997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dancing to a Different Tune: New 6speedonline 997.2TT PDK (w/ stock turbos) Record :D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Awesome stuff brotha!!

I hear all this negativity regarding our .2 engine being "weaker" but I haven't seen any proof of it yet. I cannot say it's stronger than the .1 but I will also not say it's weaker.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Chris
Awesome stuff brotha!!

I hear all this negativity regarding our .2 engine being "weaker" but I haven't seen any proof of it yet. I cannot say it's stronger than the .1 but I will also not say it's weaker.
The truth is, when a 997.2 engine is putting down over 900 HP to the wheels on stock internals and running 4.25 60-130s like the .1 engine has, only then will I consider it equally as bulletproof.

Until then, it's all speculation.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-13-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The truth is, when a 997.2 engine is putting down over 900 HP to the wheels on stock internals and running 4.25 60-130s like the .1 engine has, only then will I consider it equally as bulletproof.

I think we have to give it time. The .2 engine is still relatively new and it's life cycle is coming to a quicker end as opposed to the .1 (there arn't as many .2's to work on as there are .1's)

The .1 engine was once new as well and it's not like 900HP was slapped on the day after it debut. Yes specualtion is right and that's why I don't understand how people can just come out and state the .2 is weaker.
All I'm saying is to give it a chance before making conclusions.

Last edited by TT Chris; 02-13-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Awesome stuff brotha!!

My 997.1 ran a 7.33 60-130 in the 60 degree weather on 93 octain with just a tune and exhaust, no filter or intercoolers. I also had 1 shift were the PDK does not, so mod for mod I would say the .1 has the edge. These are the fastest 997.2 Ive seen and the 0-300 times are crazy good.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Incredible run, nice job Karim!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Karim
Congratulations on a very fast time! Keep pushing the envelope!
Robert

Old 02-13-2011, 06:47 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Hey Karim! Nice to see those times. Congrats. Really great for stock turbos and a big step in the right direction. How much boost are you running? Now if you only had put those .2ICs back on...

Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Excellent, Karim! Great post as usual

Old 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Again, so what?

Man, just take a chill pill... I did not say my car is the most powerful car in the world...
That would be your car because you are the strongest and bestest and mightiest...

See where this is going?
You forgot to mention he's got the biggest *****...

Great results Karim. What's next on the agenda? Unfortunately, when you start down this road there's always something 'next on the agenda'.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
My 997.1 ran a 7.33 60-130 in the 60 degree weather on 93 octain with just a tune and exhaust, no filter or intercoolers. I also had 1 shift were the PDK does not, so mod for mod I would say the .1 has the edge. These are the fastest 997.2 Ive seen and the 0-300 times are crazy good.
+1

28.9 second 0-300 km/h time is fantastic!

bob

Old 02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
Again, so what?

Man, just take a chill pill... I did not say my car is the most powerful car in the world...
That would be your car because you are the strongest and bestest and mightiest...

See where this is going?

congrats Karim, your car is a rocket

Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
they are different runs not only one. His best was 6.13 and as you know you can achieve better 100-200 rolling from 80kmh. Great numbers Karim and hopefully you will see better timing once your car get out of the plastic surgeon
with couple KG shaved out
Thanks bro. Can't wait for that weight to come off!

Originally Posted by yalmutawa
karrim cool down and congrats for the fantastic result concentrait and wait for shotcaller to leave a neg comment soon
tic tok tic tok !
I'm cool bro and thanks.

Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8
Awesome runs bro Congrats!!
I'm so happy for u.. Scratch naggers off and enjoy ur results.
U R THE FASTEST PDK TURBO up to now, Record holder u r
I'm pretty sure u will run faster with the new shoes on
Thanks bro! Your support throughout this was indispensable.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:27 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Awesome stuff brotha!!

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

I think we have to give it time. The .2 engine is still relatively new and it's life cycle is coming to a quicker end as opposed to the .1 (there arn't as many .2's to work on as there are .1's)

The .1 engine was once new as well and it's not like 900HP was slapped on the day after it debut. Yes specualtion is right and that's why I don't understand how people can just come out and state the .2 is weaker.
All I'm saying is to give it a chance before making conclusions.
Thanks Chris!
It seems to be a consensus that the .2 engine will not live up to be as strong as the .1 engine. But then again, it's nothing that some stronger pistons and rods can't cure.
For PDK cars, the bigger hurdle is the gearbox anyway.
Should there be a PDK upgrade that allows the box to handle power beyond the limits of the engine, and should I chose to go for that kind of power, then stronger internals would make me feel better regardless.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Thanks! Not trying to compare bro. I'm just happy with the results I got, that's all.

Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Incredible run, nice job Karim!
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by robmd99
Karim
Congratulations on a very fast time! Keep pushing the envelope!
Robert
Thanks Robert. I Really appreciate the encouragement.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Hey Karim! Nice to see those times. Congrats. Really great for stock turbos and a big step in the right direction. How much boost are you running? Now if you only had put those .2ICs back on...
Thanks Dave. And thank you for listening and for all your support over the last months. Your advice helped me keep the faith and keep at it.

On another note, you're right about those ICs, maybe I should've kept those stock ICs and shaved another 5 seconds from my 0-300 time!

Originally Posted by bonehead
Excellent, Karim! Great post as usual
Thank you Ed. You, Dave, Barry, Paul, Chris (ttsurgeon), Bob, Scott, Chad, Cannga, my friends from Kuwait, and a few others here on 6speed have been incredibly supportive and have made the ownership experience of my car far more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise.

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
You forgot to mention he's got the biggest *****...

Great results Karim. What's next on the agenda? Unfortunately, when you start down this road there's always something 'next on the agenda'.
ROFL Barry! And many thanks for everything.

Next on the agenda:
1- Testing the car with race gas (VP MS 109)
2- More refinements to the tune. Scott Slauson is convinced that there's a lot more he can do with the tune to extract more performance from the car.
3- Going lightweight on the rims and tires. I ordered the BBS FI wheels as you know which should shave 14 KG from my unsprung weight. I will also switch over from my current Bridgestones to lighter weight tires to shave a bit more weight still.

After that, sit tight and wait for developments on the PDK Gearbox and see how that plays out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dancing to a Different Tune: New 6speedonline 997.2TT PDK (w/ stock turbos) Record :D