997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aerokit Spoiler Lip and GT2 Sill Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 PM
mllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant future
Aerokit Spoiler Lip and GT2 Sill Kit Installed

Back home (Motorplex) from a 6 week trip to the body shop for a sorely needed paint correction/detail/repair of rock chips, minor dings, and to install/paint the Aerokit front spoiler lip, GT2 lower trim sill kit, and the rear diffuser (I'll try and get better pics with sunlight later this week):

Paint and body work now done, exhaust upgraded, stance (springs, sways and alignment), intake and underdrive pulley all done... Now the search for wheels/tires continues, and ECU tune next!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
How come everyone's garage looks so neat and clean? Does everyone clean their garage before taking pictures of their cars?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
I like it alot! How much lower is the front spoiler (lip) as I assume it is the aero lip?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice setup +1!
after seeing this i am considering the same, thnx to u mllarson

Last edited by SpunkyQ8; 02-08-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 AM
bumperpip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
How come everyone's garage looks so neat and clean? Does everyone clean their garage before taking pictures of their cars?
.....and in Minnesota....in winter!!! Yeah, how DO you keep it clean ?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Daniel Leung is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bumperpip
.....and in Minnesota....in winter!!! Yeah, how DO you keep it clean ?
I guess that was the body shop where he did the paint job?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 AM
Daniel Leung is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drsullivan
I like it alot! How much lower is the front spoiler (lip) as I assume it is the aero lip?

do you mind to tell me where did you get the front spoiler and side skirt? I was thinking to upgrade mine too?

Tks
DAniel

Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Daniel Leung
do you mind to tell me where did you get the front spoiler and side skirt? I was thinking to upgrade mine too?

Tks
DAniel

suncoast sells it, front lip is expensive, its like $700 or so and side skirts are same (approx $700) but it definitely dresses up the car yet keeps it oem looking. very nice mods for sure

Old 02-08-2011, 06:46 AM
mllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant future
Thank you all -

The trick to a clean garage (especially in Minnesota) is to have two: One for the junk and the daily drivers, and one for the toys... The one pictured above, I purchased, and continue to build out, last year at a Motorplex (Car Condo) just outside Minneapolis (there is a great thread about this place in the garage forum, by member HIRISC, as he builds out his "workshop/mancave": https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...age-condo.html).

It was cold enough here in MN yesterday (-2 degrees F) that the roads were super clean to drive it the 30 miles between the bodywork shop and my car condo. Nothing like PS2's in the cold... It was like driving on four hockey pucks

The lip is the factory Turbo Aerokit Spoiler Lip (from the Aerokit #997-044-802-06), the GT2 side sills are also factory. I picked them both up at Suncoast.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
ImolaMS is infamous around these parts
Hey Max,

the car is looking great!!! We just joined the ranks of 997tt owners yesterday with our own shop car. It will be an EVT775 by the time spring rolls around.

Looking forward to seeing your car in the summer

Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mllarson
Thank you all -

The trick to a clean garage (especially in Minnesota) is to have two: One for the junk and the daily drivers, and one for the toys... The one pictured above, I purchased, and continue to build out, last year at a Motorplex (Car Condo) just outside Minneapolis (there is a great thread about this place in the garage forum, by member HIRISC, as he builds out his "workshop/mancave": https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...age-condo.html).

It was cold enough here in MN yesterday (-2 degrees F) that the roads were super clean to drive it the 30 miles between the bodywork shop and my car condo. Nothing like PS2's in the cold... It was like driving on four hockey pucks

The lip is the factory Turbo Aerokit Spoiler Lip (from the Aerokit #997-044-802-06), the GT2 side sills are also factory. I picked them both up at Suncoast.
Congrats, she's a beauty but be very careful as your front lip will be all scratched up quicker than you think... Mine is all scratched up and I had it all cleared bra too. Im considering a nose-lift now...

Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Looks outstanding. Nice choice.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
lol, I guess you haven't seen mine.

But yes, I've noticed that as well.

OP, nice car and nice clean garage, you want to come help me out, I've been meaning to take some pics of my garage.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mllarson
Thank you all -

The trick to a clean garage (especially in Minnesota) is to have two: One for the junk and the daily drivers, and one for the toys...
Oh boy, I can see this now:
Honey, I need another garage.
Oh? You'll need another house to go with it because that's where you'll be living.
Can I take the dogs?
You'll have to ask my lawyer!

Nope, that's not going to fly very high. I guess I'll just live with a dirty, over-crowded garage.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Alzaabi is infamous around these parts
Looks great.