997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Exhaust options for 997.2 TT PDK ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
I'm just a happy customer of bbi.

Last edited by mod mike; 04-18-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Hoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to allHoppity is a name known to all
I am pretty happy with my AWE exhaust and I wrote a review up of it a few days ago. I had some people asking me more on it so this morning I made a video to better show the sounds.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/47qkQXMO0aQ" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
how much are both systems?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mod mike
I'm just a happy customer of bbi. I have had an ep; the performance was not even close to a bbi, and the sound was just loud noise at wot.. With the bbi you get the best of both worlds, nice sound throughout the whole range, and you do not lose the sound of the turbos at wide open.. Plus the hp gains are twice that of the EP. They also honor their pipe for as long as you own your car.
Cool, +1 rep for you.

Anyway, this thread is about exhaust options for the 997.2 TT PDK

Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, Akrapovic has the best exhaust for that car. If you are looking to save some $, then Europipe is a great option. If money is no object, you want the titanium setup. Have a look at this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elopments.html

Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
AK and EP are both nice, but EP is better, IMO. It's actually a bargain in comparison. However, the slip in AK version is interesting for a 997.2.
As far as power goes, the EP makes great gains stock and flashed. My FVD tune really wakes it up. The EP is a refined, well crafted, one piece, powerful exhaust that fits like a glove and never drones. It's an exhaust that you never have to think about. I have no experience with bbi, but do have with many others, perhaps others will chime in. I find it hard to swallow that any exhaust with cats would make twice the gains as an EP, that's a mighty tall order.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 02-22-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Does putting after market exhaust void any of the car warranty?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
AK and EP are both nice, but EP is better, IMO. It's actually a bargain in comparison. However, the slip in AK version is interesting for a 997.2.
As far as power goes, the EP makes great gains stock and flashed. My FVD tune really wakes it up. The EP is a refined, well crafted, one piece, powerful exhaust that fits like a glove and never drones. It's an exhaust that you never have to think about. I have no experience with bbi, but do have with many others, perhaps others will chime in. I find it hard to swallow that any exhaust with cats would make twice the gains as an EP, that's a mighty tall order.
+1000% ^^^...... especially the last bit. Actually, a tall order would be monumental understatement.....and something that would definately need some proof to back up.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 AM
wogy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Automotive Connoisseur
Actually, Akrapovic has the best exhaust for that car. If you are looking to save some $, then Europipe is a great option. If money is no object, you want the titanium setup. Have a look at this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elopments.html
we need vid clips plz

Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hoppity
I am pretty happy with my AWE exhaust and I wrote a review up of it a few days ago. I had some people asking me more on it so this morning I made a video to better show the sounds.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/47qkQXMO0aQ" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>
Hoppity,

Nice video and thanks for getting that up on YouTube.

To all, there is a new game in town. This is our finest sounding Turbo system to to date.

-Made in the USA
-HJS Cats
-Tig Welded 304 stainless
-Includes all gaskets and hardware
-Easy install
-V-band clamps

For more information, see here: 997TT exhaust page

Email me if you have questions or would like ordering info. Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Old 02-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
What exhaust systems comes on Turbo S looks like it may been fabricated by AK in some photos I have seen. I am very concerned about the sounds from my in coming Turbo S. Sorry a sports car should sound like one. I understand that it will never be mistaken for. Fcar but I want the best sound I can get. So far what I have heard on U tube Ep seems to sound the best. Any comments from anyone.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:22 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gj325
What exhaust systems comes on Turbo S looks like it may been fabricated by AK in some photos I have seen. I am very concerned about the sounds from my in coming Turbo S. Sorry a sports car should sound like one. I understand that it will never be mistaken for. Fcar but I want the best sound I can get. So far what I have heard on U tube Ep seems to sound the best. Any comments from anyone.
The can indeed has markings that look like Akropovic but it's not.

The exhaust is branded Boysen (German company) and it is manufactured in China I believe.

I have EP on my turbo PDK and it is indeed, in my opinion, the best.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
The can indeed has markings that look like Akropovic but it's not.

The exhaust is branded Boysen (German company) and it is manufactured in China I believe.

I have EP on my turbo PDK and it is indeed, in my opinion, the best.
Thanks
So IYO that mod is worht the money!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gj325
Thanks
So IYO that mod is worht the money!!!
You will know just how cheap it is when you see it and hear it. I made the mistake of thinking there were cheaper alternatives, and I know I'm not alone. If youre having second thoughts on the dollars then my only advice is spare yourself the agro and leave it stock. If you don't want drone then this is the one.....or the Akro can if weight is an issue. These systems make real power without a tune, sound awesome and, don't spoil the car. You will like.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by speed21
You will know just how cheap it is when you see it and hear it. I made the mistake of thinking there were cheaper alternatives, and I know I'm not alone. If youre having second thoughts on the dollars then my only advice is spare yourself the agro and leave it stock. If you don't want drone then this is the one.....or the Akro can if weight is an issue. These systems make real power without a tune, sound awesome and, don't spoil the car. You will like.
OH money isn't a problem I full understand you get what you pay for. Of course I wish I could get Fcar sound out of a Porsche but that will never happen Wish there were some EP to hear near Memphis but in my research that is what I am leaning towards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust options for 997.2 TT PDK ???