997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aquamist HFS3 installation my experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Aquamist HFS3 installation my experience

Last week i got my Aquamist HFS3 water/methanol injection kit from EPL and IPD Y-pipe from AwdMotorsports. First of all i want to thank both companies for their great products and service. And a big thank you to Dave and Tony at EPL for their great support, i wouldn't had it installed without them. Thank you guys.

Complete installation took us around 18 hours, have in mind that i used the old AEM fluid tube which is the same in size and matterial. Installing new lines would take another 5-6 hours of work.

Here are some pictures of installation process

Attached Images     
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Some more pics of the installation, i made an aluminum bracket where i installed the pump (i copied EPL) The difficult part was to define which ECU cables to connect on the control unit.

Attached Images      
Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
will you be running 50/50? nice install

Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
I did a few tests on my stock Y-pipe about where to install the jets, i tried to install them on the bottom side but as Dave said the engine belt would be very close to them. So i finally installed them on the front sides of the IPD Y-pipe. Another importand thing is to make a new gauge cable because it will not be long enough to reach the glovebox.

Attached Images     
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
The fast acting valve (FAV) was installed under the bracket where the engine boot locks

Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
No i'll be running 100% methanol

Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 PM
I used both 0,9mm and 1,0mm injectors.

Here is the final look

Attached Images   
Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 PM
If you are plunning to use a water/methanol kit Aquamist is a top quality product to go with. I can provide you with valuable information to skip dificulties and save time. I hope this will help you.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
rep from me to milou for the valuable info

Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
rep from me to milou for the valuable info
thank you man, it will be a great modd for your car too, imagine running racefuel boost every day

Old 02-15-2011, 11:46 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
like what am doing now am just waiting the AEM kit to fail and i'll defo buy the HSF-6

Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
great info to share .. thanks alot milou

why you did not install the HSF-6 ??

what nozzles you are running ? size ???

Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
who will be doing your tuning?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by ysfg35
great info to share .. thanks alot milou

why you did not install the HSF-6 ??

what nozzles you are running ? size ???

I installed the HSF-3 because this is the one EPL recomended to me.

I'm running the 0,9mm and 1,0mm nozzles

Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by bad107
who will be doing your tuning?

Todd Knighton (Protomotive)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aquamist HFS3 installation my experience