997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

embarrassed moment with my cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy embarrassed moment with my cars

hey folks,

First off, I wanna say I just had a bottle of red wine.
I am not sure if I should keep my TT. I hardly drives it. 130k USD residue, I can do a lot of things with that money. I drive my 11 C63 most of the time now. Due to the traffic environment here in Taipei. I gotta say the happy moments are very short. 90% of the time I am stuck in traffic and I am quite fed up with stick. The other 10% is pure FUN! Nothing beats a perfect shift . I know PDK will never have the throw in gear sensation. Anyway, I bought a C63 4 moths ago. The face lift is coming out this summer. ( A huge change actually ) MCT, interior changes, headlights, rears, etc. I always want a dual clutch car. 997.2's upgrades are not that attractive just the PDK. Speaking of the exterior changes, 996, 997, 997.2. Only P car enthusiast can see the difference.

1. Keep the TT until the 991 turbo gets out in 2013/14
2. Trade in the TT for a 10 PDK 997 C4S used. 51k for it
3. If I change to C4S PDK. I loose 100hp right there. C4S will be slower than my dd C63. I also gotta pay 51k for it.
4. use the 51k to get a boxster s? always want an open top!

5. I actually likes E90 M3 DCT better than the C63. Handling feedback is a lot better, DCT is much more responsive than C63's auto. Again, the E90/92 M3 are going to change very soon. 2012/13. I bought the C63 because of the acceleration/beautiful exhaust note.

sorry, I brought this up all the time. I am just really confused what I should really do. Even a Turbo S looks so identical than a regular 997 TT. With that money I can buy myself a LP570/California

Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Doesn't sound like you're in love with your P-Car, probably because you don't really get to drive it the way it was intended. Your driving conditions won't change no matter what you buy, so stick with something that will make you happy. Sounds like M3 DCT Convertible for you...

Old 02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by europeankar
hey folks,

First off, I wanna say I just had a bottle of red wine.
I am not sure if I should keep my TT. I hardly drives it. 130k USD residue, I can do a lot of things with that money. I drive my 11 C63 most of the time now. Due to the traffic environment here in Taipei. I gotta say the happy moments are very short. 90% of the time I am stuck in traffic and I am quite fed up with stick. The other 10% is pure FUN! Nothing beats a perfect shift . I know PDK will never have the throw in gear sensation. Anyway, I bought a C63 4 moths ago. The face lift is coming out this summer. ( A huge change actually ) MCT, interior changes, headlights, rears, etc. I always want a dual clutch car. 997.2's upgrades are not that attractive just the PDK. Speaking of the exterior changes, 996, 997, 997.2. Only P car enthusiast can see the difference.

1. Keep the TT until the 991 turbo gets out in 2013/14
2. Trade in the TT for a 10 PDK 997 C4S used. 51k for it
3. If I change to C4S PDK. I loose 100hp right there. C4S will be slower than my dd C63. I also gotta pay 51k for it.
4. use the 51k to get a boxster s? always want an open top!

5. I actually likes E90 M3 DCT better than the C63. Handling feedback is a lot better, DCT is much more responsive than C63's auto. Again, the E90/92 M3 are going to change very soon. 2012/13. I bought the C63 because of the acceleration/beautiful exhaust note.

sorry, I brought this up all the time. I am just really confused what I should really do. Even a Turbo S looks so identical than a regular 997 TT. With that money I can buy myself a LP570/California
Doesn't sound like you have made a lot of progress about your decision over the past few weeks.

I don't have any suggestions. However, I did notice that the cars that you have mentioned...Ferrari California, Lambo LP570, Boxster S, M3, 997 C4S...all completely different cars.

What are you looking for in a car? Are you looking for performance? Are you looking for handling? Are you looking for style? Are you looking for convenience?

b

Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
europeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura abouteuropeankar has a spectacular aura about
Bob,

Well, I want a PDK, DCT, F1 tranny car. I am spoiled by TT and C63's HP/TQ. I gotta admit nobody will regret their car got too much HP. Including me. I like handling a lot. I loved my Cayman S. Lack of HP and it was a TIP. I am in a situation that I am stuck on not much cars that I can change to. If I got lots of cash, LP and California are my goal. But I gotta face the reality that I cannot afford unless I sell both cars and get the LP or California. ( which I don't want to since I want a regular daily driver ) Speaking of style, 997.1.2 GT3/GT2 are about it. They don't look as WOW as before. Even I see a turbo S I know that thing is smoking fast and etc, etc. I think with the same money. A used LP or California will look more " BLING " than a TT S. Despite of all these, 991 is coming out! Even the regular Carrera and S will look more " special " than a 997. Ahh. I really don't know!

C63, no point to change for the MCT, interior, head and rear lights. I'll get huge hit on depreciation
997 C4S, I am consider this but lack of HP and it looks 90% identical than my TT
M3, got handling and DCT. It's gonna change soon as well. Body style is out since 05

Boxster S, again 988 will definitely be much better and more unique

Conclusion, I am in Taiwan. My choices are very narrow and people here buy cars by their value. If I am in states now, I'd be driving a 2011 Turbo S or even a LP.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:09 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
2012 GT-R?

Has very very good power and acceleration, double clutch transmission. Practical, 4 seats, trunk. Tunable. Relatively rare. Very good handling.

Audi R8 V10?

Pretty good power, automated transmission (but not double clutch), available as a convertible.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 PM
bensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to beholdbensto is a splendid one to behold
why dont you buy a freaking nissan maxima and quit your moaning. LOL. really?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
WTF! Have you forgotten this is a 997tt forum? EPC... matey you really need to stay well away from that grog. No sense thinking about anything if you dont have the money....just be happy and thankful with what you got or just sell it and put the money in the bank and use public transport. And btw did you get your TT going yet with the clutch etc?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
You are not the only one who feels that you bought a car that can't be driven the way you hoped because of either the roads , the parking, the traffic, or the the other drivers who share the road but have no courtesy .

If you can't even drive it on an occasional enjoyable drive why keep it ?
Why not just accept that that having a nice car is just not working out for you ?

Even the PDK --what good is it in unfavorable driving ?
The more you spend to have the car the more frustrating it can become to look at it and not enjoy it .

So why not sell it and save the money ?

You can always travel and rent an exotic car. You can even move if it means that much . I personally would not move just to drive a car but I did move to Florida 30 years ago because i always wanted to swim year round in warm climate outdoors.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:50 AM
bumperpip is infamous around these parts
Another bottle of red should do the trick. In wine is truth. Or something. Cheers.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
WTF! Have you forgotten this is a 997tt forum? EPC... matey you really need to stay well away from that grog. No sense thinking about anything if you dont have the money....just be happy and thankful with what you got or just sell it and put the money in the bank and use public transport. And btw did you get your TT going yet with the clutch etc?
Thanks Paul, I totally agree with you. Yes I got the clutch thing fixed up. It runs very nice now.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
se i always wanted to swim year round in warm climate outdoors.
thanks yrralis1, you are always been very helpful. It's a pleasure to you have on 6 speed.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:45 PM
986WANG is infamous around these parts
I have lived in Taipei for the past 5 years and can attest to the traffic, speeding cameras, and lack of any chance to drive a performance car at greater than 1/2 of its true potential. The car scene in Taipei is definitely style over performance. Quarter mile / 0-60 times don't mean much. The bling factor and having a beautiful car is more important. Porsche is pretty common here. All 997 varieties look similar to non porsche enthusiasts. My advice would be to buy a used Lambo Gallardo or F430 Ferrari. The 458 Italia has just been released and the 991 will be due for a make over late this year. Sell your 997 TT and C63 now before they depreciate further. Pick up a F430 Ferrari and a used Porsche Cayenne (mercedes S class or BMW 7 series) for daily driving. These two cars are the best combination for Taipei. I picked up a new 7 series last year for the wife and kids so I cam enjoy living with impractical sportscars in Taipei. Life is short. Do what ever makes you happy. Money can be always be made but you are only young once. You won't be looking at Ferraris or Lambos 10 years from now. You'd probably be looking for Aston martins or bentleys by then......

Old 02-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
^^So what you are saying is its poseurs paradise in taipei......style over substance....bling city.....the land of the long lost ****** etc. OMG!! Then if that is truly the case then i would definately sell up the cars and put the coin in the bank....use it to make more money to escape to somewhere else. Catch public transport and smile..

Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Thank you!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Paul, It is Asia, things are pretty different. Oh well. Ummm..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: embarrassed moment with my cars