997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Unique Azure Blue Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gj325
I almost orderd that color. I ended up with PTS Azzurro California Blue. I did list that as my 2nd choice.

My car is built and should be on the boat. was finished on Feb 3 but no news if left yet. Been waiting 367 days since Original order date!!!!!!!!

i can't believe that time lag on the PTS - i amtoying with a PTS for the lastof the 997.2 turbo's. still on the fence

any particular reason on the wait?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
pepper1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thebland
It's being delivered next week! Too bad there's a foot of snow on the ground!!
You'll love it. Fantastic color. They have an ice blue S cab coming in next. Did you get it from Chris? Or Joe? Have gotten a few Pcars from Chris. Great guy to work with. Congrats and have fun. I'm still in the hunt myself.

Last edited by pepper1; 02-09-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
boltnbrew is infamous around these parts
Dig that blue for sure! PTS rocks!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Looks great...congrats on a very nice ride!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i can't believe that time lag on the PTS - i amtoying with a PTS for the lastof the 997.2 turbo's. still on the fence

any particular reason on the wait?
Orig Ordered Ice Blue on Feb Of 2010 in Late July was told Ice Blue wouldn't be painted until 2012 so I switched to PTS on Aug 8th in late Oct I was told hey you can have Ice Blue but I decided to stay with PTS Azzurro California Blue. My orig build date was Dec 10 but that has been pushed back 3 times final build date was Feb 3 rd so now the real wait has begun. Actually started trying to order a Turbo in Dec of 09 so this has been a good wait. The wait has cost me some money. I keep adding extras to the build. The car should be here in March I turn 50 in March so it will be a fun filled birthday month for me

I think the normal wait for PTS is 4-5 months.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:18 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thebland
It is a non-metallic, vintage color from an older Porsche era... What do you think?? Only one in the USA.
I signed in just to say what a gorgeous looking car this is. Stunning especially with yellow brake. I love it!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Prettiest color I've ever seen on a 911.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:30 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the others - great color!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Boring

Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Awesome color!!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
I love it...great color.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Originally Posted by pepper1
You'll love it. Fantastic color. They have an ice blue S cab coming in next. Did you get it from Chris? Or Joe? Have gotten a few Pcars from Chris. Great guy to work with. Congrats and have fun. I'm still in the hunt myself.
Hey,

Small world!! I talked to Joe today and he mentioned you were a client. I'm having them clear bra it and getting a cover and have an install at home set up for a Passport 9500 CI... I'm going to need it I'm afraid.

Good luck with your search! These guys have so far, taken good care of me.

Apparently someone came in a couple days ago wanting to buy the car... fortunately, I had my deposit in and accepted.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
Thsanks guys!

Blue is a favorite and I wanted something a bit more unusual this time. My previous P cars have been flat black and Ocean Blu Metallic. Great colors, but wanted something new and the vintage look is great and as this car is soon to become vintage, I thought it a bit appropriate.

The lines on the 997.2 are unmistakably classic (and so is this vintage Porsche color).

I'll post more pix when it arrives!

Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gj325
Orig Ordered Ice Blue on Feb Of 2010 in Late July was told Ice Blue wouldn't be painted until 2012 so I switched to PTS on Aug 8th in late Oct I was told hey you can have Ice Blue but I decided to stay with PTS Azzurro California Blue. My orig build date was Dec 10 but that has been pushed back 3 times final build date was Feb 3 rd so now the real wait has begun. Actually started trying to order a Turbo in Dec of 09 so this has been a good wait. The wait has cost me some money. I keep adding extras to the build. The car should be here in March I turn 50 in March so it will be a fun filled birthday month for me

I think the normal wait for PTS is 4-5 months.
i was told that the March build would be bumped to May if i went PTS - i suspect there might be delays, but with the shift to the newer models, maybe they would meet it?

if i PTS, it will be Umber - from the Cayenne line

Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i was told that the March build would be bumped to May if i went PTS - i suspect there might be delays, but with the shift to the newer models, maybe they would meet it?

if i PTS, it will be Umber - from the Cayenne line
Wife has Cayenne Umber with Umber interior it is a very nice combo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unique Azure Blue Turbo S