 PM
RUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really niceRUF QTR is just really nice
Thumbs up

**Update**
I spent around an hour or so testing the car back and forth 2nd , 3rd ,4th gear...
After my second run after a cold start i experianced the problem once in 2nd and twice in 3rd...

After that i spent more than an hour running the car back and forth 2-3-4th gear back and forth!! and the problem dissappeard .. I did datalog the car and have seen nothing abnormal...
My conclusion might be .. since ive been running the car for quite a bit with the cracked exhaust manifolds the ecu got adapted to running the car with the cracked headers?? I.e running very rich , working the turbins harder etc...
Then when i installed the new headers it took a while for the ecu to adapt??

Big thanks to all who chimed in trying to help

Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Great news

I wonder how do u get RSTuning headers cracked?

RS and most of euro tuners Always claim that they offer best quality

Old 02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Mabrook glad to hear that

Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RUF QTR
After that i spent more than an hour running the car back and forth 2-3-4th gear back and forth!! and the problem dissappeard .. I did datalog the car and have seen nothing abnormal...
My conclusion might be .. since ive been running the car for quite a bit with the cracked exhaust manifolds the ecu got adapted to running the car with the cracked headers?? I.e running very rich , working the turbins harder etc...
Then when i installed the new headers it took a while for the ecu to adapt??

Big thanks to all who chimed in trying to help
Not sure I quite follow the reasoning here but hey if that solved the problem then that's great. I would think with cracked headers your car would have felt more laggy than it does now?

Old 02-09-2011, 01:08 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Great news

rs work with cargraphic.....I believe cargraphic is supplier of headers and their quality is not good at all.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Great news

The headers are supplied by cargraphic with RS tuning lengths and specs etc , I beleive cargrapgic have 2 types of headers a normal and a racing version , My new headers that they supplied under warranty are much more thick and have a cleaner finnish than the old ones..

My car saw almost 2000 track miles within less than a year , and a 15,000km road trip this summer blasting through the autobahn at very high speeds..

i suppose they gave up at that point
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
yalmutawa , allah ybark feek , after i took someone for a ride in my car the problem dissappeard... i guess you know what i mean ...

Not sure I quite follow the reasoning here but hey if that solved the problem then that's great. I would think with cracked headers your car would have felt more laggy than it does now?
Yeah its very strange , yes the car was a little more laggy with the cracked headers and felt that it had a limiter of some sort before hitting full boost..

Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
rs work with cargraphic.....I believe cargraphic is supplier of headers and their quality is not good at all.
Yeah cargrapgic headers quality are not that good , but the new ones they sent looked much better than the old ones and are thicker..

Old 02-09-2011, 01:25 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
Exactly.

RS Tuning ≠ Cargraphic

Old 02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
yalmutawa , allah ybark feek , after i took someone for a ride in my car the problem dissappeard... i guess you know what i mean ...
LAMFO i absolutely know

Old 02-12-2011, 07:15 AM
**Update**

went to the track today , the problem was not there when driving towards the track...
but after one lap the problem returned , I noticed that the problem happens 99% of the time when the turbos are spooling to reach full boost... them suddenly the car stop boosting , maximim boost was .3 bar the car was running like its on 1 cyclinders.. i drove the car for 3 or 4 laps to see if the problem is consistant and yes max was .3 bar

I turned the car off , then when driving back home the problem is gone!!!! the boost was normal for a bit , then it went back to the same problem that i experianced at first , at around 3500-4000 rpm the car feels like its on limp mode then runs fine @1.4 bar till redline..

I checked for fault codes and it turned out P3402 Turbo charger overboost condition upper limit value exceeded....

What would the fault code be hinting??

I got the new Durametric and will datalog the car as soon as i can..

any thoughts ???

Old 02-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Are you sure it's not an actuator issue? See attached notice.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Turbo Actuator W902.pdf (311.3 KB, 105 views)
Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Are you sure it's not an actuator issue? See attached notice.
its rather unlikely since i already did the actuator service on the car..