997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 TT AWE Exhaust review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Hoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to all
997.2 TT AWE Exhaust review

I recently had the 997.2 TT AWE Exhaust installed. Mike was very helpful in answering all my questions, spoke with me on the phone and even gave me the expired Christmas discount even though it was a few days after. The exhaust took some time to built, they are made per order, then I waited some time to install it.

I had the Porsche dealer install it, yes I know it was more expensive but I had to do a one year service and was trying to kill two birds with one stone. The tech said everything was pretty easy to put together.

The reason I bought the exhaust was purely for the sound, I did not care about any performance gains. The reason I picked AWE is because I felt they did the best job marketing the sound by making long videos with the car in different locations. The exhaust simply sounded the best over the videos. My second choice was the Tubi but to me it didn't sound the best. Perhaps in person it sounds better. If there were more videos in different locations (like where the sound will bounce off the environment), then I might have chosen that instead.

Once the exhaust was on the car, I was completely amazed at the sound, it was way better then what I initially thought. I usually drive my Cayenne but haven't driven it since I had the exhaust put on. It's a pleasure every time I get in. This really completed the car, and as you drive faster it sounds better.

I was at a recent track day, and I got a ton of complements from people who said it sounded amazing. Before would make comments on how fast the car was and quiet at the same time. Overall I am extremely happy with the experience.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Many thanks for your kind words and your purchase. Could not have asked for a better evaluation!